You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real life superhero beats up racist

Joe Le Taxi

Real-life superheroes are something society has valued since time began. The urge to ‘do good’ in the name of obligation is a timeless narrative that has played out time and time again on the big screen.

The world, as we know it today, has many ‘real-life’ superheroes; firemen, policemen, EMT workers, Doctors, and teachers. But when we say ‘superhero’ we don’t necessarily think of them in a ‘real-life’ sense.

[READ: Rousey set to become first female in UFC history]

We think of fantasy, we evoke names like Peter Parker, Bruce Wayne, and Clark Kent. The mystique and omnipresence of superhero culture is undeniable in our society. It’s as old as the Industrial Revolution – and equally as American as Apple Pie.

Recently, as some of you may already know, America has seen a surge of ‘real-life’ superheroes across the country and in many major cities. They have catchy names like ‘Midnight Jack,’ ‘Red Falcon’ and ‘Bishop.’ They dress in superhero garb and apparently prowl the streets in search of evil being committed.

Video: Phoenix Jones and Co. promote justice

The aforementioned crew of Midnight Jack and Co. are actually part of a group in Seattle, which along with their partner ‘Phoenix Jones,’ have developed a bit of a cult following amongst a small group of people.

[READ: WWE's 'Batista' wins MMA debut, sort of]

I have to say, what I’ve seen, it’s pretty inspiring. This isn’t a soapbox, but I will be brief; anytime a person has an opportunity to help someone else, in any shape form or fashion, it’s their personal choice to do so.

Phoenix Jones, Midnight Jack, Red Falcon, Bishop and Westlake recently posted a video on YouTube of an incident that occurred in the early morning hours of November 9th, 2012. In the video, the heroes are confronting some men who were suspected of assault.

In the video, you see the suspects getting loud, boisterous and aggressive in tone. The heroes call the proper authorities and try to diffuse the situation. Time passes and a policeman arrives.

Here’s where things get interesting.

Apparently, in the state of Washington they have a law that allows for mutual agreed combat. What that essentially means is; that two agreeing parties can engage in legal fisticuffs, and the fight ceases when one party no longer remains on his or her feet.

In this particular case, the officer in charge does everything he can to avoid confrontation. But let’s be honest, when you have some drunk, racist, boisterous rednecks wanting to fight – who’s really going to stop them, you know?

Oh, and one final little nugget before you view the video: you know “Phoenix Jones” aka Ben Fodor? His brother is Caros Fodor – professional MMA fighter. Presumably, judging from his skill-set, Phoenix has put in more than a little time training with his brother.

Enjoy the cold, swift hands of justice.

[YOUTUBE]lVLvAOsX95M[/YOUTUBE]

TL;DR: There is a law in the state of Washington that states that if two people agree to fight, legally they can until the first man is knocked down. One drunk redneck picked on the brother of a MMA fighter dressed as a superhero.

Isn't that where Shoepiss is from? Tell me, have you ever encountered this law?

I've seen this but I didn't see a racist angle to it unless I missed something.

The dude at the end was saying "your a bitch ass nigga" but I think he might of just been trying to talk "black". Like I said I may have missed something that was said, I just hope the video wasn't just titled as beating up a a racist because one guy is black and one white because I'm sick of everything being racist these days.

Anyway the law seems stupid, on principle it seems alright but in reality people on the street don't fight fair especially when drinking. As you can see as soon as the one guy was beaten fair and square his dick head mate wanted to jump in, he couldn't just accept the loss. Also what if the guy gets knocked out, hits his head on the concrete and gets serious head trauma? I doubt there wouldn't be any consequences because this law is in place.

Also these are some nerdy sounding superhero's, viscous leg kicks though.

As soon as those leg kicks came he must have known he knew what he was doing.

I'd love to be able to stand back and watch two idiots duke it out to settle a score. I get so tired of standing in the middle of groups of pissed up blokes telling each other how they would batter each other if I wasn't there. What's even funnier is when you see a grown man being held back by a seven stone woman. You know the type, the ones who seem to be trying their best to get past but they just can't manage it because she's just so darn strong.

But as someone else has touched on before, as soon as someone loses there is chaos. What you think would be a relatively good way to end something makes it a whole lot worse.

...What's even funnier is when you see a grown man being held back by a seven stone woman. You know the type, the ones who seem to be trying their best to get past but they just can't manage it because she's just so darn strong...

Haha...yes that's class. They're saying "Hold me back! Hold me back!" - but really meaning "Make me look good. Make me look good!"