You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge

WhiskeyJar

Daniel Sturridge  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Sturridge

• We need him, get him in January
    • Not what we need. We need someone with more quality and experience
    • Not seen him play enough/Unsure about him

wouldn't be my choice but I assume BR knows him. Refusing to sign players who dance like a hero after a 2 yard tap in everyone else does the hard work is probably a silly prejudice I would have to overcome as a manager, and BR won't have a problem with big 'eds.

I will back him 100% now though and really hope he does well. The fans refused to get on Crouch's back when many didn't want him even though he had a terrible start and ultimately the relationship with the fans grew closer as a result.

Is this all deffo deffo?

Alarm bells rang with the Heaton quote, because for aaages Andy had been on about Rodgers and Walcott having the same agent, but then Rodgers told people at a recent press conference that he doesn't have an agent...

The photo of him on the train seems to indicate it's all on though.

A lot of people say Sturridge has only ever done the business in the loan at Bolton and the spell under AVB at Chelsea but thats the only times he has ever had good runs in the starting line up and he should've had far more chances and would've done if it wasn't for an insistance to persist with a 50million Spanish flop

just had a read of a Chelsea forum and was quite surprised by the comments on there, expected the usual rubbish from them about us been a spent force and signing their rejects etc but most of the comments are along the lines of how it will be a good move for both us and Sturridge and its their loss and they are letting him go for peanuts and how Torres has now cost them Drogba, Anelka and Sturridge

Seriously? Fucks sakes! :telloff:

although it means we won't be as strong for the Europa if him and Ince come in as well as Borini returning it means whoever isn't starting regularly in the league will be fresh and have a point to prove in the European games, for what its worth I think Sturridge and Suarez will start everyweek with one of Sterling/Borini/Ince/Suso etc depending who is on form and opposition etc

Happy enough with this signing. Can he please just be an instant hit. Even most of our successful signings in recent times seem to have taken time to settle in and we need someone to just do well right from the start. Seems a bit selfish on the ball from some of the games I've seen him in but that might not be such a bad thing considering some of our players constantly seem to just want to pass responsibility on to someone else even when they're in a great position themself. I'm a little less convinced about Ince if that is happening too. He might be good in the long term but surely we need players who are definitely ready for the first team now rather than just another promising youngster.

Pleased with this early bit of business. A proven goal scorer brought in very quickly. Nice to see there are still plenty of miserable fuckers moaning about it though. Jesus christ, if we signed Messi there'd be plenty of people on here moaning he hasn't got any premier league experience.

Happy enough with this signing. Can he please just be an instant hit. .

That's the problem. There will be so much pressure heaped on him with our chronic inabilty to convert our chances that he is going to have to something special to live up to some of the expectations. From what little I've seen of Sturridge he seems a half decent player but I am far from convinced he will be an instant hit. The only real thing to go on is the suspicion Chelsea wouldn't be offloading him if he was that special. We hardly got a bargain with Cole. However we need a striker now and on balance I think he will improve the side .

Sturridge will link up well with Suarez, I think Suarez will get more goals 2nd half of the season because Sturridge will drag defenders with him with his pace, I hope he does well, seemed willing to come in August and we only want players here who want to play for the club and he does so that's a start.

Sturridge will link up well with Suarez' date=' I think Suarez will get more goals 2nd half of the season because Sturridge will drag defenders with him with his pace, I hope he does well, seemed willing to come in August and we only want players here who want to play for the club and he does so that's a start.[/quote']

Agreed.