You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Don't buy the Sun...

Dicko

The Sun was in the vanguard of those who defamed us, but they were not alone. It turns out that their source was reliable, what he said wasn't.

More generally the Sun appeals to a reactionary readership which isn't popular in the NW, nor is their pro Tory pro UKIP politics.

As others have pointed out, Murdoch doesn't really care whether he takes 40p from you for copy of the Sun, £800 for your Sky subscription, or extra advertising revenue for Talk Sport as a result of you listening to his radio station.

I don't buy it, but I step away from a zealot like haranguing of all those associated with it now, a quarter of a century later

• Upvote 3

Ditto

Some context: your contributions to the rememberance thread -

Liverpool fans forced their way in

Wanting Duckenfield n co brought to book classed as a 'witch hunt'

Opening Gate C was not unusual

You're not a snide, you're a fucking lunatic.

• Upvote 1

understand all about the s-n, never read it before 15/4 anyway, but would love to get a copy of the daily express for either the monday or tuesday after, their editorial , on page 2 or 3 was almost as bad as the s-ns.. if anyone can get it, have a look ... never read that rag either since... 

understand all about the s-n, never read it before 15/4 anyway, but would love to get a copy of the daily express for either the monday or tuesday after, their editorial , on page 2 or 3 was almost as bad as the s-ns.. if anyone can get it, have a look ... never read that rag either since... 

If I remember correctly The Daily Star was just as bad but they apologised whereas The S*n refused, at the time.

I have a confession to make, I've "recently" had a copy of The S*n in my house and it didn't go straight in the bin. It was that day they were posting free copies (I don't live in Liverpool) and I didn't realise it was happening until the day so they posted one while I was out at work. Of course when I got home one was on my doormat and naturally I was quite enraged, but I soon found a use for it. This happened on a day during which my dog was going through a short period of illness, let's just say he had an incredibly upset stomach for a number of days, so I had to put paper down on the floor for him. My ace little dog did me proud and shat on every centimetre of every page of that fucking rag, and of course though I felt sorry for him, it gave me a certain sense of satisfaction.

• Downvote 1

You're not a snide, you're a fucking lunatic.

I assume you work for the SYP- as you made those quotes up.

I never said that we forced our way in.

I never said "Wanting Duckenfield n co brought to book classed as a 'witch hunt'

I never said Opening Gate C was not unusual

I did say "By the standards of the day opening a gate outside to relieve crowd pressure was not unusual, the results were"

You are an embarrassment to yourself, LFC, and the survivors, of whom I am one.

You owe us all an apology- but I suspect you will do what SYP did, won't you?

Reported.

• Upvote 1

I assume you work for the SYP- as you made those quotes up.

I never said that we forced our way in.

I never said "Wanting Duckenfield n co brought to book classed as a 'witch hunt'

I never said Opening Gate C was not unusual

I did say "By the standards of the day opening a gate outside to relieve crowd pressure was not unusual, the results were"

You are an embarrassment to yourself, LFC, and the survivors, of whom I am one.

You owe us all an apology- but I suspect you will do what SYP did, won't you?

Reported.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/topic/105552-25-years-ago-today/?p=3749424

What you posted is contained in the topic linked above. I wasn't the only person to take issue with what you were saying. In a thread I started on the anniversary this is what you chose to share

By the standards of the day opening a gate outside to relieve crowd pressure was not unusual

Now, putting your rank insensitivity aside for a moment, given the context of what was happening on the day; what the fuck are you talking about? Plus, was there any need to post that in a rememberance thread? No, of course there wasn't and you know that full well. This is how you typically like to post, you like to fish for responses.

But in the same way that “blame” associated with the gate opening is probably harsh

I don't believe for a second that that you fail to see not only the inaccuracy but also the insensitivity of posting stuff like this.

On what was happening outside the ground

But the build up itself was not extraordinary.

Given the huge amount of testimony from the club, the fans and the police saying the exact opposite eg. the decision to give LFC the Leppings Lane knowing the geography and how roadworks caused delays; again it needs to be asked what the fuck are you talking about?

There is little appetite for a witch-hunt.

Who is suggesting a witch-hunt and who is it being hunted?

Furthermore, to the less experienced, it may have been assumed that fans would not force their way onto an obviously already full and overcrowded terrace, but some did, others went to the side pens.

Again, this was posted in a thread remembering the 96. Again, taking into account your general style of posting what are people supposed to glean from the language you've used here? What's the intent? Call me cynical but I don't think you're being clumsy. As seen in the thread you were asked by others to refrain from posting any further but that didn't deter you.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/topic/105552-25-years-ago-today/?p=3749851

There is no doubt that opening a gate was a legitimate response

The Police certainly have a case to answer, but that is after, not before the event. Many people would have done things differently in hindsight.

The memory of the 96 demands the truth, not a version of it.

You're well beyond snide, you're a lunatic. Comparing my response to the actions of the South Yorshire Police. Almost as if you're trying to trivialise their actions, isn't it. You're on the slippery slope. I implore you to keep going.

I don't buy it, but I step away from a zealot like haranguing of all those associated with it now, a quarter of a century later

There's an undercurrent here, creating a strawman in order to criticise Liverpool fans.

It's the complete disregard you have for others that gives the game away.