You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nuri Sahin

WhiskeyJar

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Because I am quite a shallow and childish person, I am rather amused at the fact that Arsenal where being rather smug, and now it seems he doesnt' actually want to sign for Arsenal he just wants to go there on loan!

If we manage to sign him, it'll be the transfer equivalent of the time Adebayor scored at Anfield in the CL - the goal he assumed would take them through - for us only to go and score a couple more goals.

However, if Robbie's right, and he probably is, then it's the transfer equivalent of 89.

If we manage to sign him' date=' it'll be the transfer equivalent of the time Adebayor scored at Anfield in the CL - the goal he assumed would take them through - for us only to go and score a couple more goals.[/quote']

God I miss those nights.

That was such a good game.

One of the reasons people want him is because it'd allow Gerrard to be pushed up alongside Borini and Suarez, instead of stuck back as part of a midfield three.

Another way of looking at him is that he's the dagger that'd be plunged into the heart of Stewart Downing.

and because of this, I am all in.

If we manage to sign him, it'll be the transfer equivalent of the time Adebayor scored at Anfield in the CL - the goal he assumed would take them through - for us only to go and score a couple more goals.

However, if Robbie's right, and he probably is, then it's the transfer equivalent of 89.

The stage we're at now is kick off after the 4th goal. Probably not going through but still faint hope.

Its just a ride, buck up:

[YOUTUBE]fZkhR8suCF4[/YOUTUBE]

I'm seriously tempted to pay for a season ticket just so that I can rep you for using the legend that is Bill!

On Sahin, there may be some truth in this as a quick search on Twitter has a lot of tweets from Arsenal fans stating that Arsene doesn't think he can play DM!

And as with us, the fact that a simple loan is taking so long does suggest there are problems.

I've seen many a transfer saga with this club, but I think this one is probably the most tedious. Two weeks of conflicting press bollocks and absolutely no movement. ITKs saying he's joined us, newspapers saying he's on the verge of signing for Arsenal. It's shit.

Hmmm, interesting. Provided we did indeed sign Sahin how do you reckon we'd set-up given he'd be expected to start?

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Allen Lucas Sahin

Gerrard Borini Suarez

---------------

I'd be happy with that in the short-term at least.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us try Gerrard in the center of the front three in emulation of Spain's "false 9" at the euro's. I remember seeing it being said that Rodgers likes the idea of a "false 9" but as it was in a newspaper and not official who knows if he really does.

I'm not as confident of Gerrard wide right as I was a few seasons ago so I wouldn't mind seeing us try it but who knows if it would work. Certainly would take the shackles off the man though.

9 minutes ago...

Real Madrid, Nuri Sahin

LIVERPOOL FC have a glimmer of hope in the race to sign Nuri Sahin after his proposed move to Arsenal hit a snag.

The Reds believed they had lost out to the Gunners in their bid to secure the services of the Real Madrid midfielder on a season-long loan.

Sahin's desire for Champions League football had left boss Brendan Rodgers looking at other options in the transfer market.

However, the 23-year-old Turkish international's switch to the Emirates has yet to be completed because the Gunners want the deal to include the opportunity to make the transfer permanent.

Madrid aren't willing to sanction that and as a result Sahin's future remains uncertain.

Liverpool have distanced themselves from reports in Spain today suggesting Sahin has turned his back on Arsenal and is on his way to Anfield.

Club officials insist no agreement is in place but hopes have been rekindled slightly by Arsenal's failure to so far complete the deal.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/08/23/liverpool-fc-have-nuri-sahin-deal-hope-after-arsenal-snag-but-no-agreement-yet-100252-31682051/#ixzz24MakzlLL