You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Have to say' date=' I've been well impressed with the signings Spurs have made. And signing Eriksen is probably the best bit of business by any English club this summer, a superb player. Spurs have to finish in the top 4 after all this. Would be funny as hell if they flopped.[/quote']

But they won't, let's be honest. They're going to do very well now

Surely us potentially signing two centre backs means Skrtel is heading to Napoli if we get the deals through by Monday.

yep, apparently we've told Ilori that he will be getting a good amount of games and I imagine Skrtel will be on a fair whack after signing a new deal just after being player of the season in 11/12 and doesn't seem to have the best relationship with BR anyway, hopefully back to Zenit or elsewhere in Russia rather than Napoli as mooted before so we get a decent deal out of it

Sign illori and sakho plus shay given and Moses on loan I'd say its gone from being a poor window to a mediocre one. Slightest of improvements to the playing squad hopefully Rodgers coaching methods and ideas make us play above our potential, we really need to, to get top 4.

I'd rather forget about Moses even though I like him and actually buy a player who is part of our plans to play in the front 3. Maybe they just want a stop gap for sterling and ibe to mature. I do think Moses would be decent for us though.

I reckon FSG are keeping some of their powder dry until January.

Get in a few players now and see where we stand come January. If we're solid enough, reinforce if needed. If we're off the pace, sign some quality.

No point in spending big now if what we have will do the job.

Might be a bit of truth to this, and I'm not even sure it's all that bad an idea.

It would seem that most if not all the top attacking players who are going to move (at least in our price range and at the necessary level) have gone, so I can see some wisdom in this approach. Sort the defense out for the long term with the additions of Sakho and Ilori, get a loan signing up front for temporary depth, and hold onto the rest of the cash.

Then, in January, we can hopefully find a player who is available who might not have been this summer, or get a significantly better price on one of our current targets. And it's not as if we're really desperate for help up front right now anyway; Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge and Aspas are a pretty good set of options. We could have done with one more at the level of those four, but it's not like we're in the position we were last season after we didn't replace Carroll.

Might be a bit of truth to this, and I'm not even sure it's all that bad an idea.

It would seem that most if not all the top attacking players who are going to move (at least in our price range and at the necessary level) have gone, so I can see some wisdom in this approach. Sort the defense out for the long term with the additions of Sakho and Ilori, get a loan signing up front for temporary depth, and hold onto the rest of the cash.

Then, in January, we can hopefully find a player who is available who might not have been this summer, or get a significantly better price on one of our current targets. And it's not as if we're really desperate for help up front right now anyway; Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge and Aspas are a pretty good set of options. We could have done with one more at the level of those four, but it's not like we're in the position we were last season after we didn't replace Carroll.

what happens if we are in the shit come January though? trying not to sound negative but there is now a time to push on and get back in CL.

Im not saying we cant challenge for the top 4 places in the league, we can as things stand but the more quality we can bring in, the better...we need more goals to his team.If victor moses does the job im own with that.

Spurs have had a €35m bid for Mata refused according to some random site.

How many banks have they robbed the Spuds this summer? They're buying players for fun, not unlike their neighbours the rent boys. I understand they're a well run outfit but their spending seems also to be in anticipation of landing a champions league spot. Therein lies the pitfall if they miss that target.

Sign illori and sakho plus shay given and Moses on loan I'd say its gone from being a poor window to a mediocre one. Slightest of improvements to the playing squad hopefully Rodgers coaching methods and ideas make us play above our potential, we really need to, to get top 4.

I'd rather forget about Moses even though I like him and actually buy a player who is part of our plans to play in the front 3. Maybe they just want a stop gap for sterling and ibe to mature. I do think Moses would be decent for us though.

Moses will surprise some people I promise you.

• Downvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Mignolet, Toure, Sakho, Aspas, Luis Alberto. I wouldn't say that's mediocre. I think it's a good window that would be made excellent by signing one top left sided player.

Mignolet, Toure, Sakho, Aspas, Luis Alberto. I wouldn't say that's mediocre. I think it's a good window that would be made excellent by signing one top left sided player.

It's mediocre relative to Rodgers' obvious strategy of overloading the front with match winners and throwing in a superlative shot-stopper to shore things up at the back. He clearly wanted to build from the front backwards, but that's been turned on it's head.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It's mediocre relative to Rodgers' obvious strategy of overloading the front with match winners and throwing in a superlative shot-stopper to shore things up at the back. He clearly wanted to build from the front backwards' date=' but that's been turned on it's head.[/quote']

By whom?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Circumstances. Many.

Agreed. Having Coates, Skrtel, and Toure all on the sidelines, with two previously up for sale, getting in cover seems smart.

I'm going to wait it out because we might yet see a decent attacker coming in. In terms of personnel, though, I think it has been a decent summer.

So far We have took the tiniest of baby steps forward with playing staff. I've heard more about right value than improvements. We've probably right valued our way to 6th unless we over perform and Rodgers has the team being more than the sum of its parts.

We need one more genuine straight into the first 11 no questions asked player, the first 11 needed upgrading by a fair bit to compete for top 4 I don't think we've done enough so far so that's why I think its mediocre. Toure aspas and Alberto I think we're bought as squad players, they have given a squad that finished 7th better options. Mignolet is like for like in my eyes, sakho could be a genuine improvement. Is that enough of a push, a sign of intent to say we want top 4 and will do everything in our power to get it. Not for me. I don't think it is for Rodgers either. I don't see making bids for players you didn't get as ambitious either not if once you failed you see the attempt as a victory so fuck it lets loan some fuckers whose club just decided he's surplus to requirements for now. Buy a quality attacking forward and the 11 looks a lot rosier.

Agreed. Having Coates, Skrtel, and Toure all on the sidelines, with two previously up for sale, getting in cover seems smart.

I'm going to wait it out because we might yet see a decent attacker coming in. In terms of personnel, though, I think it has been a decent summer.

Decent or not? It's all relative to your benchmark.

In terms of being able to realistically challenge for top 4?

In terms of providing the manager with what he needs to execute his plan on how to move the team forward?

In terms of inspiring the group to believe they can over-perform?

In terms of the efficient allocation of capital $ to playing staff resources relative to anticipated short to medium term capital appreciation?

Where the fuck are spurs going to play all these new attackers?

Dembele, Eriksen, Paulinho, Sigurdsson, Holtby, Lamela, Townsend, capoue and Sandro are all central.

Only Chadli and Lennon are wide men.

I'm praying they fall to pieces. Everyone's praising that fucking cunt Levy for being so prudent but imagine the hike in the wage structure this summer. Isn't Sigurdsson on 70k? If so then they seem to have gone properly all out in hope of CL footy next season without really looking at the balance of the team.

I will laugh non stop till 2027 if they screw this up. They've become a very arrogant club since Bale came to prominence and a solitary campaign in the CL is all they have to show for it.

I hate them and I cannot wait for the implosion. Wankers.

Where the fuck are spurs going to play all these new attackers?

Dembele, Eriksen, Paulinho, Sigurdsson, Holtby, Lamela, Townsend, capoue and Sandro are all central.

Only Chadli and Lennon are wide men.

I'm praying they fall to pieces. Everyone's praising that fucking cunt Levy for being so prudent but imagine the hike in the wage structure this summer. Isn't Sigurdsson on 70k? If so then they seem to have gone properly all out in hope of CL footy next season without really looking at the balance of the team.

I will laugh non stop till 2027 if they screw this up. They've become a very arrogant club since Bale came to prominence and a solitary campaign in the CL is all they have to show for it.

I hate them and I cannot wait for the implosion. Wankers.

I reckon Lamela and townsend will play wide. Holtby will go on loan and Levy will have CL clauses written into all the contracts. He's no Risdale.

I reckon Lamela and townsend will play wide. Holtby will go on loan and Levy will have CL clauses written into all the contracts. He's no Risdale.

You say he's no Ridsdale, but these players are going to be on mega deals. If Sigurdsson, who average really, can get a deal like that at Spurs- imagine what the real players are getting. Without CL football they will have to make the package a bit more enticing too.

Regarding Lamela- I remember when we were linked weeks ago, I said having him and Coutinho in the same team would be counter productive. They are basically the same player and to flourish both need to be sitting behind the front man making things happen. Pushing them out wide nullifies their true quality as they work best central. For this reason I hope you are right and they do use him as a winger.

They have 9 players vying for 3 spots, so some of them are going to get pissed off pretty quickly if they were signed with promises made.

I can't wait for it all to go tits up. They haven't scored a goal from open play yet this season and have dubious penalties to thank for some undeserved victories.

Bring it on. Fucking wankers.

Nothing had changed there. We ve been chasing ilori and papadopoulos all summer and that became ilori and sahko recently when papa deal couldnt be agreed.

We were always after 2 more cbs