You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who do you want to manage us next.  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage us next.

Biesla,for me bilboa have played some fantastic football this season with a youngish squad and his Chile national side were the same upset the big teams in the copa america and world cup qualifiers for 2010.But if not then Rafa or Villa Boas in that order (only because klopp and Pep have ruled themselves out)

not for me they shouldn't.

As much as all have done for the club Carra's days are numbered a d he couldn't play the highline that AVB has used were he has coached.

I agree that he wouldn't get near AVB's team. However, Carra undoubtedly is a big influence especially with the fans, which is the main reason. If Carra we to be involved in a stand-off with AVB, there is only one winner.

ive gone AVB i think he is a quality manager and given time and abit of money he would build a quality squad that plays quality football

cant see them going for Rafa i think that ship has sailed as FSG want to look forward not back Klopp wants to stay where he is Martinez thanks but no thanks

so think AVB would be a top choice lets not forget what he did for Porto

ive gone AVB i think he is a quality manager and given time and abit of money he would build a quality squad that plays quality football

cant see them going for Rafa i think that ship has sailed as FSG want to look forward not back Klopp wants to stay where he is Martinez thanks but no thanks

so think AVB would be a top choice lets not forget what he did for Porto

It'd be nice to know why things went pear-shaped at chelsea. I'd want to know more than the usual media narrative to be sure we wouldn't have a repeat.

You compare how a proven, experienced manager like Ancelotti hit the ground running there to AVBs escapades and you wonder. Especially given our need for an immediate turnaround and the massive vacuum we've created by firing everyone. There's zero support structure for someone who may need a helping hand. Maybe that will change soon, maybe it won't.

I have a bad feeling its Martinez and it was pretty much sorted the last time the owners were over.

Fella who i worked with saw Martinez in southport having a meal, said he was with a load of suits, didnt think much of it at the time, but this was the same time they were last over.

Reminds me of the time i saw Houllier having dinner with Moores just before taking up the dual manager with Evans.

Might be totally wrong though.

Oh yeah and a totally different mate was at Wigans last home game and Whelan was telling anyone who would listen, it was Roberto's last game and he was off to a big side.

I know it sounds like mate stories, but neither of these mates bullshitters.

Apparently AVB is having talks with us next week. (Guardian)

Apparently we have approached that Rafa blike everyone goes on about.(daily mirror)

And apparently (like we hadnt' heard already) Guardiola and Fabio Capello are top of our hit list. (Guardian again)

All I hope now is that all the supporters get behind the manager 110% like we did with KD, if not he's fucked from the start.

I would have thought that Di Matteo would be a contender now.

PL experience

Lower League experience

Played abroad

CL& FA Cup winning manager

Lifted a failing squad.

Finished higher than us with many more goals

Handled a tricky legal case well

Good with the cameras

Handles older players well

Gets the best out of misfits

I would have thought that Di Matteo would be a contender now.

PL experience

Lower League experience

Played abroad

CL& FA Cup winning manager

Lifted a failing squad.

Finished higher than us with many more goals

Handled a tricky legal case well

Good with the cameras

Handles older players well

Gets the best out of misfits

You also forgot worse record as Chelsea manager than AVB.