You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

CL, Europa and International (including U21s), probably about 15.

No, can't confirm anything. However, I was commenting on the news that he looks to be off to Galatasaray, which seemed credible enough to talk about. Next.

except there was very strong air of outrage in your post , kind of like " u know better" and " how very dare you " let this man go to Turkey next.

What, it's wasting money on strikers who score goals when we actually need a striker who can score goals? Sorry, didn't realise you were Mystic Meg.

Does he score goals though? He's had one good season in his career where he's actually scored consistently. Would you advise us going in for Santa Cruz as a goalscorer because he'd scored goals in 1 of his many seasons as a professional footballer? No, you wouldn't. Signing a player who's only had a good 6 months/year is what has put us in the position of still needing a striker after spending £35m, why risk making the same mistake twice?

Does he score goals though? He's had one good season in his career where he's actually scored consistently. Would you advise us going in for Santa Cruz as a goalscorer because he'd scored goals in 1 of his many seasons as a professional footballer? No, you wouldn't. Signing a player who's only had a good 6 months/year is what has put us in the position of still needing a striker after spending £35m, why risk making the same mistake twice?

Yes, he does! Fucking hell, it's like we're talking about Voronin or someone! The man has, over the past eighteen months (so we're not talking about a purple patch here like Carroll or whoever else you want to use), scored 34 goals in 53 starts. As with Drogba (and, before some idiot tries to say I am, I am not comparing them in terms of quality or playing style) he was a bit of a late bloomer, and before he joined Lille he'd never been given a prolonged run in the side, but now he has, he's proven he can consistently score goals.

The Santa Cruz comparison is a lazy one that doesn't deserve a response, but fuck it, I'm in a giving mood today. Santa Cruz has looked a shadow of the player he was for Blackburn a good few seasons ago, whereas Sow is just getting in to the prime of his career.

Anyway, I'm done talking about him now. If we sign him, great. If we don't, we don't - but given our past record with transfers I doubt we'll find someone who can score goals as consistently at him for the sort of price he'd be available for.

I obviously dont know you at all, but you do come across as the sort of person who would see your glass very much as half empty, and would also want to know which cunt drank the water, so that you could then smash the glass over his head

Guest Numero Veinticinco
except there was very strong air of outrage in your post , kind of like " u know better" and " how very dare you " let this man go to Turkey next.

Again, I was commenting directly about one of the preceding posts. It suggested, fairly credibly in my opinion, that he might well be off to Galatasaray. That would frustrate me immensely.

What's your point here, exactly? Other than completely fucking up your point about Henry, I mean. Your other point. This one with teh made-up quotes and stuff.

L'Equipe (translation)

It was the last condition to validate the transfer of striker Lille to Fenerbahçe . Late Wednesday afternoon, Moussa Sow has agreed to Turkish club. Subject to the medical, Senegal's 25 years will therefore join the Turkey until 2015. Lille will affect approximately 13 million euros, 10 million now. Information confirmed shortly afterwards by a representative of the Istanbul training, live on L'Equipe TV. The latter has also clarified that Sow receive 2.6 million euros in annual salary.

it doesnt matter who we sign. the fact is, we dont get enough bodies in the box, and we dont get the ball in the right areas quickly enough.

I think it does matter, when you look at the amount of easy chances Suarez, Carroll, Kuyt etc have missed this season. We are creating chances and a finisher would make a big difference, someone who simply gets in the right position and doesn't shit himself when he gets a chance.

I also think some players are better than others at getting in the box. Downing for example doesn't get in the box, but someone like Maxi does and it is no surprise Maxi gets more goals as Downing as a result.

Right, I’ve looked in the mirror. I even looked long and hard, and still no change. I still don’t like it.

I think trying to fool people into opening the petition just seems a bit low. This has been done on twitter, so the people seeing that comment about Cavani will have also seen the requests from the same people about signing the petition so it’s not like it’s going to be new to them. They’ll have seen the petition and so will have signed it by now if they can.

It just seems a bit, I don’t know……. beneath us.

The whole cause is so extremely important, but like the chants at the match, it has become a fashion statement to so many now that I wrongly find the whole thing a bit sickening, and from time to time have to step back and take stock of what is actually trying to be achieved. Between the amount of people tweeting Paul Dalglish with the petition just so he’ll re-tweet it, despite Paul having sent it out about 100 times already. It is clearly just people looking to be able to say they got a re-tweet from the Kings son, and it makes me a little bit sick, just like the “Stand up for the 96” and “Justice for the 96” chants that have become standard match day chants now. A percentage of the peopel chanting that will be talking about "Munichs" in the next breath. I hate it to be honest.

But there you go. Maybe it’s just me.

Couldn't agree more, all absolutely spot on.

New Edubease Captain happy with Liverpool trial

Premier league side New Edubease captain Mumuni Abubakar has expressed satisfaction at his six- day training trail with English premier league giants Liverpool.

The 18 year old player believes his performances would earn him a move to Anfield in the future.

“I enjoyed it and they were impressed with my performance”. He told Joy Sports

“I’m just hoping to hear something favourable from the club”

Abubakar Mumuni was voted the Sports Writers Association of Ghana Premier League Player in 2011.

Joy Sports

Bueno just come back to England for sale: Fassi

Andres Fassi revealed that Liverpool still interested in setting good, however, noted that the only way back to England striker will be final and no sale as evidence

Pachuca, Hidalgo (January 18 ).- The vice president of Club Pachuca, Andres Fassi Jurgens revealed that Liverpool still interested in signing striker Marco Bueno. However, he noted that the only way forward is back to England Sinaloa on final sale and not as evidence as it did last November.

"We believe that he is a First Division player, not a player to go to trial, and mentioned it to the people of Liverpool, that if there is any interest to another format and the way we put agree "

The Argentine director acknowledged that the last conversation I had with the English was a fortnight ago and referred the interest from the Reds continues.

"They are interested in the player, happened to these two goals. There really is a major interest. They're going to keep watching and at any time may be a novelty. The Liverpool takes precedence because it is a serious and professional club. Faced with an offer, they have priority, "he said.

translation

They should just have a transfer window for one day.

I bet we, like everyone else, is playing the whole "lets leave it until 11:59pm on the last day" game

Trouble is we're crap at that. We didnt get Adam last year and during negotiations we tend to haggle upwards........in leaps of 10million......

They should just have a transfer window for one day.

I bet we, like everyone else, is playing the whole "lets leave it until 11:59pm on the last day" game

Trouble is we're crap at that. We didnt get Adam last year and during negotiations we tend to haggle upwards........in leaps of 10million......

Thats the one thing I always wonder about, we're always led to believe transfers are things that take weeks and weeks and need to be meticulously prepared and professionally done.

And then every fucking year without fail shitloads of clubs are scrambling around on the last day of the window trying to bring players in.

Now in fairness its always usually wheeler dealers like Redknapp(FACK OFF!!!) or smaller clubs it happens with and theres always a good chance a lot of what we hear is unfounded speculation.

But without doubt every year theres always a good number of deals done on deadline day, a lot of those deals which obviously havn't been in planning for weeks.

Thats the one thing I always wonder about, we're always led to believe transfers are things that take weeks and weeks and need to be meticulously prepared and professionally done.

And then every fucking year without fail shitloads of clubs are scrambling around on the last day of the window trying to bring players in.

Now in fairness its always usually wheeler dealers like Redknapp(FACK OFF!!!) or smaller clubs it happens with and theres always a good chance a lot of what we hear is unfounded speculation.

But without doubt every year theres always a good number of deals done on deadline day, a lot of those deals which obviously havn't been in planning for weeks.

They all think their being shrewd and end up getting mugged and having to hire helicopters :)