You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

It doesn’t matter who or what is said in the Sue Gray report. It’s clear from all the comments about ‘wait for the report before judging him’ comments  the tories are trotting out,  they know already it’s going to be a whitewash and find that he ‘technically’ didn’t break any rules and he’ll get nothing more than a slap on the wrist. 

Johnson isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

From Billy Wragg, chief irritant within the party...

'In recent days a number of members of parliament have faced pressures and intimidation from members of the government because of their declared or assumed desire for a vote of confidence in the party leadership of the prime minister.

It is of course the duty of the government whip’s office to secure the government’s business in the House of Commons.

However it is not their function to breach the ministerial code in threatening to withdraw investments from members of parliament’s constituencies which are funded from the public purse.

Additionally, reports to me and others of members of staff at No 10 Downing Street, special advisers, government ministers and others encouraging the publication of stories in the press seeking to embarrass those who they suspect of lacking confidence in the prime minister is simply unacceptable.

The intimidation of a member of parliament is a serious matter. Moreover, the reports of which I’m aware would seem to constitute blackmail. As such, it would be my general advice to colleagues report these matters to the Speaker of the House of Commons and the commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, and they’re also welcome to contact me at any time.'

That the nuclear button right there.

No messing about with that statement. May not want to cross any busy roads for a couple of weeks, Billy.

12 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

It doesn’t matter who or what is said in the Sue Gray report. It’s clear from all the comments about ‘wait for the report before judging him’ comments  the tories are trotting out,  they know already it’s going to be a whitewash and find that he ‘technically’ didn’t break any rules and he’ll get nothing more than a slap on the wrist. 

Johnson isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. 

Yep its looking that way isnt it?

I think what people are forgetting aswell are that,its not like this is the only 'discretion 'he is responsible for.

I've lost count of the number of disasters,fuck ups,lies,broken promises he has done in the last 2 years.

He is an absolute walking disaster.

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

Yep its looking that way isnt it?

I think what people are forgetting aswell are that,its not like this is the only 'discretion 'he is responsible for.

I've lost count of the number of disasters,fuck ups,lies,broken promises he has done in the last 2 years.

He is an absolute walking disaster.

Yeah but he's a bit of a laugh isn't he?!!

I read that Jack Monroe twitter feed of her giving examples of how inflation is much much higher than 5.4 percent. You can't speak for everybody, we all have different expenditures but the last 12 months or so my disposable income has taken at least a 20 percent hit, her examples ring true for me. I'm lucky I earn decent enough money, my missus has a good job and we have no kids but ive no idea how others worse off are going to cope. The only people who I know personally who have had a payrise drive for a living, I doubt even their increase has matched what's happening.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I read that Jack Monroe twitter feed of her giving examples of how inflation is much much higher than 5.4 percent. You can't speak for everybody, we all have different expenditures but the last 12 months or so my disposable income has taken at least a 20 percent hit, her examples ring true for me. I'm lucky I earn decent enough money, my missus has a good job and we have no kids but ive no idea how others worse off are going to cope. The only people who I know personally who have had a payrise drive for a living, I doubt even their increase has matched what's happening.

And it's shocking, although not surprising, how much more it affects those less able to afford it.  One of the examples was the price increase on a packet of the cheapest rice in the last 12 months, and if the same percentage increase happened on a £10 fancy dine for two thing, the fancy £10 dine for two thing would now cost over £30. But it doesn't, it's still £10.

On 19/01/2022 at 16:20, Colonel Bumcunt said:

We BEAT Covid...if you ignore the couple hundred deaths per day. 

Shameless puddle of shite. I expect a few more surprise treats for us this week as he goes on a charm offensive to dampen down the flames. 

Ha ha, they're giving out £500 today for energy bills. What a time to be alive. 

I hear the crisis in the Ukraine may get an unexpected emergency parliamentary debate at roughly the same time the Sue Gray report comes out. Boris gets to appear Churchillian, backbencher say Labour need to see the bigger picture, this is no time for petty party squabbles over irrelevant house parties from last year during a national crisis etc etc. Boris could be saved by Putin’s attempts to distract his own people with a small pointless war. 

6 minutes ago, Mudface said:

About the same as for anything else- ignorance is no defence.

Yep it seems to be for the cretin who is running the country. 

Diane Abbott once got her sums wrong and Is forever tainted.

This cunt cant even remember the rules he made and is still protected in some quarters.