You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best, or favourite, actress around?

Kevin D

This is tough, there aren't many female leading lights around are there? I quite liked Glenn Close in The Shield, genuinely can't think of many others.

I think that's a problem with the parts available as opposed to the acting ability of the women. Fortunately things have changed for the better since 2013, at least on the TV side of things.

Lena Headey in Game of Thrones has been outstanding since it started in 2011, only Charles Dance has appeared to better her. And I say "appeared" as I'm not convinced it wasn't part of the act such was Cersei's reverence for her father.

Other recent brilliant female parts acted brilliantly; Evan Rachel Wood and Thandie Newton in Westworld, Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman and Laura Dern in Big Little Lies, Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange in Feud: Bette and Joan.

All of them exceptional.

• 2 weeks later...

She's obviously fit and she's also an underused comic talent (as in Demolition Man and Muppets Tonight) but she's not really a great actor, is she?

She is good in gravity. I'm not arsed if she can act though. In 1995 she was fit. I watched some film the other day with her in (can't remember what it's called) where she got her identity stolen. She is so fit in it.