You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I didn't say we should have gone gun ho.

But I thought we were very cautious, very negative and with the players we had available, it was the wrong approach.

What did we expect Carroll to do on his own upfront?

If you continue to insult I won't respond, I don't think it is necessary.

I see you said we didnt even play well in the first half. What game were you watching ?

Up until the penalty we pissed all over them, 5-0 in efforts on goal and far more possession. We took the lead and started to play on the counter attack, we did so fairly well in the first half.

In the second half we werent interested in attacking, just happy to defend our lead, now we clearly didnt play well there, but we certainly got the job done.

It's baffling how you can be all negative after winning the first leg 1-0 away from home, against the league leaders.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't read the thread since kick off. Hopefully there are no moaning bastards in it. If there are then sort your fucking heads out and enjoy a victory for once.

We clearly looked to grab an early goal and it paid off early. Ok, it's never nice to see your side retreat as there is a risk that you're inviting unnecessary pressure but we had a job to do. We're 1-0 up in the first leg of a semi against the league leaders, an away goal under our belts and a second leg at Anfield in a couple of weeks time. There's no point risking it for the sake of an other goal.

Tonight was a throwback to our glorious European victories. We were solid, we packed defence and midfield and gave them very little space to play were it could hurt us. Barring a few scraps and a few long rage efforts Pepe was largely untroubled tonight. Think Juve and Chelsea away in 2005, the tactics served us so well then and Kenny has carried that forward tonight. You can bet your bottom dollar it will be a totally different show at Anfield in a couple of weeks.

I'm not going to single anyone out for criticism tonight. Anyone who gives Carroll stick needs to recognise that his job was a thankless task after we scored. He had a responsibility to defend from the front and he did that, and his workrate was second to none. MOM was Johnson for me, outstanding as so many of them were.

Onwards and upwards, fucking great nights work. And Mr Manc Twat BetFred will be dispensing 75notes in to my account as we speak.

I'm not going to single anyone out for criticism tonight. Anyone who gives Carroll stick needs to recognise that his job was a thankless task after we scored. He had a responsibility to defend from the front and he did that, and his workrate was second to none. MOM was Johnson for me, outstanding as so many of them were.

Agree about Johnson and I think everyone is happy with the result.

I also agree Carroll had a thankless task in the second half.

But when we were attacking he was still not good, which is worrying. He missed a good chance early on and his touch is very poor.

I don't agree that we can't criticise just because we won. I give praise and criticism what I see, regardless of the results.

It was not a strong City team tonight, they didn't play well and I think we could have won more than 1-0 had we not parked the bus.

Stayed the hell away from this thread during the match, Twitter is a much better place to be than here with you moaning set of cunts.

We won away at the best and most expensively assembled team in the league, played a European away performance in the second half and totally nullified their attacks. We take a 1 goal advantage to our place are we're favourites for the final.

Now shut up fucking moaning and enjoy the moment.

"....but, but, but I didn't like your tactics Kenny..." Fuck the fuck off. We won.

Happy with that. We bossed the game 1st half and deserved at least one goal for our efforts, maybe more. We bossed the second half too to an extent by letting them have the ball. They weren't going to do anything with it... I certainly wasn't worried. No way were they going to put the ball in our net tonight.

I though Glen was superb tonight. Silly tackle at the end mind.

Carroll looks like a sunday league player at times but he needs 90 mins week in week out. If he can sneak in an early goal one game I think his confidence will shoot up, but at the moment he looks like he's carrying the weight of 35 million quids worth of pressure on his shoulders. I think the best tonic for that is a good wrestling match with a couple of hairy arsed Stoke defenders.

Great result and although that second half was painful at times we have just beaten a team that won 28 of the last 31 at home.

Thought Carroll was good tonight, worked his bollocks off in a thankless role. We look a totally different team with Gerrard back.

I can't wait to see Suarez and Carroll upfront and Gerrard playing quality balls into them. I'd sack Downing off far quicker than Carroll. He was shocking tonight and his work ethic is diabolical!

Winning away to Man City with a below average performance? What a load of shite. Bellend.

Yes I think it was our third worst performance of the seaosn, behind Spurs (a) and losing to City 3-0 the other day.

First 20 minutes we played quite well. But after that our passing was poor, we made mistakes which could have got punished and we were luckily Man City were missing Toure, Silva, Kompany as we could have got punished.

Stop throwing out insults, it doesn't justify your point - you just look rude and ignorant.

Yes I think it was our third worst performance of the seaosn, behind Spurs (a) and losing to City 3-0 the other day.

First 20 minutes we played quite well. But after that our passing was poor, we made mistakes which could have got punished and we were luckily Man City were missing Toure, Silva, Kompany as we could have got punished.

Stop throwing out insults, it doesn't justify your point - you just look rude and ignorant.

Negged. Fucking shut up you know-nothing gobshite.

I'm out of words.

Negged. Fucking shut up you know-nothing gobshite.

Why should I?

I have an opinion and can argue why I think I'm right. You just neg and insult when you disagree.

That sort of performance was similar to the ones we put in when we were dominating in the 70's and 80's. Got an early goal and just shut up shop, City may have all the possession but they didn't really look like scoring.

Carroll was completely isolated, and hasn't got the pace to play on the break, but he defended manfully from the front. It wasn't pretty to watch at times, but it was a great away performance in a two legged tie.

My only worry was that Bellamy looked completely shot, probably shouldn't start him at the weekend.

Made up.

Given the limited individuals we have, moaning about how we should play is bollocks. Had Adam ever shown he was capable of winning ball and control game? No -- then how do you expect us to win/retain possession under pressure? Playing with 2 passengers and yet leaving space behind with individuals more than capable of exploiting any opening is not just stupid, it's suicidal.

Yes. Which takes me right back to what i was posting here in the summer re defensive mid quality.

But i got negged to shit for it.

We ve ended up with limited players all working their bollocks off for Kenny, which mitigates some of his mistakes in the market.

Its good enough to consolidate and maybe sneak a cup, but it wont get LFC back to where they could and should be.

Great result and although that second half was painful at times we have just beaten a team that won 28 of the last 31 at home.

Thought Carroll was good tonight, worked his bollocks off in a thankless role. We look a totally different team with Gerrard back.

I can't wait to see Suarez and Carroll upfront and Gerrard playing quality balls into them. I'd sack Downing off far quicker than Carroll. He was shocking tonight and his work ethic is diabolical!

Get youself to bed!.

Guest ShoePiss

The Spurs game? The one where we were down to 10 men after 20 minutes and down to 9 after an hour?

We didn't even play badly last week against City.

We were very negative in the second half but a bit of context wouldn't go amiss!

Get a fucking grip, LFD.

What did you expect before the game? Three? Four? Maybe Skrtel to backheel one in after after he's danced through their entire side and pulled down Joe Hart's pants down in the process?

Gerrard was spot on in the post match interview. You go to places like City and you've got to be able to do the dirty stuff well and we did it very well tonight. An excellent tactical display and one in the eye for those who think Kenny's some kind of tactical dinosaur. That's about as one-sided a 1-0 win as you'll ever see. Every man did his job superbly out there tonight and it can be summed up with the fact that it's a struggle to think of a single clear cut chance City had.

If you're moaning about that, I'd have loved to have heard your take on our display against Barcelona in the Nou Camp back in 2001.

The tie's by no means over, but that's a hell of a shot in the arm for us going into the second leg.

We were very negative in the second half but a bit of context wouldn't go amiss!

That's what I am considering - the context. We usually play well in big games and we started the game well.

City were not strong today and I think we showed them too much respect in the second half.

But we won and I'm confident we won't play that defensive at Anfield or I hope we don't.

I am happy with the result, but I didn't like the approach and didn't think we played that well. Don't see what is wrong with saying that, sign of a good team winning when you don't play your best and we muist now be favourites for the cup.