You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I want a fucking mega rich Indian to come in. 

Like people have said, the TV money is only gonna continue going up. Throw the Indian market into the mix, give them an extra incentive to follow the reds and there’s still room for that valuation to go even higher. 

the Indian billionaires tend to come with their own issues. A lot tend to have a cult of personality and many have ties to right wing Hindu nationalists like the RSS and Modi. 

I just want someone low profile pretty much like FSG (for the most part) but one that is willing to invest. Not that I think FSG will be going anywhere. 

4 hours ago, Crazy Dave said:

That account definitely gets a lot of information right. Worth following. 

The one to really watch is @KopWorld who the official LFC account follows(!) but rarely posts, and when they do they also seem to be posting information which often gets reported a few days or weeks later by the likes of Joyce, Pearce, Jones etc

This KopWorld posted about the owners looking for a sale on October 30th, 7 days before David Ornstein broke it on the Athletic. They also posted something about Bellingham a few days ago and I noticed the reliable German journo's all posted the same story yesterday. 

Thanks for the info!

He is saying Dubai are back in for us but then some guy, followed by the club and SOS, has just posted up a pic of a Qatar flag and the club logo saying done deal. 

Hopefully this will be all over quickly. I cannot stand weeks or months of this crap. 

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Where are all the Indian billionaires at? I thought this place would be swarming with them by now. 

Come on, give us all your money. 

I've got some rainy day cash that I could throw in. Just short of the billion...by around a billion. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

is that qatar flag ? its all a load of twitter shite

Yes it is. 

Hopefully whatever is in the offing happens sharpish. I don't get why FSG would let this go public if they didn't expect it to get tied up within a matter of days. Whatever Klopp or Lijnders says it is an unwanted distraction and the opposite to how FSG have always worked.

1 minute ago, HBenn said:

Yes it is. 

Hopefully whatever is in the offing happens sharpish. I don't get why FSG would let this go public if they didn't expect it to get tied up within a matter of days. Whatever Klopp or Lijnders says it is an unwanted distraction and the opposite to how FSG have always worked.

It’s going to drag on a lot imo

A Number of interested parties will show interest / due diligence has to be done & unlike what happened at Chelsea they were under a timeline / pressure to get a deal done.

FSG are not & certainly won’t rush a sale.

If we are bought by some soverign state sportswashing investment company then I'm done with the club quite frankly

We don't need an ownership that creates fake sponsorships and creative accounting to succeed.  We just required a bit more invesmtent than FSG seemingly wanted to put into the club.  An extra £20-30m a season in the budget & we'd have been fine to keep refreshing the squad.  Its been left too long though over 3 seasons and now it will take a lot more additional investment to rejuvenate the squad.

Off the pitch the club takes care of itself really.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, El Dangerous said:

FSG could have invested £100m extra a year in this team for their entire tenure and still walked away with billions of profit. Not a bad ten years for them really.

This is the reason they've been shit owners. The sale obviously raises the question of 'be careful what you wish for' but people are on here watching us get valued at $4.5bn and should remember the number of seasons we called quits on because the owners wouldn't spend a measly $50m more. 

If the owners had spent 250m more under Klopp (less than 100m per year), we would have two more titles and another champions league IMO. And they'd still end up making just shy 4bn in profit when we are sold.

22 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

If we are bought by some soverign state sportswashing investment company then I'm done with the club quite frankly

We don't need an ownership that creates fake sponsorships and creative accounting to succeed.  We just required a bit more invesmtent than FSG seemingly wanted to put into the club.  An extra £20-30m a season in the budget & we'd have been fine to keep refreshing the squad.  Its been left too long though over 3 seasons and now it will take a lot more additional investment to rejuvenate the squad.

Off the pitch the club takes care of itself really.

I think covid initially fucked them. Always think the plan was Salah or Mane would go for 150ml plus to refresh the squad. 

I admit I did chuckle at FSG presenting a fucking sales deck to get someone interested in buying us.  I'd burst into the meeting room like Harry Enfield's Yorkshireman character and tell the assembled guests that the greatest club in the universe is for sale, which one of you cunts wants to buy? 

harry-enfield-been-to-leeds.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I think covid initially fucked them. Always think the plan was Salah or Mane would go for 150ml plus to refresh the squad. 

We shouldn't be needing to sell our best players to reinvest in the squad.  Nor does it need an extra £100m a season either. We haven't needed an additional £50m+ signing every year but maybe once every couple of seasons wouldn't have gone amiss.

During Covid Lovren wasn't replaced and with defensive injuries it cost us that season.

Gini hasn't been replaced and while we did exceptional well last season this season we started to lose steam at the end of the season & this season it has really cost us. 

12 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

This is the reason they've been shit owners. The sale obviously raises the question of 'be careful what you wish for' but people are on here watching us get valued at $4.5bn and should remember the number of seasons we called quits on because the owners wouldn't spend a measly $50m more. 

If the owners had spent 250m more under Klopp (less than 100m per year), we would have two more titles and another champions league IMO. And they'd still end up making just shy 4bn in profit when we are sold.

If they sell the club to Qatar they have been shit owners. 

Saying it has to be the right fit for the club and then getting Qatar would be an insult as to what this club stands for. 

Pep has said today the owners want to do what is best for the club and made some very good points about what they have given us. I have my criticisms of them but mostly it is about not doing a bit more and their media spin. However if they were to sell to them it would betray what they really were.