You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Homeland

Gym Beglin

It seems pretty obvious that this isn't a show that is going to be around for 5+ seasons.

It's so fast paced, this season maybe too much so but it's a welcome change from the regular shows which drag things out for a whole season.

What's the news on future seasons? 1 more maybe?

Having said all that the new twist with Brody could keep things going for a while if they wanted, personally I'd like to see 3 and done.

Heard before that Claire Danes had a movie offer and Homeland to choose between with the producers proposing a seven season run. Presumably the Brody storyline can only go on so long but the show is likely to continue after that story is resolved. Damian Lewis will leave a massive void to be filled when he eventually leaves the show.

An excellent episode except for her as usual. That final scene was pathetic.

Nobody who cries like that would last a day in the CIA.She let down an otherwise brilliant episode.

She really is nothing more than a costume drama actress.

I can't decide whether she's overacting like an amateur or giving an accurate portrayal of someone with a serious mental illness/personality disorder. Having a face like an aardman animation doesn't help.

I can't decide whether she's overacting like an amateur or giving an accurate portrayal of someone with a serious mental illness/personality disorder. Having a face like an aardman animation doesn't help.

I also blame the writers and the people who cast them in their roles because I reckon the female Arab reporter sympathiser is showing the hardness and lack of emotion I would expect of a female CIA agent. She is also attractive in an understated way which gives her an element of credibility. Casting a FHM front cover candidate,in looks, in Danes just doesn't cut it with me

The new CIA fella,Quinn is also playing a good role as a cold and calculating bastard,exactly how it should be done.

Vlad' date=' you're well wide of the mark on intelligence agents. What you're describing is a movie cliche.[/quote']

Oh right then,all female CIA agents burst into tears at almost every opportunity and then are allowed to dictate major operations during and after a breakdown where she constantly blows her cover and puts the life of other operatives under threat?

I don't think so.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Oh right then,all female CIA agents burst into tears at almost every opportunity and then are allowed to dictate major operations during and after a breakdown where she constantly blows her cover and puts the life of other operatives under threat?

I don't think so.

Yeah, all female agents. That's what I said. Your 'hardness and lack of emotion' is well wide of reality. Not to mention the fact she's portraying a fictional character who has hidden her mental disorder from the CIA. The caricature you're painting is pretty far from what really happens in intelligence agencies.

Yeah' date=' all female agents. That's what I said. Your 'hardness and lack of emotion' is well wide of reality. Not to mention the fact she's portraying a fictional character who has hidden her mental disorder from the CIA. The caricature you're painting is pretty far from what really happens in intelligence agencies.[/quote']

If you are a member of a an organisation such as the CIA and all that entails then you have to cold and calculated a lot of the time as part of your job and not burst into tears at every opportunity and be a typical girlie goo,which is the exact problem i have with this character and actress who plays her.

Also Brody's daughter is becoming equally as pathetic with her behaviour too,not her acting as such but the characters behaviour.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
If you are a member of a an organisation such as the CIA and all that entails then you have to cold and calculated

It doesn't, Vlad.

It doesn't, Vlad.

You missed out the words,'a lot of the time' which was meant to convey that spies can easily have a normal life too.

There is no way on earth any agent could act like her and even get into the CIA,never mind be such a big player in it.

Too many people are getting pulled in by her looks rather than her acting ability,or lack of.

She's just a poor actress, in this series anyway.

Claire Danes is amazing in Homeland. Playing someone who is bi-polar, fucked up by war, obsessive about her job, which she has been shit hot at and still is in parts amongst the crazy and also a loner yet craving a bit of sex and validation through intimacy, is pretty difficult I would say and she is boss at it.

She's unstable and annoying, but that is the point.

She still gets to do shit with the CIA because it turns out she knows more than anyone else despite being an unstable loony. She had been completely binned off, if you'll recall. Although I reckon Estes would definitely be keen to sweep her under the carpet, so hopefully there is some backstabbing (probably by the Quinn fellow) lined up.

I do agree that we've probably seen the best of the show though, now that the crux of the matter has been busted open where is the narrative tension going to come from?

Claire Danes is amazing in Homeland. Playing someone who is bi-polar, fucked up by war, obsessive about her job, which she has been shit hot at and still is in parts amongst the crazy and also a loner yet craving a bit of sex and validation through intimacy, is pretty difficult I would say and she is boss at it.

She still gets to do shit with the CIA because it turns out she knows more than anyone else despite being an unstable loony. She had been completely binned off, if you'll recall. Although I reckon Estes would definitely be keen to sweep her under the carpet, so hopefully there is some backstabbing (probably by the Quinn fellow) lined up.

I do agree that we've probably seen the best of the show though, now that the crux of the matter has been busted open where is the narrative tension going to come from?

The attack on America is the main point of tension, which most Americans will more than happily lap right up.

Personally I'm more interested in the dynamics between Carrie and Brody, is Brody really flipped again? Who does he ultimately side with, his main attraction to the CIA seems to be Carrie, who is of course batshit psycho 85% of the time but also very intelligent and good at her job (a psycho-savant spy if you will). Is she just playing him as well or does she really think they can make that work? I think Brody's had just about enough of his wife as well so the only attraction to America besides the psycho are his kid's and typically divorce doesn't lend itself to father-kid bonding.

I will agree with what seems to be the general consensus of the fans though, I'm tired of the fucking daughter and I don't see how it can carry on for the supposed 7 seasons either. 3 maybe 4 depending on 3 goes I could see. They set up a potential "Brody for Prez" storyline but I can't see a show like this just skipping ahead 4 years either which leads to the question "What's the point?", I suppose that scene could've been just to show that Brody suffers from self-contempt.

The daughter on the other hand has been fucked by the writers in my opinion. Snarky, rebellious teenager suddenly having a huge moment of naivete just doesn't make sense to me. I mean what the fuck did she think was going to happen? The VP was just going to let his moron son fuck up his campaign? The guilt itself was normal, wanting to tell was normal, actually telling maybe slightly out of character especially for the age group but I can deal with that. Her being so shocked that they planned on just sweeping it under-rug makes me wonder what kind of fantasy land she's supposed to have been living in though.

Nah for me the narrative drivers were "has Brody been turned", "will he go through with it" and "will he get found out".

Season one was great because it answered these questions but still left them hanging.

Anyone else other than Brody plotting an attack doesn't have nearly the same power as we don't know them.

Thought I was the only one who thinks this. Totally agree, I think she plays that messed up character superbly well.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Thought I was the only one who thinks this. Totally agree' date=' I think she plays that messed up character superbly well.[/quote']

You're definitely not the only one. She won the two most prestigious awards given to TV actors, so she's doing something right.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I don't know how people are being pulled in by her looks anyway, she's very average looking in the series.

Looks like it's just Vlad to me. She's pretty much a standard looking woman. Even if she was some smokin' hottie, it wouldn't be out of character for a clandestine service officer or HUMINT officer. The CIA are known for hiring a string of good looking people for certain missions.

Watched the series over the past week, and cant disagree with some of the opinions on here.

What a give least of a shit about is the relationship between Carrie and Brody - maybe its because of the way they developed it but I really cant be arsed with that storyline (aside form the sex scenes).

I hope there are some clever twists now the old story line has been killed. I still think it has the potential to be a good, long standing show. I know people are wondering how they can keep it going for much longer but as with every show, i fully expect the introduction of new characters and new storylines.