You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Iran Accuses US and Israel

VladimirIlyich

Bravura display of geopolitical understanding, chaps.

Thsi is exactly my point.

Why the fuck do I need even a modicum of "geopolitical understanding," in my life? I don't. Frankly, neither do you really, do you?

I'm off for a nice curry tonight followed by a few pints. I imagine that will still happen whether or not there are a few less israelis or palestinians in the world by the time I do it.

Yes - it's a sad loss of life and all that. But as harsh as it sounds, why should I care? I mean, really care.

Sorry, but I just don't. Sue me.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Probably not the thread for you then, Tom! It's important. Not to your curry and pint - or my curry and pint, for that matter - but it is important in the way the world currently functions. If what you care about is curry and pints, and we all kinda do care about curry and pints, then it's not really something you should worry to much about.

Another point in all of this about Iran and also about all the funding Israel get from America is, people forget that America had alot to do with how Iran is today.

It was them who helped in replacing there old leader in the 50s(along with Britain andd others) and who got the old Shah put into power there.

Throughout the 70s there was a major problem with human rights and what the Shah was doing in Iran(sounds familiar)and the Iranian people were getting hostile towards the west(America mainly)because of there support for the shah.

It was only in 79 with the revolution in Iran which led to the Shah leaving the country and the return of the nutjob Khomeni which really kickstarted the real hatred shown to the west from in Iran.

That was also when the west(America)lost its influence in Iran and has never got it back.

This is also just one other reason why Iran is blamed for almost all to do with Terrorism,when infact most of the terrorism is caused from Americas best friend the Saudis.

It also shows why America helps Israel in practically everything they need help for,but they were doing this before 79 as well.

You only need to look at 9/11 and the so called list of the people involved i ncarrying out,nearly all of the people on that list were Saudis.

So what happend next you got it America goes into another middle East country in there war on terror and not into Saudi even though there so called list had nearly all the terrorists as saudis.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
If nobody gave a shit about anything more than curry and a few pints, then the world would be a much nicer place to live.

What about when your neighbour pinches your curry and beer?

What about when your neighbour pinches your curry and beer?

Obviously you invade his house and fence him and his family into a small area at the end of the garden. Somewhere behind the potting shed so that he can't throw stones at your windows.

EDIT: just realised that this is my 300th post - if that bastard hadn't robbed me I could have celebrated with a curry and a few beers

Edited by RedRazor
Addition

Thsi is exactly my point.

Why the fuck do I need even a modicum of "geopolitical understanding," in my life? I don't. Frankly, neither do you really, do you?

I'm off for a nice curry tonight followed by a few pints. I imagine that will still happen whether or not there are a few less israelis or palestinians in the world by the time I do it.

Yes - it's a sad loss of life and all that. But as harsh as it sounds, why should I care? I mean, really care.

Why should you engage in vigilante robber-chasing? If I remember it wasn't your gear that got pinched was it?

You should care because it's in your self-interest to live in a world where more people care when something shit is happening to a stranger. Because one day you might be the stranger.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Or' date=' indeed, the next Palestinian elections. They're overdue for another one, aren't they? I think 400 people got killed during the last one.[/quote']

Wouldn't mind a link to that.

Guest ShoePiss
If nobody gave a shit about anything more than curry and a few pints, then the world would be a much nicer place to live.

Thatcher's Britain. Lovely.

You don't have to give a shit about it and no one is asking you to, some people have a little more empathy than you is all.

I do hope your curry is good tonight though.

Most of the violence was after the elections, now I've had a chance to check. Hamas cemented their poll victory by throwing Fatah members from rooftops. Great bunch of lads.

Can you substantiate this please. I'm not doubting there were deaths but throwing people from rooftops just seems too much effort when they have so many guns,bombs and semtex lying around.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Most of the violence was after the elections, now I've had a chance to check. Hamas cemented their poll victory by throwing Fatah members from rooftops. Great bunch of lads.

Cool story, bro.