You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Slather your feet in Vicks and put some socks on overnight. It always stops me coughing overnight. I can’t tell you the how or why other than to say it works for annoying coughs. I’m not going to say it’ll solve laryngitis or miners lung though, but give it a go...

Hmmm....

Runs off to see if there is and Vicks to slather on my big toe

Can't you get yourself directly off to a+e Shep? Bypass waiting to see a GP? You're suffering a long time with that cough mate

And you’re clearly miserable with it the amount you’ve posted on here. Time to do something mister. So if you’re quite sure next Friday is the earliest you can see a GP go and speak to a pharmacist and ask them whether you should be going to A&E and/or what you should be doing about it

Not putting you off A&E but they are snowed under this time of year and often turn people away.

I find you sometime habe to be a cunt when dealing Drs receptionists as many feel it their job to stop you seeing the foctor. Best demanding a emergency clinic appointment or a end of surgery appointment

Guest Pistonbroke

Not about to trouble A&E with a cough!

True, but they can lead to serious problems depending on your general health/age mate.

Probably telling you to suck eggs here Shep, but the cough sounds like it is causing most of your problems at a nighttime. This is because when you lay down the airways are restricted depending on what position you lay in. Try packing a shit load of cushions behind you and adjusting the bed (if possible) so you can try to sleep in a sitting position. Also buy some of those plasters to widen the nostrils, makes sure your airways through the nose are clear and you are not dependant on also breathing through the mouth. Finally, if you are having a dry throat at night, chew some fresh mint or parsley an hour before going to bed. 

Hope you get it sorted mate. 

Not about to trouble A&E with a cough!

Why not ? You've been troubling us for long enough!

Could well be the precursor to worse problems and things are mostly easier to fix early on than if left to develop in chronic problems. As Clarence said, be a cunt, there must be some wriggle room for urgent cases.

And when you do get fixed up, you might want to shop around for a new GP. I'd heard the NHS was bad these days but that's fucking ridiculous.

Why not ? You've been troubling us for long enough!

Could well be the precursor to worse problems and things are mostly easier to fix early on than if left to develop in chronic problems. As Clarence said, be a cunt, there must be some wriggle room for urgent cases.

And when you do get fixed up, you might want to shop around for a new GP. I'd heard the NHS was bad these days but that's fucking ridiculous.

My GP is a great bloke, but yeh I'll get back into the surgery for an earlier appointment.

Despite feeling a fair bit better I haven't managed a single moments sleep. On either side or propped up with pillows has made no difference. Even strained a muscle in my back from all the coughing, just under the shoulder blade, and it hurts like fuck. Agony when I cough.

Had an early one tonight (about 10:30). mainly cos I was so fucking knackered after 3 weeks of virtually no kip whatsoever, but yeh, chuffed cos I must've gone to sleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Just got up to take a pain killer for my back (pulled muscle thru coughing), and to fuck about on my computer for a bit. Optimistic the worst is behind me.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Currently on week 4 of hoping I pass this kidney stone out. If I don't pass it by next week, it's a CT scan to find out where it is and onwards to shoving something up me willy and blasting it with sound to break it up. The thought of someone shoving something through there is starting to get me a bit nervy.

Come on mother nature, do your stuff!

Currently on week 4 of hoping I pass this kidney stone out. If I don't pass it by next week, it's a CT scan to find out where it is and onwards to shoving something up me willy and blasting it with sound to break it up. The thought of someone shoving something through there is starting to get me a bit nervy.

Come on mother nature, do your stuff!

Just ask to get put to sleep while they do it. You won't feel a thing.

Cannot shake this virus at all. Barely slept last night, throwing up everytime I have some water. Dragged myself into work this morning and just had a sandwich that's already come right back up. Sat here in work in my coat because I'm freezing yet I'm still sweating. This best get to fuck by Sunday. Shithouse Aids ain't all its cracked up to be.

Cannot shake this virus at all. Barely slept last night, throwing up everytime I have some water. Dragged myself into work this morning and just had a sandwich that's already come right back up. Sat here in work in my coat because I'm freezing yet I'm still sweating. This best get to fuck by Sunday. Shithouse Aids ain't all its cracked up to be.

What the fuck are you doing at work in that state?

Those mancs are a shower of fascists.

Been bad with it since Sunday night.

Felt it coming on all weekend and just been turbo fucked by Jimmy Savile's ghost all day every day since, no chance of going outdoors.

Sweating and shivering constantly, bedsheets like a swimming pool every morning, temperature through the roof, coughing incessantly, ever tightening pressure band round my head and feel like I'm on hallucinogens popular in the rain forest.

So at least there's that silver lining.