You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 minute ago, Mook said:

We get our bonus at the end of February so everyone was looking at their payslips this morning, I had a quick look at mine to see how much I'd been taxed on it (it's usually only a couple of hundred quid anyway) only to find there was nothing about any bonus. 

I had a bit of a rough year last year, some of it of my own making, some of it not really my fault at all & knew from speaking with my manager that I had to have a better year in 2021 but neither him nor his manager (who I had a meeting with yesterday) thought to tell me that I wasn't getting a bonus.

Cowardly fucking cunts. That is the last time I'll bother working my bollocks off for them that's for sure.

What finally happened with the lady?

And isn't it belledary?

35 minutes ago, Mook said:

We get our bonus at the end of February so everyone was looking at their payslips this morning, I had a quick look at mine to see how much I'd been taxed on it (it's usually only a couple of hundred quid anyway) only to find there was nothing about any bonus. 

I had a bit of a rough year last year, some of it of my own making, some of it not really my fault at all & knew from speaking with my manager that I had to have a better year in 2021 but neither him nor his manager (who I had a meeting with yesterday) thought to tell me that I wasn't getting a bonus.

Cowardly fucking cunts. That is the last time I'll bother working my bollocks off for them that's for sure.

I had that other year. Annual payrise used to be automatic, they then moved it to performance based. My boss didn't tell me I'd not got it. Hated that twat 

• Upvote 1

We were also a PLC for the first time

so the remuneration committee kindly decided to reduce our bonus pot. It’s now been sold back into private ownership so reducing the bonus has no impact other than leaving more cash in the bank for the new owner.  Why would you do that?  

10 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

I had that other year. Annual payrise used to be automatic, they then moved it to performance based. My boss didn't tell me I'd not got it. Hated that twat 

Aye, that's the other thing I found out, no pay rise.

I'm meant to have a 1:1 with him tomorrow & I'm going to have to bite my tongue.

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

We were also a PLC for the first time

so the remuneration committee kindly decided to reduce our bonus pot. It’s now been sold back into private ownership so reducing the bonus has no impact other than leaving more cash in the bank for the new owner.  Why would you do that?  

Because the rich get richer and the rest of us can go and fuck ourselves?

9 minutes ago, TheBigGreenBastard said:

Try working for the police. its standard to become more of a cunt the higher up you go on the food chain, but bear in mind the cunts at the bottom are right cunts.

@Charles Penrose told a story on here years ago about how he'd not long become a copper and someone held a door open for him, he said 'thanks mate' and said other said 'I'm not your mate'.

Which was nice. 

41 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

@Charles Penrose told a story on here years ago about how he'd not long become a copper and someone held a door open for him, he said 'thanks mate' and said other said 'I'm not your mate'.

Which was nice. 

Thats polite of the other copper to actually speak!

6 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

I used to just say Morning Campers. Fuck all this politically correct bollocks.

“Alright my lovers?” In a West Country accent is also good.

The CEO at my missus’ work has recently read a management consulting article which used the analogy that the company is like a disco, and leaders need to sometimes leave the dance floor and spend time on the balcony, watching the action from on high. Then decided that it was so good they shared it with the whole staff.

So now all the exec team are saying things like “I can’t fit that in, as I’ve scheduled some balcony time on Wednesday afternoon”.

And the lame middle managers are all making “hilarious” jokes about each other’s disco dancing skills and calling people glitterballs when they’ve done something good.

• Upvote 2