You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Went out last night and woke up at 5am for a piss. Thought I had a throat full of phlegm and tried to cough it up only it wouldn't budge but could feel it sat there. Managed to locate it when I coughed but it wouldn't budge at all trying to push it out. Turns out it was my uvula (the dangly bit at the back of your throat some think is yiur tonsils) which had inflamed to about three times it's usual size and was resting on my tongue and I was trying to cough it out. I obviously then decided I was going to suffocate myself if I didn't get it checked out so wandered to the walk in when it opened. Triage took a look at it and the nurse said she's seen bigger dangly things before and I replied it's not the first time I've heard that, it was all very Carry On and we left it there with treatment of ice cubes, ibuprofen and cold drinks and to go back if it doesn't clear up within a couple of days.

It's not and I'm resigned to losing my life tonight as I sleep.

Don't know if I posted in this thread but the exact same thing happened to me, the good news is once it happens once you're a lot more prone to it happening again, so it's happened again to me about 3 times since, sleeping with your mouth open after being on the sauce does it. Awful business when you haven't got a clue what's going on.

• Upvote 1

Got diagnosed with a fatty liver after the usual blood tests when you hit 40. Apparently 20% of the population has it without any symptoms. Not me. Currently suffering with varying energy/fatigue levels as well as feeling nauseous. Wank and been advised by the doctor to lose 5kg.

Anyone ever have a trapped nerve in their neck?  Or anywhere really.   I originally thought my shoulder was  banjaxed until I went for a sports massage and found out the hard way!  it's spreading all through that upper side of my body on one side.  Isn't dreadfully painful more a dull ache with the odd sharp pain if I turn wrong or whatnot.  Constant pins and needles in my hand and fingers is probably the worst bit tbh.

I'm reading about it and apparently Ibrufen, stretches and rest required.   The last one simply can't happen for me.   I've got the missus on my case about sicklines but she doesn't seem to grasp the fact, I'm disposable and earn good money based on the fact that I do show up every day, come rain or shine.

So yea, anything else you did other than the obvious to help?

I ignored the nerve in my neck for a year and now it's spread through the entire right side of my body and become a chronic condition. Hope that helps.

Well by the sounds of it, it's already chronic.   May as well just knock it down to geting older, just like my left knee!

Go and see an Osteopath. 

Never heard of this before but it appears there's one in my town.   I was brought up thinking a stiff whiskey cured all ills but a broken bone.   I am already doing the stretches they'll suggest but it can't hurt I suppose, thanks.

• Upvote 1

Never heard of this before but it appears there's one in my town.   I was brought up thinking a stiff whiskey cured all ills but a broken bone.   I am already doing the stretches they'll suggest but it can't hurt I suppose, thanks.

No worries mate.  Used one for years and swear by them, got me out of a few tight spots where I've been in horrendous pain with limited mobility (including this week).  These kind of ailments seem to me to slip between the cracks of what the Health Service can efficiently resolve.

As coincidence would have it, my ex has been unable to walk properly for days due to a trapped nerve in her lower back (caused by a previous prolapsed disk) and was in constant agony yesterday.  She saw a local one last night and received a huge amount of relief straight away. 

He's given her a load of no doubt similar exercises to do at home to prevent the situation developing to the same extent in future, but when it gets that bad it's well worth the funds to see someone with an osteopath's expertise for the instant improvement.

• Upvote 1

No worries mate.  Used one for years and swear by them, got me out of a few tight spots where I've been in horrendous pain with limited mobility (including this week).  These kind of ailments seem to me to slip between the cracks of what the Health Service can efficiently resolve.

As coincidence would have it, my ex has been unable to walk properly for days due to a trapped nerve in her lower back (caused by a previous prolapsed disk) and was in constant agony yesterday.  She saw a local one last night and received a huge amount of relief straight away. 

He's given her a load of no doubt similar exercises to do at home to prevent the situation developing to the same extent in future, but when it gets that bad it's well worth the funds to see someone with an osteopath's expertise for the instant improvement.

Thankfully, I'm not in that much pain, it's more an annoyance.  Still, it's a stressful worry that it could get worse to the point where I wouldn't be able to provide for my family.   Have some holiday's coming up so will check this out then.

Went for a piss at work on Friday and my piss was blood. Never been so freaked out. Rang the quack straight away and saw him later that day. Tested my piss and came back with an infection and traces of blood. It got sent off for further tests.

Zero symptoms just felt a bit bloated and that I needed a shit.

Sunday night had my tea and started feeling really uncomfortable. Stabbing pain in my stomach, gradually got worse till it was fucking unbearable. Smashed shitloads of codiene and felt human again. Same thing happened tonight. Quick google search and I reckon it’s kidney stones. Back to see the quack, hope he gives me some heavy shit!

• 3 weeks later...

After two days of pain, I'm in hospital to have my gall bladder out in the morning.

In the event I don't make it through, I hereby leave all of my rep points to funnneee, or whatever the cunt is called now.

Jeez, you really don’t always know what’s going on for people on here.

Hope it goes ok and all that