You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Take her to 10 Rillington Place, tell her this is where John Christie discovered a cure for uppitiness.

That's actually just around the corner from where I live now.

Didn't know that, cheers, she'll love that touch of the macabre.

Edit: I've given out too much today, everybody who hasn't been repped will be when I reload.

What about taking her to a hotel with some history to it?

I was reading about Grim's Dyke the other day which was the home of W. S. Gilbert in fact he died there trying to rescue a girl from a lake on the grounds.

2 nights accomodation for the May bank Holiday, dinner included on one of the nights £199.99. Grim's Dyke country hotel, London country retreat, Gilbert & Sullivan Few films and TV shows filmed there as well

Grim's Dyke country hotel, London country retreat, Film and TV

Splash out you mingebag!

Grims-Dyke-Hotel.jpg

Take her to Dover and show her the iconic white cliffs. Tell her that many brave R.A.F pilots returning home after sorties during World War 2, not only got a sense of pride when they came into view but also used them to navigate if their instruments had failed.

If she's not impressed then you could always throw her off.

do a pub tour of the country, take in sights such as:

whitby were bram stoker wrote dracula

old man and scythe in bolton, were the earl of derby spent his last night before having his head lopped off by cromwell due to war crimes

the scotch piper in lydiate (north liverpool just south of southport), used to be called the old oak tree but changed its name after a jacobite ended up there after the battle of preston

the ship and mitre in liverpool all round great pub, plus would give you a chance to watch a match if you can get tickets

If you are in central London you could go to St Martins in the Fields church, where Amnesty International started out (it's next to Trafalgar Square). It's also got the homeless charity there, and they are happy to show people what they do. The Harp pub is near there and it won the UK pub of the year award a couple of years ago. You could do The Freemasons Arms in Covent Garden, as Scouse Tapas suggested, easily from there.

AIUK : Timeline

In the opposite direction, towards the river, you could see the original Scotland Yard. You could do the Robert Peel/ Bow Street Runners history etc. It's also where Christopher Wren lived, so you could include St Paul's/ Great Fire of London. John Milton lived there so there's the English Poetry aspect.

Metropolitan Police Service - History - Definition & History of Policing

If you can get out to Chiswick (Hounslow area), then visit Hogarth House. Hogarth is one of my heroes, a great humanitarian and chronicler of English society in his day. The riverside has some nice pubs, too.

Richard "the Lionheart" I of England has a statue of himself outside Parliament despite only spending 6 months of his ten-year reign in the country and he couldn't speak a word of English.

That's where I'm starting, cheers for the info.

The Sex, as always, knows!

I hope she finds history a bit more interesting than I do!

You're from Milton Keynes, no wonder history scares you, considering you have none!

Bloody immigrants coming over here and taking our men.

Even you'd go all 'gooey' over this one Rich, she's a keeper.

do a pub tour of the country, take in sights such as:

whitby were bram stoker wrote dracula

Already planned for in a few weeks time.

I'm not quite sure I could show her Bolton though, shit, that's too much even for me!

If you are in central London you could go to St Martins in the Fields church, where Amnesty International started out (it's next to Trafalgar Square). It's also got the homeless charity there, and they are happy to show people what they do. The Harp pub is near there and it won the UK pub of the year award a couple of years ago. You could do The Freemasons Arms in Covent Garden, as Scouse Tapas suggested, easily from there.

AIUK : Timeline

In the opposite direction, towards the river, you could see the original Scotland Yard. You could do the Robert Peel/ Bow Street Runners history etc. It's also where Christopher Wren lived, so you could include St Paul's/ Great Fire of London. John Milton lived there so there's the English Poetry aspect.

Metropolitan Police Service - History - Definition & History of Policing

If you can get out to Chiswick (Hounslow area), then visit Hogarth House. Hogarth is one of my heroes, a great humanitarian and chronicler of English society in his day. The riverside has some nice pubs, too.

Cheers Baz, that's come in really handy, especially the Milton stuff.

Rep to follow, as apparently I'm spent for a while.