You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Skrtel/Pepe

WaltonRed

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think they have

.. pepe's comments the other day seemed like he was looking forward to working with BR but if he does want to go back to spain thats fair enough but £25m please.

Skrtel i think owes this club at least another season.

Yeah, Pepe just popped back from the Spanish Euro 2012 camp to put in a transfer request.

:yes:

And Martin got married last Saturday and went on 14 days honeymoon on monday.....I don´t think he would transfer anything else than his sperm to his wife during this forthnight.

And Martin got married last Saturday and went on 14 days honeymoon on monday.....I don´t think he would transfer anything else than his sperm to his wife during this forthnight.

I love you, youre so weird and creepy with Skrtel.

Yeah, Pepe just popped back from the Spanish Euro 2012 camp to put in a transfer request.

What do they say is the worst thing about tournament football? The boredom. Do any of you think that while there, or on holidays in Martins case, that at no point would they think about their career while sitting on the beach or beside a pool after training or after a walk with the new Mrs? Come on lads. Pepe can make one phone call to his agent that lasts all of 20 seconds where he tells him he wants to leave, so get the transfer request in and sound out the offer from Milan, and whoever else. Martin the same.

The idea that he wouldn’t do anything because he’s at the Euros or on honeymoon is a bit silly.

I’m not saying this is true or anything, but if you think that Pepe being at the Euros and Martin being on honeymoon would prevent them from having any impact on their plans for next season should they want to leave, then you would be wrong. Sure with that idea in mind, then with Pepe going to be going on his holidays immediately after the Euros, we won’t be able to even consider whether he wants to leave or not until a few weeks into pre-season (Pepe, etc, will join pre-season late due to the Euros). Nonsense. Rodgers already knows if they want to stay or not, and work will have begun to either replace them, or prepare for next season with them. Don't forget Sigurdsson is on holiday until the 30th of June, but has been told by his manager to have sorted out a transfer by then.

It reminds of those times when people see a footballer who isn’t playing well appear on some TV show or do a magazine interview, and the fan states “He should be fucking training and not spending his time doing interviews”, as if a football out of form has to train for 16 hours a day……. All a bit silly.

From the Daily Post:

MARTIN SKRTEL would be happy to turn down interest from Manchester City this summer - provided he gets assurances from new Reds boss Brendan Rodgers that Liverpool FC can match his own personal ambitions.

Enter to Win a Trip to Spain

Champions City are preparing to lure the Slovakian defender to the Etihad Stadium.

The Reds have not received an official bid yet for a man voted Player of the Season at Anfield, but Anfield officials are aware of City's interest.

The player's agent Karol Cstonto, however, said: "Some changes have been made at the club and he (Martin Skrtel) wants to know what the aims and ambitions are. And of course, we will discuss the issue of Martin's new contract.

"Liverpool is a big club and just because they haven't made the Champions League this year doesn't mean they would not do it next year.

"There are expectations on both sides, though."

Roberto Mancini is keen to bolster the champions' defensive options - with Stefan Savic struggling when called upon last term and AC Milan target Thiago Silva priced at £35m, a fee prohibitive even for City.

Liverpool would be loathe to lose the 27-year-old, but need an indication from Skrtel that he is prepared to commit himself to the club.

Skrtel has two years remaining on his present Anfield contract and was in no hurry to talk about an extension last season.

But that could change, provided Skrtel gets the assurances from manager Rodgers that he is seeking.

Read More http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/06/22/martin-skrtel-liverpool-fc-need-to-show-their-ambition-matches-mine-99623-31237933/#ixzz1yVSO2cUj

I'd prefer to keep Skrtel but if he goes I'm sure we can get a player of equal quality whilst making a profit. He's not world class, but he is very good.

As for Reina, as I've said for months, I would take any decent offer for him as IMO he is going backwards and his recent form (going back last season and part of previous) was shocking. His weakness on the near post and his Elvis impression on every 1 on 1 was truly shite.