You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christmas Present Winning

Jose Jones

Better to give or receive?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Better to give or receive?

• Better to get the good stuff
    • Better to be the better gifter

we had a £50 limit, as we'd spunked loads on the kids, so all is going well, and the shit presents I'd bought my mrs didn't look too out of place. Until the last present, when I gave her a Terry's Chocolate Orange, and she gave me 2 tickets to see Springsteen at Wembley in June.

Not sure if I won or lost tbh

we had a £50 limit, as we'd spunked loads on the kids, so all is going well, and the shit presents I'd bought my mrs didn't look too out of place. Until the last present, when I gave her a Terry's Chocolate Orange, and she gave me 2 tickets to see Springsteen at Wembley in June.

Not sure if I won or lost tbh

I know that feeling all too well

I gave my cousin and his fiancée brand new Armani watches and some Mulling syrup and an alcoholic drink I make - freshly squeezed strawberries and lime with vodka. This is 3 weeks after visiting them in Scotland and giving engagement presents of Champagne and flowers. So there was no way they could out-gift me.

Customised Adidas Superstar II

New Wallet (has global map inside)

Active Ordnance Survey map of Yorkshire Dales (I'm doing 3 peaks challenge in Jan)

Bridgedale walking socks

Navigation book.

Book about map history

Chocolates

Picture for the wall, of walking

New water bottle

DVD, books, chilli plant, etc

Good haul. Off to my brothers tomorrow, hoping for more swag.

Paul Smith Wheels

Ugg Slippers - If you have poor circulation then these things are natures greatest miracle

Lots of books' date=' currently halfway through Seven Deadly Sins by David Walsh

All things considered a very nice haul.[/quote']

A man with poor circulation? Unheard of.....however, I have been resisting a pair of Ugg slippers for some time; you may just have broken me

And you were right about Slaying the Badger....Mr C loved it so much he already had a copy :(

My missus got from me;

iPad

Uggs

Pandora charm

Flight of the Conchords album

She got me;

Leather holdall

PJ's

Slippers

FM13

Onesie

She done alright out of me like, but was worth it seeing the look on her face. Had a difficult couple of months she has, so was good to see a smile back on her face.