You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest LFD

Are we going to have a problem with Carragher if Skrtel and Agger keep this form up?

I seem to remember in his autobiography he said he won't be happy staying on the bench at Liverpool towards the end of his carrer - he'd rather playing first team football at another club.

I wonder how long Carragher will accept not playing?!

There is a good chance Agger might get injured, but if he doesn't and they keep this form up - how can Kenny drop Agger of Skrtel?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we going to have a problem with Carragher if Skrtel and Agger keep this form up?

I seem to remember in his autobiography he said he won't be happy staying on the bench at Liverpool towards the end of his carrer - he'd rather playing first team football at another club.

There is a good chance Agger might get injured, but if he doesn't and they keep this form up - how can Kenny drop Agger of Skrtel?

Well first of all, I doubt very much he'll kick up a fuss because hes a model professional and he has too much respect for the king.

Secondly, he just has to deal with it, its reality, you get older you get phased out. If he wants to leave because of that, fair enough thats up to him.

Thirdly, I'm sure he knows Agger's brittle at the best of times so he may be called upon sooner or later.

I don't know what kind of problem you have in mind, but Carra strikes me as very professional and realistic. I can't see him causing trouble. I would hope he'd be happy to finish his career with us, but if he does want a year or two somewhere else then I suspect we would have a plan to replace him. I also don't think he's finished yet, and I don't think we would have a problem with him playing if Agger or Skrtel were out. They are in the team on merit at the moment though.

He can't. Where is the problem? If Carragher leaves in order to find more first team football, who could have a problem with that?

Well first of all, I doubt very much he'll kick up a fuss because hes a model professional and he has too much respect for the king.

Secondly, he just has to deal with it, its reality, you get older you get phased out. If he wants to leave because of that, fair enough thats up to him.

Thirdly, I'm sure he knows Agger's brittle at the best of times so he may be called upon sooner or later.

All true.

I don't know what kind of problem you have in mind, but Carra strikes me as very professional and realistic. I can't see him causing trouble. I would hope he'd be happy to finish his career with us, but if he does want a year or two somewhere else then I suspect we would have a plan to replace him. I also don't think he's finished yet, and I don't think we would have a problem with him playing if Agger or Skrtel were out. They are in the team on merit at the moment though.

I don't think he'll kick up a fuss. But he might want to move in the summer if he doesn't play enough. I agree with you it would be a shame as I always hoped he'd finish his career with us. But I think that is unlikely.

He can't. Where is the problem? If Carragher leaves in order to find more first team football, who could have a problem with that?

Would just be a shame if he did go.

FYI, we have the best defensive record in the league.

10 of the 13 goals we conceded were when he was in the team.

Don't think that is all Carraghers fault.

Guest davelfc

We couldn't have a better manager than Kenny to manage this issue.

While I think Agger is brilliant, he just isn't going to last without picking up some kind of injury. I breathe a sigh of relief after each game he plays that he hasn't taken a knock of any kind because he really makes a huge difference.

Carra knows he will get to step back at some point, we have 2 Carling games and an FA cup game next month and a few games close together now.

I liked that Kenny put him on today without disturbing the back four, who have been excellent. It would have been so easy to take one of them off and at the moment neither of them deserve to lose their place, even to a late sub.

Probably it wasn't but why fix that ain't broken?

who is suggesting anything of the sort? No-one. Agger and Skrtel are playing really well. They're in the team. Why invent problems when they don't exist. If Carragher wants to go and play elsewhere, god knows he's earned the right to do that without anyone carping about it.

The only reason I bring it up is because I'm sure I saw an interview in the past where he said he wouldn't settle being a bit part player and would leave Liverpool if he wasn't getting enough games. Did I imagine this?

If not, I wonder how many games will satisfy Carragher. Also even if Skrtel or Agger get injured, who is to say Carragher gets in ahead of Coates?! He probably will this season, but Coates hasn't come to play second fiddle either.

It is great having competition, but it can cause problems. Ideally you'd have a top first choice and an able back up - like we have with Johnson / Kelly, Enrique / Robinson, Lucas / Spearing etc.

Skrtel, Agger, Carragher and Coates will all want to play.

Guest davelfc
The only reason I bring it up is because I'm sure I saw an interview in the past where he said he wouldn't settle being a bit part player and would leave Liverpool if he wasn't getting enough games. Did I imagine this?

No you didn't, but then I am sure he didn't realise Kenny would be the manager.

If not, I wonder how many games will satisfy Carragher. Also even if Skrtel or Agger get injured, who is to say Carragher gets in ahead of Coates?! He probably will this season, but Coates hasn't come to play second fiddle either.

You didn't imagine it. But you are imagining that there is a problem.

No you didn't, but then I am sure he didn't realise Kenny would be the manager.

Yep might make a difference.

You didn't imagine it. But you are imagining that there is a problem.

I am not saying there is a problem. I am asking whether there might be one where Carragher might decide to leave if he doesn't get enough action this season and is not seen as first choice anymore.

We have lots of games coming up.

Assuming Agger and Skrtel don't get an injury and keep up this good form. Do we use Carragher sometimes in the league? Or do we stick with this winning team?

I'm sure he'll get minutes in the FA Cup and League Cup - but I'm not sure that will satisfy him enough to stay if that continues all season.

He would be really stupid to leave, for a load of different reasons. The fact he wouldn't be able to even get on the bench of any other club the size of Liverpool, he wouldn't be allowed to coach at another club the size of Liverpool straight away if he leaves before the end of his career and no one would pay him half as much as we do currently. Why would he give all that up just for another season or two at a midtable premier league club?

I don't actually see the problem either, if he wants to leave, fine, we'll be getting someone who earns quite a bit a week off the wage bill and could put that towards a striker. If he wants to stay as back up to Agger or Skrtel then that's fine too as we will have an experienced head to help the team and youngsters along (plus fill in when there are injuries or suspensions) and he can work himself up through the coaching ranks and maybe work with the first team in future as a coach or even manager.

Where's the actual problem?

Where's the actual problem?

Problem is probably the wrong word.

It would just be a shame if he left, I'd like him to finish his career with us. I wanted Hyypia to do so as well.