You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge

WhiskeyJar

Daniel Sturridge  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Sturridge

• We need him, get him in January
    • Not what we need. We need someone with more quality and experience
    • Not seen him play enough/Unsure about him

I think if we want to get the best out of Sturridge we've got to play him through the middle.

I agree.

I'm hoping Suarez and Sturridge interchange and we don't just put Sturridge wide, as he has been best at Bolton centrally.

I think if we want to get the best out of Sturridge we've got to play him through the middle.

I disagree. When you listen to Rodgers, he wants the width from the fullbacks and our '3' of the 4-3-3 to be Forwards getting into the box.

We're essentially going to be playing with three strikers who all have mobility and smart movement... There wont' be much 'playing through the middle' like when we were tactically very stuck in positions like with Houllier and Benitez.

I disagree. When you listen to Rodgers, he wants the width from the fullbacks and our '3' of the 4-3-3 to be Forwards getting into the box.

We're essentially going to be playing with three strikers who all have mobility and smart movement... There wont' be much 'playing through the middle' like when we were tactically very stuck in positions like with Houllier and Benitez.

I just want my 8-0. Even if it comes with "stuck in positions".

After hearing the comments from Rodgers in those the interview with fans that I posted in the transfer thread, it would suggest to me Sturridge is going to play central and he sees Suarez more of a creator / roamer - rather than a finisher and the central striker he wants.

After hearing the comments from Rodgers in those the interview with fans that I posted in the transfer thread, it would suggest to me Sturridge is going to play central and he sees Suarez more of a creator / roamer - rather than a finisher and the central striker he wants.

I don't think that there are going to be 'set' players like that, in our forward line... Luis, naturally, will create. He's a brilliant player, and he makes a lot of magic happen.

I don't think that there are going to be 'set' players like that, in our forward line... Luis, naturally, will create. He's a brilliant player, and he makes a lot of magic happen.

Have you heard what Rodgers said?

I had the same view as you until I heard this.

He pretty much said Suarez isn't the number 9 he wants, as he is more of a number 10 or wide player who can move - rather than be the scorer he needs centrally in the box.

Have you heard what Rodgers said?

I had the same view as you until I heard this.

He pretty much said Suarez isn't the number 9 he wants, as he is more of a number 10 or wide player who can move - rather than be the scorer he needs centrally in the box.

I see it as mentality and ability... Not as set positions. It doesn't matter where they line up, but being flexible in attack. Luis is never anything but how he was described, regardless of position in the front three.

I see it as mentality and ability... Not as set positions. It doesn't matter where they line up, but being flexible in attack. Luis is never anything but how he was described, regardless of position in the front three.

But Rodgers clearly doesn't see Suarez as his central man,he said as much in that interview.

Yes ideally the front thee can inter change. But generally one is more central, as Suarez has been this season, however I don't think he will be played in that position in the long term.

Rodgers by the sounds of it sees him more as one of the wide players or as the number 10. I think Sturridge will be central.

To be fair, I also remember Rodgers saying how Suarez was a number 9 and natural finisher. Or am I dreaming it?

I think it was in the previous fanzine interview thing he did that he was saying he thought Suarez was at his best used centrally.

Yeah you're right he did.

I think he has changed that opinion.

Agreed.

Suarez did some serious damage for Ajax by coming in from the goal line/wider positions setting up other players or scoring himself.

Sturridge can be our Huntelaar.