You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Now if I was Director of Admissions at Nerd University I have to say most of your applications would be filed under dweeb and dork.

nerd-venn-diagram-9420-1252236207-2.jpg

Meat would get an offer, unconditional if he could correctly identify the 6809 instruction 1D.

Zig would get a conditional but he'd need to port Plan 9 to his Kindle to show he has what it takes.

CL needs to get a couple of functional and data flow languages and maybe a text based adventure game or two under his belt. But looks promising for next years intake.

• Upvote 1

I frequently go to sleep listening to Noam Chomsky lectures. I can recite large passages of Lincoln's two inaugural addresses as well as the entire Gettysburg a speech. I have watched Battlestar Galactica twice and often say "Fraak" I'm everyday conversation. Show me 5 seconds of a simpsons episode between season 4 and 13 and I will tell you the name of the episode and the season.

Anybody else have a geeky ringtone? One of my mates has super Mario bros.

That is and has been my ringtone for quite some time. If you leave my phone ringing long enough the music changes to the 'der ner ner ner ner ner' music from the castle levels. If that's nerdy then I'm in, other than that I'm a complete non-nerd.

That is and has been my ringtone for quite some time. If you leave my phone ringing long enough the music changes to the 'der ner ner ner ner ner' music from the castle levels. If that's nerdy then I'm in, other than that I'm a complete non-nerd.

Due to your dislike of licking minge, the label I would use for you would be ' gay. '

Totenkopf surely?

I'm a Das Reich man myself, classed as the 'second best' of the divisions yet having more honours and taking part in the Battle of Kursk. Paul Hausser was awesome too.

Apparently the Viking division which had loads of scandos and even a smattering of Brits in there had no warcimes in its records, except one possibly incident involving its bakery unit - no shit.

I'm a Das Reich man myself, classed as the 'second best' of the divisions yet having more honours and taking part in the Battle of Kursk. Paul Hausser was awesome too.

Apparently the Viking division which had loads of scandos and even a smattering of Brits in there had no warcimes in its records, except one possibly incident involving its bakery unit - no shit.

I like the Bosnian muslim division, simply for how outlandish that sounds. Think we've read the same book Sec, The Black Angels, good book that.

bosnian-muslims-13th-mountain-SS-division-khanjar.jpg

I don't know if it can be classed as geeky or nerdy as such, perhaps borderline fanboy-ish, but I have Michael Haggins' 'Daybreak' as my ringtone. To the non-familiar, it just sounds like elevator music.

I did once have the Matrix scrolling graphic as a screensaver though.

Is this a Community fan I see before me?

I like the Bosnian muslim division, simply for how outlandish that sounds. Think we've read the same book Sec, The Black Angels, good book that.

bosnian-muslims-13th-mountain-SS-division-khanjar.jpg

They used to get abused by their German instructors and snapped once, going on the rampage in the camp and killing them all - quality.

Really is hard to get your head around the thought of British SS troops though. "Three lions on the neck..."

BFCSBG1.jpg

I'm also going to get this book Kommando: German Special Forces Of World War 2: German Special Forces of World War Two CASSELL MILITARY PAPERBACKS: Amazon.co.uk: James Lucas: Books heard good things about it and you can get it for a penny on Amazon. You read it?

Haven't to be honest, no doubt it'll cover Otto Skorzeny though, an absolute beast of a soldier.

I have a favourite Waffen SS division.

I know Return of the Jedi virtually line by line.

I've posted at length in the past on Star Trek blogs on subjects ranging from 'Starfleet's losses in the Dominion war' to 'the structure of the Romulan government'.

As a kid I preferred space and military technology to anything I was probably supposed to be into at that age. After watching last of the summer wine where compo had his own submarine made out of barrels, at the age of six I sat in my nan's entry and tried to design my own complete with ballast tanks and air supply. I demanded an oxygen tank for my seventh birthday and planned to give it trial runs in a watery bog near Speke Airport.

From about six onwards I collected a stack of military magazines such as Firepower and Airplane, and my eulogies over the Mig-29 and its superior service ceiling would fall on deaf ears in school.

My favourite place in the whole world back then was Liverpool Museum, especially the Planetarium where I'd go with my granddad.

I'm also the greatest person who's ever lived when it comes to SNES-era Mariocart battles, I've actually had people in tears I'm that good at it.

One of the greatest lines on The GF ever.

What. Ever.

You ain't all that and a bag of potato chips.

If you're calling me a bender then you're calling LFD and scottthecannuck benders aswell. Not laughing now are you?

Ahh fuck.

I reckon LFD is asexual, he may in fact just be a brain plugged into 24 hour football channels.

• Upvote 1

I collect toys, love Star Wars, read comics, have a degree in science, follow politics, go birdwatching (and I have a telescope too), play computer games and have almost a full set of Fighting Fantasy gamebooks.

And I can see that I am not even close to being the biggest nerd on this forum. Result.

• Upvote 1

I'm a big Star Trek fan (not a crazy, convention-going, costume-wearing, Klingon-speaking one but still a fan of all the series). I watch a few other sci-fi TV shows too, although nothing recently. Love sci-fi movies.

I work in IT and generally have an interest in computing and technology, which I would describe as some of my hobbies. Love to tinker with my PC and its hardware and I still play PC games (no console games) even though I'm rapidly approaching 32.

Ive read well over 200 fantasy/sci fi books. Almost all of my t-shirts have a film, video game, or comic book character/reference on them. I've been playing RPGs since the late 1980s. I can quote the 'alien languages' in Star Trek, and Star Wars.

I could, basically, continue for ages... but I think the emboldened part is enough

• 9 months later...
I will finish second behind the Meat.

I own 4 replica lightsabers that cost £99 each. Actually Yoda's was cheaper because it was smaller. I own over 900 comics and graphic novels, have a full collection of Green Lantern: Blackest Night figures. A full set of Star Wars Unleashed figures. I own figures of Hicks from Aliens, Bruce Willis from Die Hard, I have Castlevania action figures along with a fill set of Resident Evil 2 and Code Veronica figures. I also own Resident Evil ReMake, 4 and 5 figures. I have a bust of Thrust from the Transfomers '80s cartoon. I paid £200 for a Joker figure from the Dark Knight, I have a Spider-Man statue and a Dark Knight movie poster (framed) in my living room. I also have a vintage Raiders of the Lost Ark poster from 1981. I own over 1000 DVDs and blu-rays which are sorted alphabetically and by medium (e.g.tv/movie etc). I also have Indy statues and more Star Wars kotobukiya statues.

I own a NES, Megadrive, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360. All bar the Megadrive with the original games purchased for them, boxed with the instruction manuals.

I have a replica Rocky title belt and Rocky action figures. I have an Indy replica whip.

Nice showing of your credentials on the MF there.