You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What do you think?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• I strongly agree
    • I strongly disagree
    • I agree
    • I disagree
    • I am unsure.

Behave, I bet even Smith sees the funny side to that. He broke his leg, he didn't die.

He may do mate, or it might be that this was the injury that sent his career down the pan and he suffers from depression because of it and wants to kill himself when he is taunted over this injury? Who knows.

My earlier point is that I know, having been on the Kop in the 80's v United, that we dished just as much shit as they do now. I am not saying its right, more that I don't want us to set ourselves up for a fall by portraying ourselves as whiter than white. Because I know how it will play out in the press.

So,what specific chant gets them ejected? "96 was not enough" certainly, but I didnt hear that on Sunday.

"always the victim"- can be claimed to be generic.

"murderers"- is Heysel related, is "manslaughterers" acceptable?

In the late 60's and early 70's "Harry Roberts is our King" was routinely sung to taunt the police.

Are you really stupid? This isn't difficult.

Always the victim is demonstrably not generic - not acceptable.

Heysel songs are gloating about deaths - not acceptable.

Harry Roberts/Munich/Shipman - not acceptable.

Sticks and stones.....

We give as good as we get, we have done for years. Yes times change, yes we should all move on, but we don't, because football is tribalistic and with that brings the hatred and derision.

If the boot was on the other foot, we'd be doing the same and if stopping all the agro means to ban away fans(mancs), then we wouldn't be solving the problem, we'd just be hiding from it.

Are you really stupid? This isn't difficult.

Always the victim is demonstrably not generic - not acceptable.

Heysel songs are gloating about deaths - not acceptable.

Harry Roberts/Munich/Shipman - not acceptable.

The stupidity is your own.

We all have our own views on what we like, or don't like, and where the line of acceptability is crossed. You are entitled to your own.

You were attemptimg to justify the point at which individuals could be ejected from the ground.

The "always the victim" chant is generic, and therein lies the problem. Is it a "whinging scouser" jibe? Or is is specific to Hillsborough?

If the mancs want to chant about our culpability in the Heysel deaths are you saying they should not be free to do so?

This is football. Tribal football. There are no legal grounds whatsoever for ejection (or banning) for the above, other than that we don't like them. Once you start banning supporters from singing what opposition fans don't like you end what football has been about since it started.

Guest ShoePiss

We all have our own views on what we like, or don't like, and where the line of acceptability is crossed. You are entitled to your own.

You were attemptimg to justify the point at which individuals could be ejected from the ground.

The "always the victim" chant is generic, and therein lies the problem. Is it a "whinging scouser" jibe? Or is is specific to Hillsborough?

If the mancs want to chant about our culpability in the Heysel deaths are you saying they should not be free to do so?

This is football. Tribal football. There are no legal grounds whatsoever for ejection (or banning) for the above, other than that we don't like them. Once you start banning supporters from singing what opposition fans don't like you end what football has been about since it started.

I don't think it's generic at all, it may well have been used before but it was really brought to the forefront when that scruffy headed tory prick said what he said back in 2004.

Anyway you're a cunt.

Chill out homeslice: I'm working on a ditty about Darren Fletcher's prolapsed anus. Think it'll fly?

Think you can over analyse things, don't know why you persist.

In reality, you know, everyone knows what the chant is aimed at. You're right and the majority are wrong?

The "always the victim" chant is not generic, stop being a tit.

I don't think it's generic at all, it may well have been used before but it was really brought to the forefront when that scruffy headed tory prick said what he said back in 2004.Anyway you're a cunt.

It is ambiguous, and that is the point. Proposing that fans are ejected for ambiguous chants is a non-starter. It is whatever you want it to be.

As for your abuse, as I said before, it rests with the abuser, which in your case is so apt.

Off topic and should be a 'Hate Manchester Thread'. Remember me and my mate being skint, we lent and bought £300 quids worth of 'Klinsmann Dive Bomber' t shirts from a Manchester warehouse thinking we'd make a bit cause we were playing Spurs in the FA cup. Match day went around all the ale houses around the ground trying to sell, also after the game along the road toward the away coaches as the ground emptied, worked like fuck and didn't sell one. Ended potless lol. What's more we got beat one nil and the cunt on the shirt scored.

Hate Manchester.

It is point scoring on the death of innocent people, its fucking disgusting and to dress it up as anything else is equally as such and well they are free to do so but it shows them up for the utter fucking scum that they are.

• 7 months later...
Not going to be anywhere near the pressure to behave on Sunday, so I fully expect them to unleash their cuntery. One of the main reasons I really dread this fixture.

Just give them the rope and let them hang themselves. Let them continue with their snide human tragedy oneupmanship. All it does is undermine their own attempt to airbrush out their own shady history, their once proud boast to be the most notorious hooligans in the country by turning up in small towns and causing as much mayhem as possible.

Some of us grow up and mature. Some never will.

See there is a story now in the press that the LFC twitter account asked fans which songs should be played over the tannoy on sunday to which some moron replied:

Come Fly with Me

Always look on the bright side of life

I like to move it move it

The LFC twitter account then replied something along the lines have you been sneaking a look at the dressing room ipod which of course has since been deleted, now I'd like to think the person running the account didn't actually pick up on what the response with those songs meant and was just joking about them being quite bizarre songs for football etc whilst there is no doubt the guy who suggested them is an utter wanker.

However what is the chances that this 1/maybe 2 people acting like pricks will receive more coverage than what their entire end will no doubt be singing on sunday?

Not going to be anywhere near the pressure to behave on Sunday, so I fully expect them to unleash their cuntery. One of the main reasons I really dread this fixture.

It makes the victory a little sweeter.

It'd be nice if our club called the shitbags out on this - if not reporting them to the FA, at least complaining to MUFC (and the media) to let everyone know what cunts these people are.

It makes the victory a little sweeter.

It'd be nice if our club called the shitbags out on this - if not reporting them to the FA' date=' at least complaining to MUFC (and the media) to let everyone know what cunts these people are.[/quote']

Why? We've plenty of 'cunts' who support us so it might be in order for ourselves to clean up our own house before we start whinging about others.

Why? We've plenty of 'cunts' who support us so it might be in order for ourselves to clean up our own house before we start whinging about others.

I've never been to a Liverpool v Man U fixture but listening on the telly I have never once heard a Munich chant being aired, its been admitted plenty by our fans that a small minority do try it each time but it certainly never gets enough backing to be picked up on the telly, I don't doubt that that small minority do try it and they need banning if identifiable but the fact it isn't heard suggests that it isn't a huge problem amongst our fans

Every time we play them you can hear songs regarding Heysel/Hillsborough from them lot as clearly as you can any other song that they play and sometimes they even do it when they aren't even playing us, its disgusting how they don't get pulled up on it.

They sang Always the Victims a few times and also 'The Sun was right you're murderers'.

Nothing ambiguous nor generic about that I'm afraid.

Nothing was sung about Munich at all by our fans even after that chant. Admittedly we do have a few nuggets around who are not averse to a Munich jibe but I heard nothing in the ground and haven't for a long long time.

It's obvious what the chants are about.

Even after all the evidence of year upon year of lies, cover ups, deceit, slander and bullshit by our beloved authorities in our shitty little fucked up country, the thick fuckers still chant it, their lack of self awareness is staggering.

The club should make a statement and ban the cunts.