You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nuri Sahin

WhiskeyJar

Looks like we'll miss out, was always a long shot without CL football. All the more incentive to get back into the CL so we can start signing players of this calibre again. At least Lucas is back, and with Allen and Gerrard also in there I think we'll be okay as far as central midfield goes. But additional quality players would also have been nice.

See my second post :p

What he said is exactly what I thought I posted that...

but fair enough Reacher man, all in good fun and I don't really much care for twitter anyway. Don't have one, don't want one, don't need one.

@manwiththestick - In regards to Sahin, I say we bring him in if possible and I think he'd improve our midfield drastically. As far as him improving Barcelona who the fuck cares? We aren't even on Barcelona's horizon right now, if he can improve us and help us make the CL then we can worry about signing players that would improve Barcelona.

It's like this, without a massive injection of cash a la Abramovic or the Arabs at city, we won't be attracting players that would definitely improve Barcelona until we get to the CL. Now we already know we don't have that cash, so the next idea is to target players that have shown the quality to improve us whilst having the potential to develop into a player that can definitely improve one of the best sides in the world but maybe aren't getting chances are their current club do to a plethora of talent in their position (as is the case with Sahin, injury also playing a role) or have stagnated a bit and might do well with a change of scenery/in a different league. Of course we should try for whatever player we can afford but as has played out recently it seems to be the case where players either want loads of cash, the CL, or both. We can't offer either right now, so if we can get a quality player that might help us to be able to offer one (even if he personally only stays for a season) then we need to be in for him. I'm also of the opinion that if he came here, it worked out for him on the field and we made the CL him leaving for good isn't certain. Same with any other player of similar quality we might attract on loan.

Edited by Saintslfc13

What he said is exactly what I thought I posted that...

but fair enough Reacher man, all in good fun and I don't really much care for twitter anyway. Don't have one, don't want one, don't need one.

@manwiththestick - In regards to Sahin, I say we bring him in if possible and I think he'd improve our midfield drastically. As far as him improving Barcelona who the fuck cares? We aren't even on Barcelona's horizon right now, if he can improve us and help us make the CL then we can worry about signing players that would improve Barcelona.

It's like this, without a massive injection of cash a la Abramovic or the Arabs at city, we won't be attracting players that would definitely improve Barcelona until we get to the CL. Now we already know we don't have that cash, so the next idea is to target players that have shown the quality to improve us whilst having the potential to develop into a player that can definitely improve one of the best sides in the world but maybe aren't getting chances are their current club do to a plethora of talent in their position (as is the case with Sahin, injury also playing a role) or have stagnated a bit and might do well with a change of scenery/in a different league. Of course we should try for whatever player we can afford but as has played out recently it seems to be the case where players either want loads of cash, the CL, or both. We can't offer either right now, so if we can get a quality player that might help us to be able to offer one (even if he personally only stays for a season) then we need to be in for him. I'm also of the opinion that if he came here, it worked out for him on the field and we made the CL him leaving for good isn't certain. Same with any other player of similar quality we might attract on loan.

I was on about Song.

I am really starting to get worried that we have missed out the longer this goes on.

-----

Liverpool in pole position to land Sahin

Mike Whalley

August 16, 2012« Black Cats snap up Saha | Soldado: I've snubbed Spurs »

Nuri Sahin is available on a season-long loan

Sahin, 23, is available on a season's loan after struggling to establish himself at the Bernabeu. He has made only 10 appearances for the Spanish champions since arriving from Borussia Dortmund a year ago, and has been told he can move elsewhere in search of first-team football.

The Turkey international has been encouraged to move to Merseyside by his Real team-mate Xabi Alonso, who spent five years at Liverpool.

Arsenal also want the Germany-born midfielder, but it is understood that Liverpool are prepared to pay a larger proportion of his wages.

In addition, Jose Mourinho is reluctant to let Sahin go to another club in this season's Champions League, and so would rather Sahin went to Anfield.

Rodgers is also hopeful of completing a loan move for Barcelona winger Christian Tello, 21, with Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre flying to Spain to finalise negotiations.

Tello impressed at Camp Nou under Pep Guardiola last season, scoring seven times in 22 games. But Guardiola left at the end of the campaign, and his replacement Tito Vilanova has told Tello that his first-team chances will be limited this season.

Liverpool in pole position to land Nuri Sahin ahead of Arsenal | Football News | ESPN.co.uk

NuriFuckingSahin is joining the arseholes whose primary role in the league is now that of a conveyor belt of young football talent to scum teams like United. Unfortunately it seems pretty much we have lost him to Wenger. So let's give up on him and look elesewhere, specially on the striker front where we're really pathtic, like we were today against the albion.

I never said it was fact, it's my opinion that's all. He's decent to average nothing more. Would he improve a Barcelona starting 11? In my mind, no he wouldn't.

He WILL improve their squad, call me a pessimist but I just can't see them getting to play their starting 11 in every game. Anyway, my or your opinion doesn't really matter, their opinion does and they think he would improve them, in fact they bet 15million on it.