You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

The old toilet drunk has come out, (oh how I wish that were true), in today's press saying that his transfer policy has always been backed by the septics. He said something similar a couple of years ago, that, over more than 20 years, his owners had always backed his transfer policy and made the funds available for him to buy any body he wanted. Believe it happened with the ladyboy when we'd agreed a much cheaper deal for him.

He also said that the only two players he didn't get we're because one was impossible for him to sign because he would never go there for obvious reasons (Gerrard), and the other, (alonso), because he wanted to play for us And benitez. I believe shearer also told him to "do one", back in the day.

Just remembered, that glen hussein also knocked him back for us.

Our current problem is that we are not as attractive a proposition these days. There is too much competition out there. We have to have a cunning plan. We need to be cleverer than mr clever of clever street, in clever town.

Let's hope the uncle sams' have made a cute choice.

He seems to of forgot about trying to sign Torres twice before us.

He even said he didnt sign because he wanted to stay at AM for a bit longer,because he thought he was to young to move yet.

Then he said the next thing he knew was Liverpool had signed him.

There is a video of the interview knocking about somewhere.

According the "Sky Sources", Ryan Babel is on his way back to us for ~£2.5M.

And babel just tweeted "#SkySports"

He was taking the piss out of them on twitter the time 'Sky sources' had him heading to West Ham on deadline day. He's taking the piss here too.

Please tell me he is. PLEASE!

Guest San Don
Skrtel suggested in an interview last week he has received several offers to leave. That is news to Rodgers. Liverpool hope to conclude negotiations on a new deal with the 27 year-old and are bemused by suggestions there has been any breakdown in those conversations. The club expects talks to continue in the coming weeks.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers determined not to lose Martin Skrtel - Telegraph

Just been reading this and I find it a bit worrying that martin refused all interview requests, even from LFC.tv and suggesting he or his agent, has received offers from other club but without LFC's permission, nothing can progress!

I really hope he's not angling for a move. If he does want to move, come out and say it and hand in a request.

But, until something develops, I'll just keep an eye out for any future developments.

Just been reading this and I find it a bit worrying that martin refused all interview requests, even from LFC.tv and suggesting he or his agent, has received offers from other club but without LFC's permission, nothing can progress!

I really hope he's not angling for a move. If he does want to move, come out and say it and hand in a request.

But, until something develops, I'll just keep an eye out for any future developments.

Don't know but now would be a good time to point out Frode has yet to post his

"50 CB's in Europe better than Skrtel" list.

Also no entries yet into Hank Moody's "eNVious eleven" the side made up of 6-8 million pound players who are a couple of seasons from becoming 20mil players.

Ears to the ground.

Just been reading this and I find it a bit worrying that martin refused all interview requests, even from LFC.tv

He did an interview with LFCTV the other day.

Guest San Don
He did an interview with LFCTV the other day.

Yes but he apparently refused interview request after the Toronto game is what they meant.

I bet it's about his agent has been sounding out the market to see what kind of wages he can expect in the contract re-negotiations rather than a desire to leave.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Don't know but now would be a good time to point out Frode has yet to post his

"50 CB's in Europe better than Skrtel" list.

Also no entries yet into Hank Moody's "eNVious eleven" the side made up of 6-8 million pound players who are a couple of seasons from becoming 20mil players.

Ears to the ground.

I've only just spotted you request from 8pm yesterday evening. Maybe give me more than 12 night-time hours before giving me a hard time?

So it seems like scum is getting Lucas Moura. I wish that we could compete for this kind of talents. I think he is going to be a hell of a player for them. :wallbutt:

Manchester United land Lucas Moura agreement with £26million offer - Mirror Online

Pfff, what do we care? We've got a £35m player, so he's obviously better than this no-mark.

That Lucas looks incredible.

Yes he really looks like the real deal. But Anderson looked like a good player to when they bought him from Porto. He was a tricky, fast winger in Porto I remember. When he came to Man Utd he suddenly bacame a central midfielder, often a holding midfeilder. Hope this guy turns out the same. Lucas seems like a class above though, so it's unlikely. He looks more exsplosive and faster than Anderson.

Pfff, what do we care? We've got a £35m player, so he's obviously better than this no-mark.

Hahaha, maybe we could hijack this transfer by offering them our £35m player in a straight swap?? They couldnt afford to refuse that deal.