You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer ins and outs of every club...

dave u

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also heard that this Argie they have signed has a month Trial with Leicester early in there year only to be told he wasnt good enough....Dont know how true that is mind.

It's true, Leicester passed on him. Everton are screwed. I wish I'd had the guts to back them early for the drop as I normally do, I would have got much better than the 12/1 I eventually did get.

In the last two transfer windows, Chelsea have spent over £140m, I think. And I'm not even sure if they've strengthened hugely in any position.

More importantly 'Liverpool Manager Kenny Dalglish, who has spent over £100m' has still to get the best out of Caroll and will face problems in accomodating Bellamy into the squad!

Chelsea are so, so reliant upon Toress discovering his form! Like you, I am not sure they have improved that much, certainly not when you consider how much has been spent.

Chelsea will have to spend that again and again in the coming seasons to replace the pensioners. They are not investing in youth at all.

I agree, and when you consider they were supposed to have left their 'big spending' days behind them, well on path to being self sufficient and not reliant upon Big Roman.

First sign of trouble and they spend another £100m plus!

Guest ShoePiss
They've sold more than they've spent though.

Netspend.

Yeah but the media rarely uses our net spend figure which was where I was going with the previous comment.

Where is Stoke's money coming from?

Good test for us against them after the international break.

Whispers around that they are running a drug smuggling operation on the side, with Delap actually throwing bags of dope into France. Almost got busted when that fat waster Carew invited 200 people to an after-party at the stash house.

if this Argie wasn't good enough for Leicester do you reckon they just had a look at a list of top scorers and said right we'll have him

Great comment in The Times:

"Everton signed the big name forward they need, well he does have 13 letters in his name."