You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nuri Sahin

WhiskeyJar

To be fair if we played Johnson on the right wing for as much time as Downing last season I bet any money that he would have scored and assited more than Downing. He can run at people cross the ball and has the fitness and pace to play on the right side of midfield.

Every fucking manager is obssessed with playing left footers on the right. Why? That great old argument of he can turn inside and shoot. Well that worked out very well last season. What should we do this season? Same again. How did that work out in the first game of the season. Oh yeah good one.

Bale wasn't an average full back. He was a good youth player who had some injuries but you can absolutely fucking guarantee if we would have signed him he'd still be playing there now and anyone suggesting to play him in midfield would be met with responses like the previous. What is the harm in trying Johnson there, especially when we have got Kelly and our right hand side isn't exactly swamped with world class players?

Last season i agreed it was a good time to try Johnson at right midfield. Was somewhat pissed off that we didn't. Now however i don't think it makes sense at all. Rodgers uses attacking wing backs, those are the ones that primarily will provide the width, Johnson is basically made for that role. Personally i don't think Kelly's future is at right back. He's not good enough on the ball i don't think.

Where does Johnson fit in your line-up?

Given we play 433 (or 4231), where does he play?

Sorry I did mean in a 442, although the 4231 of old was definitely a 451 in how negative the wide men were and I think for that reason Johnson could have worked as the wide rigtht man of the 3. In Rodgers' middle 3 I don't think he would fit and possibly the front 3 is having him far too forward but even there I think he would do a better job than Downing.

Downing is one of those players that from first seeing him as a young player for Boro I thought he is fucking bang average and I hope we don't ever go in for him. He's not skilful enough, aggressive enough or clever enough to play for a top side. Adam Johnson then appeared and I thought to myself he is a better version of Downing and I hope his growth isn't stunted from being played on the right for Boro because Downing was their recognise left winger.

Some years later we are on the verge of signing Downing and I remember thinking what the fuck are we doing. £20m is a fucking joke for him especially considering City have signed Johnson for £8m or something thereabouts. I thought fuck it I am probably wrong and he had a good season for Villa. By and large I got behind him last year, not anymore though. He hasn't been good enough and he's had enough time to bed in. Every performance he puts in like Saturday he' deserves to be fucking slaughtered because he's offering nothing.

I love Kenny and I wanted him to have another year but fuck me he wasted absurd money on absolutely average players.

This Sahin saga has turned some what strange now.

From being reported yesterday a deal is done with Arsenal and Sahin has not been training with the Madrid squad.

Today at Madrids training guess who was training with them again yup Sahin.

Obviously no deal done with any club yet and he's back in the squad.

sahinning??

The Sahin saga still hasn't been put to rest, although a resolution appears to be around the corner. In the end the Turk's final destination seems to be Liverpool, where his agent, Reza Fazeli, travelled to meet the Anfield club's hierarchy and iron out the details of the deal.

On Monday Sahin's representative went to the Bernabéu firm in his conviction to take the Turk to Arsenal. Wenger had persuaded the player to move to the Emirates, but Madrid changed the course of events when it told the playmaker that the Gunners were unwilling to accept a loan deal and were pushing for a permanent transfer. Neither Madrid nor Sahin himself were happy with this arrangement.

Liverpool, which was the first club on the scene, has once again emerged as the most suitable option, as the player knows that Brendan Rodgers will guarantee him a place in the starting line-up. Sahin approved a switch to Anfield on Tuesday, leading his representative to undertake his whirlwind trip to complete the deal.

Liverpool wants to make the move official on Thursday, provided it can tie up any loose ends with the player. Sahin could be joined in the Premier League by Ricardo Carvalho. According to reports from the BBC, the Portuguese centre-back is set to spend a season on loan at Queens Park Rangers.

Sahin is Anfield-bound - MARCA.com (English version)

Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho says he is willing to loan 23-year-old Turkish midfielder Nuri Sahin to an English club, but he "couldn't care less if he goes to Arsenal or Liverpool or Tottenham. I have no preference." BBC.

So we are still in with a chance,and all that Mourinho only wants him to go to Liverpool was a load of shite.

Guest ShoePiss
Is there any way we can blame Rafa for all this?

If Rafa hadn't wasted all that money on shit we wouldn't have to mess around with loan signings.

but Madrid changed the course of events when it told the playmaker that the Gunners were unwilling to accept a loan deal and were pushing for a permanent transfer. Neither Madrid nor Sahin himself were happy with this arrangement.

So if Arsenal now agree to a loan deal only then it swings back in their favour?

God knows.

He wasn't being serious.

Hard to tell on t'internet. The original question was in jest. But after seeing ShoePiss' reply, it wouldn't surprise me if some of our mongs actually think that way.

Anyways....so Sahin is/isn't signing?!