You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Pistonbroke
My question was a bit rhetorical really; clearly they have gone for experience but its a bit 'wing and a prayer' stuff in the face of his recent form when it could be argued there is little to lose and maybe a lot to gain by rewarding Bairstow... but given your 'fucking hell' comment I dont suppose you would disagree with me either

Hahaha, indeed. I guess Bopara gets a nod a lot of the time as they use him as a 6th bowler. Bairstow getting the nod from Gower, Bumble and Atherton..although they understand England going for consistency.

We got rained off again yesterday, that's the 7th game we've lost this season and doesn't count the first game of the season which was re-arranged to next weekend.

I've never known a season like it, the knock-on effect is that people can't be arsed playing. Blokes who have the option to work or play footy aren't choosing cricket as it's likely to be called off. We've got 3 games left and are second in the league, it's likely to be decided by the team with the best weather!

Guest Pistonbroke

England to do with another quick wicket here. SA are 112/1 (Smith out for 53, Amla NO 48 ) off 24 overs. Kieswetter dropped a pretty easy chance off patel and then combined with Anderson to spunk a review when the ball clearly did not pitch in line.

Other news. Durham had lancs 11/5 after lancs chose to bat on winning the toss. Now 28/4 off 16.2 overs. Come on Durham, a win against Lancs and we'll be safe from relegation.

Guest Pistonbroke
SA not hanging around are they? just put this on...now 196-3

Things looking better for Durham there, G

Let lancs back in a bit..79/5 now.

Kieswetter has missed 3 chances now....