You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

The FA should not have the jurisdiction to process a claim of racial abuse as it is a criminal offence.

They should have given Suarez a 4 match ban for the lesser charge and then passed over the file to the CPS. End of.

Fully agree there re the FA not being involved. Not just racial abuse but harassment, given Evra said it was ten times in ninety minutes. Crown Court should have been dealing with this one.

To be honest is this not a PR disaster?

Kenny is a walking PR disaster. It was pretty much always the case, but he got away with it early in his management career because he was invariably winning.

The other person who comes out of this fairly poorly is the owner. There are two ways he could have contained this PR nightmare, either step in himself early and take the path of least resistance - dampen down the bad news with an apology, it was all a cultural misunderstanding thing - and hardly anyone would even be talking about it now. Meanwhile you quietly appeal the length of the ban and the FA shortens it because you have shown penitence for the crime and are sending out the right signal.

If you do not want to get involved in this personally then you make sure you put in place a senior management structure at the club to handle it for you. A structure that has a strong communications head and a manager with strict instructions that any actions or comments he makes on this subject have to be signed off by the PR guy.

Dalglish is doing what he is doing undoubtedly to try and create a siege mentality and keep his team close in spirit and deed. But what is good for one part of a vast organisation like Liverpool is not necessarily good for the rest of it. The club's image and reputation is taking a battering because there are no senior people there who seem to have the power or remit to argue their own corners in the face of the scattershot approach of Dalglish.

I cannot imagine any one person would have this amount of scope within their job definitions to cause this much trouble at any of Henry's other sporting entities, I struggle to imagine why he permits this to happen at Liverpool.

Too much that seems to have happened at the club over the past year has been rather knee jerk, whether some of the ridiculous, panicky transfer deals or this sort of pandering to the baser instincts of the more rabid elements of the support. Good owners need to stand aloof from populist gestures, Henry seems to be far too acquiescent in the poor decision making made by the people he is trusting to run the club. I do not know if this is a competence issue or a currying favour one, either way I am worried.

The owner doesn't have the first clue of what he is doing when it comes to football. NESV bought Liverpool because someone told them they could buy one of the most widely supported sports franchises in the world for £200 million. They jumped at it. The glazers were looking for over 10 times as much for man utd. £200 million was cheap. There was however a couple of reasons as to why this storied franchise was available so cheaply.

The problem is that they don't know anything at all about football. They didn't realise what a mess Benitez had made of the club, with the assistance of H&G. they didn't know how incredibly shit most of the players were when they took over.

They didn't realise how much fucking money these players were on. They didn't realise how badly structured the squad was, they didn't realise how long their contracts were. They were only dimly aware of how bad the clubs underlying financial position was, and how costs were exploding as income fell.

They had some lovely little plans for a transfer guru to scour Europe for top players at fantastic prices, with a coach at the cutting edge of management, using the most modern of methods to weld the team into a winning machine.

However, NESV didn't realise that all of their plans were going to be fucked straight out the window, because King Kenny wanted the job, and let it be known to the world at large through his mates who were all in the media and saying what a great manager he would be.

NESV looked at their fans in near open revolt against their manager, and saw they were chanting for the return of a man who hadn't had any real involvement in football since he disgraced himself at Celtic and Newcastle, and they just buckled.

Out went any notion of young coaches with inventive tactics, out went clever purchases, in came insanely expensive players of unproven top level pedigree, but proven behavioural problems, at galactico prices. All rational economic planning went out the window as they "overspent to show the fans that they were prepared to spend big." before scouring the North East for unbelievably bad value.

NESV have little or no leverage over Dalglish. If they sacked him tomorrow they could never set foot in their own stadium again and would have to sell the club. KK can do whatever he wants, and unfortunately, it appears that he only seems to be interested in pissing and shitting all over his own reputation.

Whether it be buying terrible players, or wasting obscene amounts of money, or making an unbelievably awful mess of handling this Suarez case, or even buying the crazy uncontrollable cunt in the first place.

Suarez, Carroll, Downing and Henderson are enormous catastrophic club-crushing blunders. any other football manager who had made the catalogue of horrendous errors that Dalglish has made over the last 12 months would have been not only fired, but sued for the damage he's done to NESV's economic interests.

But ultimately there is nothing that they can do about it, other than wait until he realises that his best managerial days were under Thatcher, and hope that he fucks off back to the 19th hole with the MOTD pundits, to tell off-colour stories about the good old days.

NESV can then look at their falling income, escalating costs, rising losses, and try and rebuild again, in the knowledge that Liverpool have officially replaced nNewcastle as the most criminally mismanaged club in england. Pretty soon Liverpool fans are going to start every season hoping for a good run at a Europa league spot, and if one of the CL clubs wins the League cup, maybe we'll get it.

I know many will be very angry at what I have written but it's the truth and we all know it.

Fuck off you fucking cunt.

I know many will be very angry at what I have written but it's the truth and we all know it.

Some of the factual stuff is true but limited. The rest of it is a load of bollocks.

Kenny may not prove to the manager who can takes us back to the promised land but he is certainly the right choice as a bridge (if it comes to that) to the next incumbent.

I think the club recently appointed a new communications manager.Maybe I am confusing the appointment of the new club secretary but I believe she is leagally qualified and previously worked for a top London law firm.

So the owners are trying to bring in the right 'corporate' structure.

I am not going to slate Ian Ayre but if the strategy fails defending Suarez at all costs (it seems) then he has to fall on his own sword. He has already showed a poor error of judgement when talking about the revenue from overseas tv and named a specific club (Bolton) to make his point. He should have made it generic but worse still, he named the club with a chairman who is very influential in the FA. It was reported that JH called Gartside to explain the wider point, etc.

Having stood squarely behind Suarez and immediately issued a scathing rebuttal statement I have not heard anything from the club. You have to suppose that all Kenny's comments have the full backing of the club.

Having set this course there is no going back until this reaches the high court given the universal condemnation of Suarez and the club. The only way that it will stay out of course is if the FA rescind 4 of the 8 game ban for the racist remark and come out saying they now accept there was no intention on behalf of Suarez. This is not going to happen.

On the players purchased, Carroll was unusal because of the timing forced on us by Torres. You could argue at least £10million of the fee is pure Chelsea money. Adam and Downing are average players but we only over paid for one of them. Henderson has time on his side and has the potential to become a very good player but not now.

Suarez and Enrique are both excellent signings as is Bellamy for the short term. Coates for the future but looks promising.

Most managers, including Ferguson and Wenger, have a similar success/failure purchase history. It just gets magnified in our case due to the poor base where we started.

Agree that the next few signings have to be in the Suarez/Enrique field to be able to push on to the next level.

There's only one thing worse than someone who spouts the shite you just spouted and thats someone who says 'its the truth and we all know it' - that makes you certifiable.

Tony Evans can fuck off with article.

It's shite isn't? He starts by saying he knows fuck all about South American slang and culture and then just assumes that Evra took offence, just because he was black. Perhaps, considering Evra speaks Spanish well enough to insult in the language, he might know enough of the language to realise what Suarez said wasn't racist.

PR Disaster? Who cares. Seriously, PR. WTF is that all about? The far more interesting dimension to examine in this whole scenario is mentality.

I'll never forget Benitez throwing a wobbly at the players after a chelsea game for laughing and joking with the their players after a defeat. Surrender monkeys.

This is just one, not particularly winnable, battle in the fight to fix that self-defeating mind-set that sees us time after time crumbling when the pressure is on. It's no accident that game after game Dalglish lauds the team for fighting to the very end. He knows how important a Souness mindset is to winning.

So what does he do when someone is technically in breach of a rule, which will inevitably result in him being labelled a racist even though it's clearly not true.

Extricate journalists from ferguson's ass and suck on their cocks? Go cap in hand to Evra and apologize for being too good for him, for sending him into a massive sulk and causing him to play the thundercunt card? Bend over again for the FA decline the lube this time? Ask for a few more bellamy bookings, a Mascherano sending off, a few more penalties not given, some more opposition blatant handballs ignored?

We could do all that and win the "PR" battle; stand proudly atop the moral high-ground and cast glances again as manure stand atop the winner's podium.

But unlike the surrender monkeys among us, we have this guy who knows what it takes to win. He knows "PR" has nothing to do with winning; he knows the moral high ground is defined by however any given journalist decides to spin a story on any given day.

So he's quite happy to sacrifice that to send a message to his players that unlike in the recent past, we will not bow down, that if you back us we will back you. We will fight for you, because the prerequisite to winning against the financial and institutional bias we face is fighting above and beyond. And, so he has, and he will.

And the surrender monkeys among us can like it or lump it. None of you have the slightest even miniscule fucking clue what it takes to win, so get in line or fuck off and surrender somewhere else.

It's fair to say the whole episode, from all parties, could have been handled a LOT better. If you take the emotion and tribalism out of it, that much becomes apparent.

Kenny is a walking PR disaster. It was pretty much always the case, but he got away with it early in his management career because he was invariably winning.

So Ferguson's bullying, self-righteous and self-serving agendas have somehow been tolerated by a media still all too willing to kowtow to his every whim, because they are manna from heaven in PR terms?

The other person who comes out of this fairly poorly is the owner. There are two ways he could have contained this PR nightmare, either step in himself early and take the path of least resistance - dampen down the bad news with an apology, it was all a cultural misunderstanding thing - and hardly anyone would even be talking about it now. Meanwhile you quietly appeal the length of the ban and the FA shortens it because you have shown penitence for the crime and are sending out the right signal.

Why do the owners themselves need to make comment? Do you want to hear their opinion and take on every single matter, given what you've gone on to say below?

If you do not want to get involved in this personally then you make sure you put in place a senior management structure at the club to handle it for you. A structure that has a strong communications head and a manager with strict instructions that any actions or comments he makes on this subject have to be signed off by the PR guy.

What makes you so sure the club's comments and statements were just blurted out without any attempt at verification?

Dalglish is doing what he is doing undoubtedly to try and create a siege mentality and keep his team close in spirit and deed. But what is good for one part of a vast organisation like Liverpool is not necessarily good for the rest of it. The club's image and reputation is taking a battering because there are no senior people there who seem to have the power or remit to argue their own corners in the face of the scattershot approach of Dalglish.

Scattershot approach? He's commented as little as possible on this particular issue, and made a point of saying it is in the hands of the FA, who'd asked the club not to comment lest their words prejudice an ongoing investigation. Tell me, who's words featured in a newspaper article on racism within the game barely a few weeks after this issue flared up?

I cannot imagine any one person would have this amount of scope within their job definitions to cause this much trouble at any of Henry's other sporting entities, I struggle to imagine why he permits this to happen at Liverpool.

I'm sure it's not in any employee's job description to 'cause trouble', and yet, because professional sporting people are very much in the public eye, much of what they say can be used to provide an angle on a story. Whether that story is positive or negative largely depends on the prevailing agenda. As for John Henry's other sporting franchises, are you familiar with what happened with the Red Sox in September and October? Look it up.

Too much that seems to have happened at the club over the past year has been rather knee jerk, whether some of the ridiculous, panicky transfer deals or this sort of pandering to the baser instincts of the more rabid elements of the support. Good owners need to stand aloof from populist gestures, Henry seems to be far too acquiescent in the poor decision making made by the people he is trusting to run the club. I do not know if this is a competence issue or a currying favour one, either way I am worried.

Is your real problem with the handling of the racism issue, or FSG in general? As for 'Good owners need to stand aloof from populist gestures', wouldn't it be a populist gesture if they passed comment on everything all the time, as you seem to want them to?

The owner doesn't have the first clue of what he is doing when it comes to football. NESV bought Liverpool because someone told them they could buy one of the most widely supported sports franchises in the world for £200 million. They jumped at it. The glazers were looking for over 10 times as much for man utd. £200 million was cheap. There was however a couple of reasons as to why this storied franchise was available so cheaply.

I very much doubt the Glazers put a £2bn valuation on their ManU shares, which you've implied above. As for the last line, those couple of reasons are also known as Messrs Gillett and Hicks.

The problem is that they don't know anything at all about football. They didn't realise what a mess Benitez had made of the club, with the assistance of H&G. they didn't know how incredibly shit most of the players were when they took over.

They didn't realise how much fucking money these players were on. They didn't realise how badly structured the squad was, they didn't realise how long their contracts were. They were only dimly aware of how bad the clubs underlying financial position was, and how costs were exploding as income fell.

This part makes you sound like Keith Harris of Seymour Pierce. Gutted at being fucked over any involvement in another takeover deal.

They had some lovely little plans for a transfer guru to scour Europe for top players at fantastic prices, with a coach at the cutting edge of management, using the most modern of methods to weld the team into a winning machine.

Did they? I'd like to see a copy of these plans if you have them. Sure, the jury is out on several of our signings since FSG took over, not least because of the money spent, but when you put into context that only a handful of the first team squad have been here for more than 3 years, and that we had an almost total squad overhaul in the summer, you have to recognise that there may be some teething troubles along the way, and that some things may not go according to plan. That is the nature of football. Man City spent a shedload on players, but it is only in the last 12 months where they've found a cohesion that might help them make that giant leap into title winners.

However, NESV didn't realise that all of their plans were going to be fucked straight out the window, because King Kenny wanted the job, and let it be known to the world at large through his mates who were all in the media and saying what a great manager he would be.

Again, I'd likes to see these plans that you've been privy to? Strange that they had this amazing blueprint for success given that they know fuck-all about football, as you yourself pointed out.

NESV looked at their fans in near open revolt against their manager, and saw they were chanting for the return of a man who hadn't had any real involvement in football since he disgraced himself at Celtic and Newcastle, and they just buckled.

Roy Hodgson fucking things up was a problem that they had to deal with soon after the takeover. Hodgson didn't fuck things up because Kenny was in the background. He wasn't helped by the overall poor level of the squad, but his attempts at remedying that were laughable, and he actually took things backwards. And if you look up 'PR disaster' in the dictionary, chances are you'll find a picture of Roy Hodgson, probably rubbing his face.

The club needed uniting, and Kenny was far and away the most qualified person for that job. Disgraced at Newcastle? I recall them finishing runners-up in both the league and FA Cup under him, during a time when Sir John Hall was looking at curbing the hefty expenditure of the Keegan years. At Celtic he was Director Of Football with John Barnes as coach, but had to step in when Barnes was sacked. Did he drown a sackful of puppies in the Clyde as well? I must have missed that.

Out went any notion of young coaches with inventive tactics, out went clever purchases, in came insanely expensive players of unproven top level pedigree, but proven behavioural problems, at galactico prices. All rational economic planning went out the window as they "overspent to show the fans that they were prepared to spend big." before scouring the North East for unbelievably bad value.

Who did you want the club to get in as manager, and which players were you after? Personally, I wouldn't have gone after some of the players we've signed, but also true is that the club wasn't in a position where we can attract a lot of the players who we all feel could really take us up a level. I accept the transfer fees have been excessive, but my reason for thinking that is what impact it has on the asking price of the real top quality players when we enquire about them.

NESV have little or no leverage over Dalglish. If they sacked him tomorrow they could never set foot in their own stadium again and would have to sell the club. KK can do whatever he wants, and unfortunately, it appears that he only seems to be interested in pissing and shitting all over his own reputation.

As revered as he is, I'm sure quite a lot of our fans would speak out if things went pear-shaped under Kenny. Can you qualify any of the above opinion?

Whether it be buying terrible players, or wasting obscene amounts of money, or making an unbelievably awful mess of handling this Suarez case, or even buying the crazy uncontrollable cunt in the first place.

Suarez, Carroll, Downing and Henderson are enormous catastrophic club-crushing blunders. any other football manager who had made the catalogue of horrendous errors that Dalglish has made over the last 12 months would have been not only fired, but sued for the damage he's done to NESV's economic interests.

Careful now. You're getting a reputation for hysteria.

But ultimately there is nothing that they can do about it, other than wait until he realises that his best managerial days were under Thatcher, and hope that he fucks off back to the 19th hole with the MOTD pundits, to tell off-colour stories about the good old days.

Now we're getting to the heart of the matter.

NESV can then look at their falling income, escalating costs, rising losses, and try and rebuild again, in the knowledge that Liverpool have officially replaced nNewcastle as the most criminally mismanaged club in england. Pretty soon Liverpool fans are going to start every season hoping for a good run at a Europa league spot, and if one of the CL clubs wins the League cup, maybe we'll get it.

At least the glass is half-full here.

Yet another poster who seems unable to put the words "I think" ahead of any opinion they post.

---

A more embarrassingly bitter, agenda-driven post it would be hard to find elsewhere. You don't half come across as somebody that has somehow been fucked over by either FSG, Kenny, or both.

And fucking Amen to That Piscinin. Wonderful post - Fully correct in every way - Should of been the last word on here & the Whole Evra subject Until it comes to the High Court as it inevitably will (fuck Four measly games - Dalglish wants to utterly Destroy the FA's case & embarrass them into removing the Ban full stop............And he will). I agree with All you've said - For years now there's been a creeping barrage of negative PR v All who stand up to the Manc's & their little schemes in English football - One that has scandalously when necessary targetted anything - fans, the race issue, on field matters, club history you name it for Their benefit & theirs alone - Well maybe now? We've sent a message to them by doing this - Well to them along with their media lackeys & their minions/disciples at other, lesser clubs who surrender to them in game after game after game & are just "happy to play at OT/against United" - The ones whose attitude makes your stomach want to turn when you hear such shite & Always v Them - You All know Which clubs I mean eh Wigan? Bolton? Blackburn? Wolves? The list goes on.........

Well with a Winner back in charge whatever faint hearted cowards like Kiwanis say - In fact The winner in our clubs case - The last man to win us The League Title lest you all forget? The last man to drive The Liverpool War Machine at its height (in a football sense) when We, not those utter scum down the M62 were The team to beat & utterly fearsome to all & sundry - With That man back in charge? He's said enough is enough - This is one PR assault from Them & their lackeys To far, he sees right through them & knows that Ferguson is trying to maintain the status quo as established By Ferguson & for his lot in the past 2 decades on the model provided by Our status quo before that only backed up this time by the poisonous allies of them in the media & the bedazzled managers/chairmen etc of certain 'lesser' clubs who are only To happy to surrender to them time after time in exchange for a pat on the head & a good word or two in the media. Kenny sees past All that - He sees what few bother looking at - That We will Have to replace Man U not A N Other at the top - Ever wondered just Why the league since the laughably entitled 'Premier' part came into it's name has Always been The Mancs vs A N Other rather than say us v Arsenal, Chelsea v Us, Chelsea v Arsenal etc Think it was that last Once but Only once; Other than that? The fcuking Mancs are Always involved against someone else & in the place of who? Guess - Try the club we all proclaimed our love & support for years ago that's who.

Kenny Knows the Mancs are the ones keeping us from Our position of old - He knows there can only be One supreme club from the North-west in English football on top of it all at any one time. He knows to that right now? It's not us & that it follows therefore? That it is Them that we have to target, attack non-stop in every way possible & eventually? Defeat & replace on top of the pile. Therefore? He's begun the battle accordingly. What's gone on recently Might disgust many & cause other idiots like Kiwanis to want to surrender "for shame" or such other rubbish but I'll bet quietly? A lot of Non-Liverpool fans agree with us & even admire us for drawing this line & taking this stance & the battle to Evra & co in The most public manner possible.

What's more - Kenny knows as Ferguson will to? That what we've gone & done now is nothing less than a declaration of War from Anfield on Old Trafford - A war that will Not end now until the despicable situation established in our league over the past 2 decades has been Utterly destroyed & the situation our 2 clubs now find ourselves re us & Them? Is completely reversed long term. Nor should it either - We should of done this Years ago (& Piscinin was spot on in everything he said btw) Had we done so? We might not have got Into this mess we've languished in for 2 decades.

But it All changes now (as it had to one day) & from this point on. The moment Ferguson decided to play the race card? Will be seen as that in future - The moment that Everything changed not immediately but long term & that the clubs began the reversal of their positions once more that time was always going to bring. That change is coming now & our wonderful clubs fight & spirit, their refusal to surrender have shown that And Ferguson? Can do nothing about it. In fact? It's No wonder he bleated in the press the other day that we should shut up & accept the ban - The words of a worried man whose probably just realised he's only gone & opened Pandora's Box & upset Liverpool FC once To often & Like Pandora's Box? There'll be No closing the situation now & shutting the box of an roused & riled Anfield & enraged Liverpool - It won't stop - We won't stop now until Ferguson & his FA allies & Evra are all utterly humiliated & their risible so-called 'case'? Is completely destroyed & rightly so. More to the point? Ferguson knows to that This when we do it? Will be only the beginning from us..........................

For me, Evan's blew his whole argument apart by saying this:

Suárez may not have had any racist intent but the Hispanic subtleties were lost on Evra. They’d be lost on most in Britain.

If Suarez (as Evan's accepts was a possibility) did not intend to racially abuse Evra, then why the fuck should, as Evan's goes on to say, LFC bend over and take an eight game ban up the arse - because Evra, the FA, and every other cunt who misconstrues something must have their (faux) anger sated? Fuck that. I'd rather they were educated as to the different meanings placed on terms in different cultures, and get out of this mindset that, if they found something offensive, thus it must be offensive. I do accept that Suarez (and every other foreign player) needs to be educated as to these cultural differences too.

Also, no mention at all of the claim made by LFC (and reported elsewhere) that Evra provoked Suarez with a choice ethnic slur of his own, or the fact that we're all still speculating as to exactly what went on and exactly what the FA made its conclusions on because the FA panel still haven't released the evidence.

More shit to contend with ? Why are the SBL only interested in pursuing the two clubs of the alleged crimes ? Do QPR and MUFC not have an obligation to carry out any internal investigation ? Would it be better for us to have a day in a criminal court ?

Lawyers accuse Liverpool and Chelsea Football Clubs of condoning Suarez and Terry Racism

The Society of Black Lawyers (SBL) has condemned Liverpool and Chelsea Football Clubs for appearing to condone the alleged racism of Luis Suarez and John Terry. The organisation is urging the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) to treat the Suarez affair as a racist incident and argues that there should be no difference in the treatment of the two players.

The Society of Black Lawyers (SBL), has condemned as indefensible, the stance of Chelsea and Liverpool Football Clubs for appearing to endorse the alleged acts of racism perpetuated by John Terry and Luis Suarez respectively.

Chelsea F.C. issued a statement, expressing their unconditional support after captain John Terry was charged with a racially aggravated public order offence relating to alleged remarks to Queens Park Rangers (QPR) defender Anton Ferdinand. Meanwhile, Liverpool F.C. has continued to defend the behaviour of Luis Suarez following the eight-match ban given to the Uruguayan who was found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United’s Patrice Evra.

The SBL was one of the main organisations that successfully campaigned for racism to be criminalised and recognised as a hate crime in the Crime and Disorder Act 1998. The organisation intends to make a formal complaint to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) about the racist and offensive language used by Luis Suarez and will urge the CPS to treat the matter as a racist incident requiring a full and proper investigation. The SBL will also urge the CPS to prosecute Mr Suarez if the outcome of the investigation evinces a reasonable prospect of a conviction according to the public interest test contained within the Code for Crown Prosecutors.

The SBL contends that there should be no difference in the treatment of the two players and as both football clubs are the players’ respective employers, such instances of racism ought to have been treated as allegations of gross misconduct by the clubs and not simply denied as being completely unfounded.

SBL Co-Chair, Peter Herbert OBE commented:

“To our knowledge, neither club has bothered to conduct its own independent investigation or hold a disciplinary hearing. If such serious allegations of racism had been made in the workplace, any reasonable employer would consider itself to be under a strict duty to conduct a full, detailed and impartial investigation into the allegations, and not simply to state that they stand behind the denials of the player concerned.

The punitive effects of racism are felt by thousands of people in Britain each day. The response of the Footbaall Association (FA) and the CPS must be robust to protect others from the humiliation, pain and suffering that this type of hate crime inflicts. There is no reason why Suarez should not face criminal charges. When individual football clubs and fellow players – both black and white – endorse this kind of behaviour, they themselves become part of the problem because they stand in the way of the total eradication of racism from the sport. Their denial and appeasement reflects an abdication of their role as responsible players or employers.”

Society of Black Lawyers » Lawyers accuse Liverpool and Chelsea Football Clubs of condoning Suarez and Terry Racism

What's that Mr Herbert? We "haven't held" our own investigation to "the best of your knowledge" (which is clearly Very little re' the internal workings of our club & since we now keep All such things inhouse under Kenny). Erm that might be because A ) Such investigation is None of your business or that of your stick your nose in & create trouble where none existed before vulture squadron of an organisation & B ) Because there is literally No evidence of any kind to support the execrable & pathetic actions of the piece of scum that is Patrice Evra. Fine, take us to court - then line up behind (successively) Evra, The FA, MUFC & The English Media & We'll happily humiliate one by one as should it get there? The so-called pathetic little Charge against us? Will be completely dissected & utterly destroyed in short order & you know it. Stop grandstanding you sound like someone else who caused all this when he found time away from his beloved whisky bottle & scanning old LFC videos for new targets for his team/percieved slights to fight us over; What's more? You're just as much in the wrong as we'll Prove in good time. As I said, stand in line by all means - And when we eventually Get our day in court? You'll only end up awaiting your Own Group's humiliation.............

Meanwhile' date=' Liverpool F.C. has continued to defend the behaviour of Luis Suarez following the eight-match ban given to the Uruguayan who was found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United’s Patrice Evra.

The SBL will also urge the CPS to prosecute Mr Suarez if the outcome of the investigation evinces a reasonable prospect of a conviction according to the public interest test contained within the Code for Crown Prosecutors.

There is no reason why Suarez should not face criminal charges.[/quote']

Totally contradicting themselves. Not only is it, at this stage, the case that the FA appear not to have found Suarez guilty of racism judging by their initial statement, but on the one hand the SBL are saying prosecute if there is sufficient evidence to secure a conviction, and on the other saying prosecute anyway. Utterly bizarre and ill-thought out statement.

The FA don't want this near a criminal court, because they know that it'll be a whole different ball game. Evra doesn't want this near a criminal court if he has any sense whatsoever, because the nice easy ride he got at FA headquaters will be replaced by shock and awe on the witness stand.

"Society of Black Lawyers" :D you couldn't make it up.

Almost as funny as that youtube clip of Hansen saying coloureds with the commentary, "we're not coloureds we're black". On the day Suarez gets done for calling a guy black.

If english people hadn't been bullied and conditioned into anything other than "(un)righteous indigination" when the subject of "black" comes up a decent satirist would have a field day. But we're denied that as well as common sense.

Guest ShoePiss
I'm Indian but fuck me, you wouldn't be able to get away with 'Society of White Lawyers' so why is that allowed?

Probably because whites are the majority and the majority in positions of power, especially in law.

I just wonder what the NAACP would have to say about all this!*

*if they actually existed in the UK of course

Indeed JV - If "Society of Black Lawyers" is permissable & descriptive only but we are So often told the word 'black' said To Them is Always offensive? Then surely "Society of Negro & Coloured" lawyers would be more appropriate? Or is it the completely ridiuclous (and most likely for us mere whites) title of "Society of ethnic minority & racially sensitive lawyers" that We are expected to say to our Lords & Masters of the Racial Apologetics brigade & of course such people themselves? Do enlighten me someone - It's all Very confusing........................Shakes head.

The 'Society of Black Lawyers' seem to be a Society of Black Gobshites. The CPS would not be able to construct a case against Suarez as he did not commit a racist offence. He merely referred to Evra as 'black' (negro), descriptively accurate if considered a little un-PC, but twisted by the FA to be termed insulting enough to fucking well ban the lad.

It amuses me that this group of retarded briefs want a man prosecuted for using a term they use to describe themselves. As for John Terry; well, he did say the words 'black cunt' - not nice at all. But the 'Society of Black Cunts' might more accurately describe these opportunistic, wannabe Johnny Cochrans.