You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SpiderLucas

Did anybody notice him kiss the badge after he scored? It doesn’t really mean anything when a player kisses the badge after less than a year I know but he’s only ever kissed the Uruguay badge before, just by his tweets and body language he seems to have taken to the club and fans.

Couldn't hit a barn door. Misses too many chances. Goes down too easy. He's asking for it. I mean who would have this guy?

Come on, Abs. Admit you really would kill for a talent like Suarez in your starting 11, because he'd walk into any team today.

Have I ever questioned his talent? I already said he’s world class player, but he goes down to easily and needs to be careful he doesn’t develop a reputation

Football premier-league: Dalglish attempts to end 'myth' about Suarez's diving | Radio talkSPORT

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has claimed Luis Suarez’s performance against Stoke in the Carling Cup puts an end to accusations that he is a diver.

The 24-year-old Uruguayan striker, a January signing from Ajax, has come in for criticism recently for his perceived gamesmanship, not least for his part in Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell’s red card in the Merseyside derby.

But Dalglish hit back at the accusations, telling talkSPORT that Suarez had ample opportunity to get Jonathan Woodgate sent off during Liverpool’s 2-1 win against the Potters, but chose to stay on his feet.

“He’s a fantastic little footballer,” Dalglish said. “He got himself injured by trying to stay on his feet when he went round Jonathan Woodgate when there was contact just before half-time.

“He’s got a bang on his calf so I think that puts the myth about [suarez] rolling all over the place into perspective.

“He’s hurt himself trying to get a chance, when really, if you’re that way inclined you would go down and get the guy sent off.”

So you guys are saying he never goes down easy? I know he's in your team, but blind loyalty is a scary thing.

No more than anyone else, and less than some 'plucky honest' British players whose indiscretions are swiftly brushed under the carpet with a clearing of the throat and a quick change of subject.

Against Man Utd, Norwich and Stoke he got kicked from pillar to post and got nothing. Celan through his attempt to stay on his feet and get a shot away after Shawcross deliberately tripped him in the box rewarded Stoke with a goal kick. Shawcross' trip was enough to prevent Suarez from scoring. He was punished for not going down in effect. Shwacross was on a yellow and it was a clear penalty so Shawcross and Pulis can consider themselves very fortunate.

This is why all players these days draw the foul and exaggerate the contact because they know if they don't the offence is unlikely to be recognised.

Selective criticism is a disingenious thing

He goes down when he's hacked down as that's the only way some of the cloggers in this league can stop him. In fact this is all a bit rich coming from an Arsenal supporter given the amount of bleating about 'protection' from Wenger over the years.

Abs an Arsenal fan? Makes a lot of sense. Is he American since he obviously has no sense of irony ?

Headline in the Independent for our match report

Inspired Suarez falls to keep Liverpool rising

West Bromwich Albion 0 Liverpool 2: Striker tumbles for disputed penalty before setting up second for Carroll

Absolute bollocks, it was a stonewall penalty. And Suarez actually got straight up to try and retrieve the ball when Thomas knocked him to the ground. But the point is that Ferguson's mud slinging against Luis is definitely sticking now and the press are out to get him big time. If it was any other player who was fouled against for the penalty yesterday it wouldn't even be given a mention, never mind in the fucking headline. Disgraceful.

Major Tom, take note.

This is the way the way the media works. The (biased) journalist finds a mouthpiece for his own views. For example, if he thought Suarez was fouled, he'd go to a Liverpool source for his story. As it is, he wanted to attack Suarez, so went to that brain-dead Austrian who plays for WBA and who was complaining at the award of the penalty.

When you have your man, you ask him (lead him through) questions which will inevitably mean he says what you want him to say. "Do you think he is skilled at going down in the box...?" for example.

You then quote him, filling in any gaps yourself so nobody reading is in any doubt about your position.

The great British public believe one journalist speaks for a thousand people in the know and assume what is being said is true and real.

So it works like an internet forum, but posing as a truthful and credible account as it is published in a national newspaper.

Add in the factor that every journalist has not only an agenda, but personal ambition. That ambition is to progress their career. One way to progress your career is to stay on the right side of those with influence.

And so, Mr Tom, I offer you exhibit A. A knight of the realm, no less, and one who brings his club, his profession and his sport in disrepute virtually every time he puts his hip flask down long enough to spout some more bile.

And here is exhibit B:

Suarez in the spotlight again after diving claim

West Bromwich Albion 0 Liverpool 2

Jon Culley

The Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is once more the centre of attention after his performance on Saturday

Any hope Kenny Dalglish harboured about quelling the diving debate surrounding Luis Suarez seemed doomed after Albion's Paul Scharner offered his thoughts on the Uruguayan's knack of winning penalties.

Television replays suggested Suarez had been the beneficiary of nothing more sinister than some generous refereeing in gaining the ninth-minute spot kick, from which Charlie Adam put Liverpool ahead, but Scharner took a less magnanimous view. The Austrian midfielder said that, when it comes to securing decisions in his favour in opposition penalty areas, Suarez is "one of the best on the planet."

"It was a nice dive for the penalty," Scharner said, after referee Lee Mason, advised by his assistant, decided Jerome Thomas had brought Suarez down in what Albion manager Roy Hodgson claimed was a fair attempt to screen the ball.

Scharner also agreed with Sir Alex Ferguson's comment, made after Manchester United's draw at Liverpool two weeks ago, that Suarez "dives all over the place."

"Yes, he's very good at winning penalties. He's one of the best on the planet, in fact," Scharner said.

"I had a good view of it. If that's a penalty, then you will find 1500 penalties are given in every match. I know it was the assistant – maybe he had a better view than the referee. But everyone in our dressing room felt that [it was a soft decision]."

Scharner's remarks came a week after Suarez was denied a penalty against Norwich by a referee who thought he dived and days after Dalglish, mindful of Ferguson's criticism, tried to defend the striker by highlighting an incident during Liverpool's Carling Cup win at Stoke in midweek, when Suarez suffered an injury, Dalglish said, because he tried to stay on his feet.

Dalglish might be better advised to impress on Suarez – still playing in the shadow of accusations of racial vilification, levelled by United's Patrice Evra – that what might be seen by some audiences as admirably cunning tends to be regarded otherwise by English fans. The penny may drop eventually, as it did, he might recall, for Didier Drogba.

In the meantime, the debate remains a distraction, which is a pity because Liverpool, even with Gerrard still struggling for fitness, are beginning to resemble a force. The England midfielder, who has made only two starts since his six-month lay-off following a groin operation, has an ankle infection due to be assessed today.

In his absence, Adam has grown in authority. He and Lucas Leiva dominated central midfield and Liverpool created enough chances for many more goals had Suarez and Andy Carroll been more efficient. As it was, after Leiva took advantage of Jonas Olsson's poorly taken free-kick, Carroll scored his third goal of the season just before half-time and Liverpool were comfortable.

Suarez in the spotlight again after diving claim - Premier League - Football - The Independent

Again I say, not a conspiracy, and not a co-incidence either (Rooney diving twice against City, Young diving every game etc not mentioned...)

Just the way of the world.

This is fucking awful. Have they even watch the incident? Luis tries to stay up, but naurally falls over when his feet are knocked away from underneath him. But those bloody foreigners should know better than being affected by the laws of gravity of course. He doesn't even put his arm up or make any claim for a penalty, before the linesman start waving his flag.

You can debate if it was a correct decision to give the pen, I thought it was a bit soft myself. But I can't comprehend how it was Luis' fault. Was the same with Rodwell's red, people were blaming Luis for the ref beeing clueless. They are going to blame him for global warming and the euro-crisis soon.

Major Tom, take note.

This is the way the way the media works. The (biased) journalist finds a mouthpiece for his own views. For example, if he thought Suarez was fouled, he'd go to a Liverpool source for his story. As it is, he wanted to attack Suarez, so went to that brain-dead Austrian who plays for WBA and who was complaining at the award of the penalty.

When you have your man, you ask him (lead him through) questions which will inevitably mean he says what you want him to say. "Do you think he is skilled at going down in the box...?" for example.

You then quote him, filling in any gaps yourself so nobody reading is in any doubt about your position.

The great British public believe one journalist speaks for a thousand people in the know and assume what is being said is true and real.

So it works like an internet forum, but posing as a truthful and credible account as it is published in a national newspaper.

Add in the factor that every journalist has not only an agenda, but personal ambition. That ambition is to progress their career. One way to progress your career is to stay on the right side of those with influence.

And so, Mr Tom, I offer you exhibit A. A knight of the realm, no less, and one who brings his club, his profession and his sport in disrepute virtually every time he puts his hip flask down long enough to spout some more bile.

And here is exhibit B:

Suarez in the spotlight again after diving claim

West Bromwich Albion 0 Liverpool 2

Jon Culley

The Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is once more the centre of attention after his performance on Saturday

Any hope Kenny Dalglish harboured about quelling the diving debate surrounding Luis Suarez seemed doomed after Albion's Paul Scharner offered his thoughts on the Uruguayan's knack of winning penalties.

Television replays suggested Suarez had been the beneficiary of nothing more sinister than some generous refereeing in gaining the ninth-minute spot kick, from which Charlie Adam put Liverpool ahead, but Scharner took a less magnanimous view. The Austrian midfielder said that, when it comes to securing decisions in his favour in opposition penalty areas, Suarez is "one of the best on the planet."

"It was a nice dive for the penalty," Scharner said, after referee Lee Mason, advised by his assistant, decided Jerome Thomas had brought Suarez down in what Albion manager Roy Hodgson claimed was a fair attempt to screen the ball.

Scharner also agreed with Sir Alex Ferguson's comment, made after Manchester United's draw at Liverpool two weeks ago, that Suarez "dives all over the place."

"Yes, he's very good at winning penalties. He's one of the best on the planet, in fact," Scharner said.

"I had a good view of it. If that's a penalty, then you will find 1500 penalties are given in every match. I know it was the assistant – maybe he had a better view than the referee. But everyone in our dressing room felt that [it was a soft decision]."

Scharner's remarks came a week after Suarez was denied a penalty against Norwich by a referee who thought he dived and days after Dalglish, mindful of Ferguson's criticism, tried to defend the striker by highlighting an incident during Liverpool's Carling Cup win at Stoke in midweek, when Suarez suffered an injury, Dalglish said, because he tried to stay on his feet.

Dalglish might be better advised to impress on Suarez – still playing in the shadow of accusations of racial vilification, levelled by United's Patrice Evra – that what might be seen by some audiences as admirably cunning tends to be regarded otherwise by English fans. The penny may drop eventually, as it did, he might recall, for Didier Drogba.

In the meantime, the debate remains a distraction, which is a pity because Liverpool, even with Gerrard still struggling for fitness, are beginning to resemble a force. The England midfielder, who has made only two starts since his six-month lay-off following a groin operation, has an ankle infection due to be assessed today.

In his absence, Adam has grown in authority. He and Lucas Leiva dominated central midfield and Liverpool created enough chances for many more goals had Suarez and Andy Carroll been more efficient. As it was, after Leiva took advantage of Jonas Olsson's poorly taken free-kick, Carroll scored his third goal of the season just before half-time and Liverpool were comfortable.

Suarez in the spotlight again after diving claim - Premier League - Football - The Independent

Again I say, not a conspiracy, and not a co-incidence either (Rooney diving twice against City, Young diving every game etc not mentioned...)

Just the way of the world.

Still believe its paranoia personally. We'll see though.

But if it's not paranoia, who actually cares. And if you care that much, don't read the papers!

What happens on the pitch is the only important factor though. If decisions start going against him, maybe I'll become a believer!

Can we knock this "got up and chased after the ball" shit on the head?

He's barely back on his feet before the penalty is awarded and never leaves the area.

Suarez goes to ground too easily and is much too eager to claim free kicks. We're now seeing the inevitable second stage of such tactics where the opposition try and paint his every fall as simulation. It would have happened even without Ferguson opening his wine-dribbling gob.

Paul Scharner is a cock, but it's par for the course nowadays with losers. Pulis said we deserved to win but Carragher should have been sent off, their disallowed goal should have stood and Crouch should have had a pen.

So Liverpool should have been chasing Stoke's 3 goals with a ten man team but we deserved to win?!?

Just the same old psychodrama playing out. Happily Suarez seems oblivious to it all, he's almost revelling in it.

Can we knock this "got up and chased after the ball" shit on the head?

He's barely back on his feet before the penalty is awarded and never leaves the area.

Suarez goes to ground too easily and is much too eager to claim free kicks. We're now seeing the inevitable second stage of such tactics where the opposition try and paint his every fall as simulation. It would have happened even without Ferguson opening his wine-dribbling gob.

Paul Scharner is a cock, but it's par for the course nowadays with losers. Pulis said we deserved to win but Carragher should have been sent off, their disallowed goal should have stood and Crouch should have had a pen.

So Liverpool should have been chasing Stoke's 3 goals with a ten man team but we deserved to win?!?

Just the same old psychodrama playing out. Happily Suarez seems oblivious to it all, he's almost revelling in it.

[YOUTUBE]EK7hS76AMeM[/YOUTUBE]

Look how quickly he got to his feet,he was surprised himself.

I dispute your claim that Suarez is any different than others and going to ground to easily is something which there are many much worse than Suarez at doing.

Suarez also seems to be getting kicked from pillar to post way more often than most simply because he is targetted because if he runs at defenders then 9 times out of ten they are out of the game.

I cannot believe some journo has decided this statement is worth making a story out of. If I was his editor I'd be going "alright Jon, nice article, what have you based it on?". Then I'd read the sentence from WBA stalwart Paul Scharner, and I'd laugh, then I'd ask him to go and write a proper article before I fire him for being a lazy, incompetent bell-end.

It was a dive was it? 1500 of them each game are there? The WBA lads thought it was a 'soft' peno? Not exactly saying it wasn't a peno, but it was a soft peno? Go suck a cock, you ski-sunday bastard. The only way you can get a bit of publicity in your one dimentional professional life is to bad-mouth a world class player. Fuck you, fuck your cock-sucking team of Stoke wannabe's, and fuck that stench of a manager that probably egged you on to publicise your brain-wrong to the rest of the world. Too right he wins penalties against the likes of you, you're a fucking oaf with the turning circle of a planet, and Suarez just glides around you. This is why he got a move to Liverpool and will likely go onto Barca or Madrid, whereas you're 31 and going to bow out soon with Wigan and West Brom as your career highlights.

You're also very good at getting away with handballs and shooting, like you did for your team's solitary goal when you were twatted 9-1 against United when playing for Wigan.

Fucking easy this badmouthing someone from a distance lark. I hope we get WBA in the FA Cup and Suarez wins us 4 penalties, and we only bother scoring 1 of them, which is the winner, in the 95th minute of the game.

Luis Suarez - Victim of Smear

On 15<sup>th</sup> October Liverpool and Manchester United locked horns at Anfield in what Alex Ferguson had billed as ‘the biggest club match in the world’.

No doubt the worldwide television audience for the game ran into many hundreds of millions, justifying the United boss’ assertion.

The game ended in a draw, with the home side wondering just how they had let a victory slip from their grasp. However, it would not be the result of the match, or the effects on the two clubs’ league position that would still be making shockwaves two weeks later.

The immediate aftermatch discussions centred on the only real moment of controversy during the ninety minutes. Did Rio Ferdinand trip Charlie Adam as he bore down on the United goal, leading to the free-kick from which Liverpool opened the scoring? If so, should Ferdinand have seen a second yellow? Or on the other hand, did Adam cheat and dive with no contact?

The final poser was addressed during Ferdinand’s post match Sky interview, in which he confirmed that there was contact. Of course this would not satisfy the United fans. Why let the truth get in the way of a good old bleat?

Ordinarily that short-lived debate would have been a weekend wonder, as there were several more questionable decisions during that week’s Premier League fixtures. As is the norm. Let the fans of both sides have a moan, forget it and move on.

However deep within the corridors beneath Liverpool’s Main Stand a greater storm was brewing. Patrice Evra and his manager had visited the referee’s room to submit accusations of racism against Liverpool’s talisman Luis Suarez.

Evra had suffered a torrid match. He was constantly at the point of Liverpool’s attacks and frankly he coped poorly. In the second half, the two players clashed near the Kop by-line. Suarez tripped Evra, who rolled around in over-exaggerated agony. Of course he was in so much pain that he ensured that he rolled back onto the pitch so that he would interrupt the play. The Frenchman (note- not a racist comment) remonstrated with the referee and his assistant, obviously believing that he had been assaulted by Suarez rather than tripped.

Back to the after match summit in the ref’s room. Evra, backed up by Fergie, claimed that Luis Suarez had aimed racist abuse at him on ‘at least ten occasions’ during the game.

The matter became public, after Evra mentioned it in an interview with French TV station Canal Plus.

PHOTO_15412245_173471_29613653_ap_320X240.jpg

I would also hazard a guess that Manchester United’s staff have had a long hard look at all the television images, to no avail.

Let us note here that Evra did not make any protestation of racist remarks to referee Andre Mariner during the game. Surely the obvious course of action if you were ‘apoplectic with rage’ would be to alert the official, and ask him to keep an eye on things. Mariner did have a long chat with both players around Kop end penalty spot, but Evra chose not to mention any transgression. After the ref’s ‘chat’ Suarez tapped Evra on the back of the head in an apparent gesture of conciliation, only for the Frenchman (note- still not racism) to petulantly dismiss the gesture. Evra (apoplectic with rage) had also chosen to kiss his badge for the benefit of the Liverpool fans in the corner of the stadium whilst aiming kisses at them. Strange behaviour in the circumstances.

By the next morning, no footage had been unearthed. Twenty four hours later, still nothing. In fact, fifteen days on and there is still no incriminating evidence. However, Evra stands by his story and the FA are ‘investigating’. No official enquiry has been ordered, but still the matter rumbles on.

Alongside all this there has been a disturbing and continuing slurring of Suarez’ name and reputation.

In the days after the Liverpool – Manchester United meeting Sir Alex Ferguson chose his words carefully, as usual, when he stated that “it’s difficult for the referee with Suarez diving all over the place”.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

This is Alex Ferguson speaking, lest we forget. A manager who has overseen such blatant exponents of simulation (or diving) as Nani, Christiano Ronaldo and more recently Ashley Young.

In fact Mr Ferguson ( I refuse to recognise his official title) seems to have missed Young’s dive in the very match he used as his example. See http://i53.tinypic.com/wak9so.gif

However , I suspect that Ferguson was not interested in a balanced comparison. He was on a mission to discredit Liverpool’s best player. Ferguson knew that wherever he treads, his pandering legions in the media will follow.

And so it proved.

Without any justification, Luis Suarez overnight became a racist and the worst diver in English football.

The effects of the United chief’s comments can be seen almost daily. Liverpool’s next match after United was another home fixture against Norwich City. The referee Peter Walton enraged the Kop, as well as Suarez as he waved away ten apparent fouls on the Uruguayan. TEN times the Kop cried foul. TEN times the referee refused. Even when Mark Tierney felled Suarez when he was through on goal, the referee decided against a red card, or even a free kick, and merely turned away.

As the final whistle sounded, Luis Suarez left the pitch having not been awarded a single free-kick.

On to Stoke in the Carling Cup, which was to be a triumphant night for little Luis. Two goals, one of which will surely be in the mix for Goal of The Season, saw his team through the tie. Yet it was obvious that Ferguson’s plot was working as intended. The home supporters jeered Suarez.

In the first half of the Stoke tie, the mercurial Uruguayan waltzed past Jonathan Woodgate who had been shown a yellow card just moments earlier. That Woodgate clipped Luis was not in question, but instead of tumbling and winning a penalty and a certain red card for his opponent, the Liverpool striker stuttered but maintained his balance before dragging his shot wide. A chance had gone,and Stoke’s lead stayed intact as did their back four.

Now this sort of honesty would, you would think, earn universal praise. Not on this occasion. Not public enemy Luis Suarez. BBC TV’s commentator for the game, Guy Mowbray acknowledged that there had been a trip but chose to damn Suarez with faint praise.

“He is caught there and manages to keep his feet, which you have to say is most unlike Luis Suarez” he said, following up with “He might wish he hadn’t”

Even after the Uruguayan’s masterpiece goal which brought his team level, Mowbray had a dig. “You get two sides with Luis Suarez. That side is absolutely brilliant.” Another cheap shot.

Late in the match Crouch had legitimate claims for a penalty turned down. Seconds later Huth preposterously threw himself to the turf as the ball flashed around the box. Guess which incident was highlighted by the commentators.

As Liverpool’s players and staff recovered savoured the win at Stoke, still there was no word on the racism allegations which were festering quietly. Elsewhere another case of racism allegations raged, with video evidence, and the Football Association declared an official enquiry.

This forced Kenny Dalglish, who has more dignity and class than any so called knight of the realm, to urge the authorities to conclude the matter one way or another, declaring that the club is “totally and utterly” behind Luis Suarez. He has a point. No new evidence is going to emerge now. If there is sufficient evidence (any evidence) let’s get on with it. If not, let’s move on.

Yesterday, Liverpool had another vital match, this time at West Bromwich Albion. Nine minutes into the game Jerome Thomas clumsily tackled Suarez as he moved away from goal. Replays proved that the linesman was perfectly correct to intervene and alert the referee to the indiscretion. More fuel to the Suarez dive allegations. Hardly.

Look at the incident again. Suarez clashes with Thomas and immediately attempts to get back to his feet and chase the defender, before noticing the linesman flagging furiously. At no stage did Luis claim a penalty.

Later in the half Luis Suarez and Jerome Thomas clashed again, this time with the Albion man being on the receiving end. However it was clearly evident that the collision was caused by the Liverpool man slipping and falling into the West Brom defender. As the two players left the pitch at he interval, Suarez was clearly apologising and explaining, and Thomas seemed happy to accept. Did Luis get any credit form the match commentators for seeking out his opponent and apologising? Not likely.

There was another incident worthy of note. In the second period, Suarez again danced around defenders to the left of the Baggies’ six yard box, before losing the ball. Chris Waddle, co-commentating fro ESPN uttered the immortal phrase “Suarez thought about diving there”. Did he? Please, Chris Waddle, let us all into the secret of mind-reading. What you really mean Mr Waddle is “I would expect a notorious cheating Uruguayan to have gone down there”

Luis Suarez must be getting fed up of this smear campaign: as must the club, and his manager. I know I certainly am. Alex Ferguson knows what he has set in motion. As he sits back and enjoys his whisky tonight he probably looks back on a job well done.

Suarez is a talent. He is a threat to Manchester United, make no mistake. If his stint in England can be made unbearable, he will surely be tempted by offers from pastures new.

Today’s Sunday Mirror carried a story quoting Ferguson and his incredulity that racism is creeping back into the game. Did the paper accompany the article with a photo of the other player (captain of England) who is actively under an FA enquiry? No, of course they did not. They used a full page photo of Suarez aiming comments at Evra. When confronted, the Mirror justified this decision by saying that in the article Fergie talks about that incident, so it was right to use that picture. For the record, nowhere in the respective article does Ferguson mention Luis Suarez by name.

May I also remind Ferguson and the FA, of the remarks credited to the Manchester United boss on 22 October ... "The FA interviewed Patrice yesterday and have sent us a directive today saying not to discuss it while the investigation is going on," continuing with "I have got plenty to say on the subject, but I suppose I will have to adhere to what they are saying. I would like to say something about Pat in this particular instance, but let them get on with their investigation."

In Ferguson’s world, he interprets supplying the Sunday Mirror with a double page interview as complying with the FA’s directive.

Ferguson is a law unto himself. This has been proved over many years. He is a clever man. He does not let things slip out, carelessly. His attack on Luis Suarez on two fronts is calculated to damage both Suarez and his employers. He appears to have managed to get some referees and media folk on board already.

PHOTO_15412337_173471_29613653_ap_320X240.jpg

I expect Liverpool Football Club to launch a counter offensive in support of their player. They must take the Sunday Mirror to task. The manager and his team-mates will surely use every opportunity to get behind the new darling of the Kop. Ferguson and his cronies may think they have devised a master plan which will ultimately force Luis Suarez to become so disenchanted that he will decide that he would be better off elsewhere.

Sorry chaps. Liverpool FC and it’s army of fans like nothing better than looking after our own. Luis is our hero. He is loved by us. Whatever tripe you throw at him, will strengthen the bond between LFC and Luis Suarez.

Luis Suarez will never walk alone.

Things like aren't helping.......

Ac_ywgFCQAAv5B8.jpg

Sir Alex: Racism claims a surprise in 2011

Sir+Alex+Ferguson-Manchester+United+cropped

Sir Alex Ferguson admits the disturbing re-emergence of racism in football has marred

his 25th anniversary as boss of Manchester United.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson shocked by racism claims as he celebrates 25 years in charge at Old Trafford - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

I do find it interest how they change what is shown on the internet, to how they change it in the paper, it can come across as a smear campaign

I cannot believe some journo has decided this statement is worth making a story out of. If I was his editor I'd be going "alright Jon, nice article, what have you based it on?". Then I'd read the sentence from WBA stalwart Paul Scharner, and I'd laugh, then I'd ask him to go and write a proper article before I fire him for being a lazy, incompetent bell-end.

You wouldn't. You'd say, "well done lad, story like that will be getting thousands of liverpool fans seething hitting the web page to comment and complain and generating thousands in ad revenue. Well done lad".

Journalism isn't about reporting anymore. Facts and shit are constraints, not the objective.

Still believe its paranoia personally. We'll see though.

But if it's not paranoia, who actually cares. And if you care that much, don't read the papers!

What happens on the pitch is the only important factor though. If decisions start going against him, maybe I'll become a believer!

They already are! Look at the Norwich game, the Stoke game, the WBA game! Jesus man, how can you not see that he's being marginalised by referees and journalists/commentators/pundits alike. Definite witch hunt.