You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Speculative bollocks.

Ah but he heard stuff from people, that's gotta count....right? I mean when have 2nd, 3rd or even 4th hand storied been anything but fact.

Quite why he's going at it with the gusto he is is anyones guess, like that Japanese soldier maybe he hasn't realised the 'war' is over. Maybe he's just desperate to enlighten us about what he now knows as 'fact' and want's to remind us what a 'cancerous' evil person he was in between all the supporting charities stuff of course which was probably all a ploy!

Ah but he heard stuff from people, that's gotta count....right? I mean when have 2nd, 3rd or even 4th hand storied been anything but fact.

Quite why he's going at it with the gusto he is is anyones guess, like that Japanese soldier maybe he hasn't realised the 'war' is over. Maybe he's just desperate to enlighten us about what he now knows as 'fact' and want's to remind us what a 'cancerous' evil person he was in between all the supporting charities stuff of course which was probably all a ploy!

Do you not support charities Cardie?

There are plenty of people on here who do. Every week. You should try it. You can even add the tax that you've paid on the donation to it. And it costs nothing! A couple of percent of your salary a year - go on, it's easy.

Do you not support charities Cardie?

There are plenty of people on here who do. Every week. You should try it. You can even add the tax that you've paid on the donation to it. And it costs nothing! A couple of percent of your salary a year - go on, it's easy.

I'm assuming they are neither evil or cancerous either.

Their's a pattern forming.

I'm assuming they are neither evil or cancerous either.

Their's a pattern forming.

To be fair, Skidder was referring to Rafa's effect on the club when he used the word 'cancerous'. I prefer the word 'poisonous', but the point stands. Nobody believes Rafa is evil. Plenty doubt his motives and disliked his behaviour and the effect he was having on the club and the fans though.

Lots of truly evil people have given all sorts to charity. You shouldn't associate the two.

Six years as boss.

Where does Istanbul rank in your Liverpool moments?

Manager when two vermin nearly put us out of existence.

Bloody great 'Big Brother' posters around Liverpool. *

It's not like he's gone away, is it?

* I keep imagining him coming out on stage with a dickie bow and a microphone crooning "she gets too hungry-ah/for dinner at eight-ah"......

Starting in 70% and 75% respectively of a team's league games, makes you a regular wherever it reflects well on Benitez or not.

Deal with it.

I couldn't give a flying fuck about Benitez to be honest; he's gone, get over it and all that, but where do you get 75% starts from? That's made up bullshit.

Degen was both financially (cost per game) and in footballing terms the worst signing ever in LFC history. Any attempt to justify anything about that signing whatsoever just earns you a junk rating in football knowledge.

I don't think I have EVER seen a player so completely and totally inept in a red shirt. And it wasn't as if we didn't all know he was shit before we signed him either. Perhaps his limited appearances were lucky for him. If we'd been able to scout him then surely we would have run a mile?

He was far and away Rafa's worst attempt at a cheap right back, and he signed some real fucking cackers there, and sold the best one he signed.

Deal with that.

Edited by zigackly

Zig's 20:20 hindsight management skills strike again. Who's going to be the flop of this summer's signings, Zig?

Am I supposed to be a scout or something? It was a shit signing, get over it.

Even Konchesky offered us more. And yes, I got that one very wrong.

It's hardly teh rocket surgery to say that Degen was shite both before we bought him and after though is it? It was a high risk gamble that failed.

I would be calling any manager to task who made a signing like that, and if, say, Henderson or Adam fails, then yes I will be critical.

Guest Pistonbroke

When he signed for us I groaned, having seen how shite he was when in the Dortmund team. His injury record is worse than Darren Anderton's. When we loaned him out to Stuttgart he was woeful in the few games he played for them and injured for at least 5 months of that loan period. He's a free agent since leaving us, says it all really. We can't blame Benitez fully on that one though, his scouts must be held equally responsible. They could have bought me a bag of crisps and i'd have given them a more extensive scout report than those useless fuckers.

What interests me is what happens next for Rafa.

I can't see him being offered a top four club here, he can never go to Barca, and Madrid after Mourinho will seek someone a little quieter than Rafa. In Italy, he will now be blackballed.

His payoffs here and at Inter may simply mean he will never workas a manager again.

I can't see him being offered a top four club here, he can never go to Barca, and Madrid after Mourinho will seek someone a little quieter than Rafa. In Italy, he will now be blackballed.

His payoffs here and at Inter may simply mean he will never workas a manager again.

Except he will.

It's funny; the ones who love him (and I mean REALLY love him) often say "of course he made mistakes" when they're trying to be halfway reasonable.

But when the signing of Degen is defended for one crap reason or another, honestly what mistakes are they ever going to admit to?

Zig, saying he "sold" Arbeloa is a bit off too since I imagine that was one lad he didn't want to let go.

And we can't really blame scouts for players; the manager makes the call and he either had poor judgement or he was negligent in checking up himself.

Oh come on, if Shteve McClaren can still get a job ...

Rafa would have done well to take on the Villa job or Atletico Madrid and build up his reputation again, which took a hit after Inter.

I still think he's very employable, but perhaps as you say he won't walk into a top job now.

I couldn't give a flying fuck about Benitez to be honest; he's gone, get over it and all that, but where do you get 75% starts from? That's made up bullshit.

Degen was both financially (cost per game) and in footballing terms the worst signing ever in LFC history. Any attempt to justify anything about that signing whatsoever just earns you a junk rating in football knowledge.

I don't think I have EVER seen a player so completely and totally inept in a red shirt. And it wasn't as if we didn't all know he was shit before we signed him either. Perhaps his limited appearances were lucky for him. If we'd been able to scout him then surely we would have run a mile?

He was far and away Rafa's worst attempt at a cheap right back, and he signed some real fucking cackers there, and sold the best one he signed.

Deal with that.

It's not made up bullshit, what's bullshit is you trying to ignore the fact that Degen was a regular for Dortmund.

If you dont think starting 26 games out of 34 in 05/06 and then 24 out of 34 in 06/07 is being a regular, then you have to be out of your god damn mind.

Everyone agrees he was shit.

Konch offered more what? Ineptitude ?

Go on, Zig. Tell us who will be kenny's fuck ups. All too easy to say it after the event. Who will be a flop and why? All of em? None of em? So far you've called babel and degen spot on so this should be easy for you. You're the expert here.

Zig, saying he "sold" Arbeloa is a bit off too since I imagine that was one lad he didn't want to let go.

And we can't really blame scouts for players; the manager makes the call and he either had poor judgement or he was negligent in checking up himself.

Yet we're told he wanted to sign a more attacking fullback like Johnson and was short of cash. I guess we'll never know whether Bob jumped or was pushed though; you're right.

And yes the scouts can't take all the blame, but neither can the manager do all the legwork himself. He has to put his trust in someone; in my opinion he chose badly in Macia. His signings in his early years were all very defendable though.

Konch offered more what? Ineptitude ?

Go on, Zig. Tell us who will be kenny's fuck ups. All too easy to say it after the event. Who will be a flop and why? All of em? None of em? So far you've called babel and degen spot on so this should be easy for you. You're the expert here.

Don't be a prick. I've never claimed to be some infallible oracle. I think I'm entitled to an opinion on Liverpool players I've had to suffer though.

And Konchesky offered more appearances for one thing. Degen had the corner on ineptitude though. He was world class in that field.

Oh come on, if Shteve McClaren can still get a job ...

Rafa would have done well to take on the Villa job or Atletico Madrid and build up his reputation again, which took a hit after Inter.

I still think he's very employable, but perhaps as you say he won't walk into a top job now.

Mancini out, caretaker? That's if things go 'pear-shaped' by Christmas.

But like Chelsea they might want the shiny new toy rather than the tried and tested one.

They want everything yesterday as well of course, but local and some decent players.

Other than that I'm stumped.