You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we get an early goal the enema stadium will boo and get on Wenger's case, Suarez rips them a new one and we take all 3 points with a comfortable 1-3 victory, Abs doesn't appear on here for a bit and the scum will probably draw.

If not, it will be hoofball to Carroll and in game thread meltdown, game drawn and cue redbar orgy of kneejerking and Carroll is shite threads.

If we get an early goal the enema stadium will boo and get on Wenger's case, Suarez rips them a new one and we take all 3 points with a comfortable 1-3 victory, Abs doesn't appear on here for a bit and the scum will probably draw.

If not, it will be hoofball to Carroll and in game thread meltdown, game drawn and cue redbar orgy of kneejerking and Carroll is shite threads.

If there's one thing I know about Abs is that he's a consistent irritant. He'll be on here talking about us being a small club and how we'll still finish outside the top 4 because Frimpong will ensure they come at least second.

I remember reading your thread on the tottenham game end of last season and the confidence was exactly the same. We gonna smash them, they cant compete etc etc. I think some of you have really lost touch with reality. yes you can win the game(I dont believe you will) But you would believe you are playing against some pub team with the certainty you expect an easy win. No PL game specially away from home is easy. have some respect for us and I will not rub it in when we beat you. but if this delusion continues, i dont think you guys will like my visit 3pm on Saturday:whistle:

I remember reading your thread on the tottenham game end of last season and the confidence was exactly the same. We gonna smash them, they cant compete etc etc. I think some of you have really lost touch with reality. yes you can win the game(I dont believe you will) But you would believe you are playing against some pub team with the certainty you expect an easy win. No PL game specially away from home is easy. have some respect for us and I will not rub it in when we beat you. but if this delusion continues, i dont think you guys will like my visit 3pm on Saturday:whistle:

Right. You realize this is The Liverpool Way, right? Not the 'Football way" or "the Arsenal way" or hottrannies.com, right?

What the fuck do you think we're going to do? Look at Arsenal, a club at it's lowest ebb in the last decade, and post, "Fuck me, we're going to get snotted."

Of course we're fucking confident, you nincompoop.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Abs, would you say we're stronger or weaker for buying Downing, Adam and Henderson? Also, would you say you're stronger or weaker for having lost Fabregas and Nasri?

Any win will do for me as, like Abs says, there's no easy away games in the Premier League these days. Coupled with the fact we aren't at tip top condition ourselves, I see it being a difficult game and maybe just scraping the win. But I think we're only going to get better and whatever result we achieve will be bettered when we take them at Anfield later in the season.

Im sick of not getting a win away against Arsenal, its a long time overdue at this stage.

Even with all their injuries and suspensions its not going to as easy as some people seem to think.

In saying that if we go for it and we produce similar football to the first half last week and keep it up for the second half as well we should get the 3 points.

Van persie praises Caroll on the match day program. The Alan Shearer comparison is weak. Duncan Ferguson is the player he reminds me off

Captain Robin van Persie has called on his Arsenal team-mates to keep a close watch on Andy Carroll this weekend.

The statuesque striker scored the winner for Newcastle at Emirates Stadium last season before moving to Anfield for a reported £35 million in January. The goal caught Van Persie’s eye and brought back memories of another former Newcastle and England No 9.

“He’s very strong and reminds me of Alan Shearer in style - holding the ball well, heading it strongly, moving nicely and looking lively in the box," Van Persie told Saturday’s Matchday Programme.

“We’ve seen what Carroll can do before - he scored the winner here for Newcastle last season. We’ll need to be on our guard against him."

Van Persie scored an injury-time time penalty the last time Kenny Dalglish’s men visited Emirates Stadium only for Dirk Kuyt to score an even later equaliser - also from the spot.

Liverpool have been busy in the transfer market over the summer, bringing in Jordan Henderson, Stewart Downing, Charlie Adam and Jose Enrique, and the Dutchman believes they will challenge for the Premier League title this season.

“I rate them as title contenders every year, and they look strong this time around,” he said. “You can only look forward to games like these.

“I’m excited to be playing against them; our last encounter, in April, was certainly dramatic and started in the 90th minute really! Hopefully we can give the fans a nice experience on Saturday.

“I’ve seen highlights of their match against Sunderland last week, and they seemed unlucky not to win - although I have to say Sunderland looked decent too.”

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Abs, would you say we're stronger or weaker for buying Downing, Adam and Henderson? Also, would you say you're stronger or weaker for having lost Fabregas and Nasri?

Adding to that, we've signed Enrique while they've lost Clichy and Eboue.

OIIII ABBBBBSSSSS!

OIIII ABBBBBSSSSS!

on paper you guys are stronger and we are weaker. But football is not decided on that. On paper Sunderland at home should be an easy win. Why you guys think Arsenal away is an easy game is beyond me. our record in the Emirates is 143 games 100 wins 32 draws and 11 defeats

Guest Numero Veinticinco
on paper you guys are stronger and we are weaker. But football is not decided on that. On paper Sunderland at home should be an easy win.

But if we're considerably stronger, and you're considerably weaker, surely you shouldn't fit us so laughable and slow and long-ball rubbish? Adding solid premiership players like Adam, Downing, Henderson and Enrique, as well as a fit Carroll and Suarez, has dramatically changed our team. Losing Cesc, Nasri, Clichy and missing players like Song, Djourou, Wilshire, Rosicky, Diaby et al, for this match, means you're significantly weaker than when we faced you both times last year.

Why you guys think Arsenal away is an easy game is beyond me. our record in the Emirates is 143 games 100 wins 32 draws and 11 defeats

It's because you can't read:

This will not be an easy game; playing Arsenal away never is. We still have a team which is learning to play together, and gaining fitness after a disjointed pre-season. Any win there will have to be hard-fought, because their speed and style of play means they're going to have to be beaten; they're not going to hand it to us on a plate.

However, having seen the likely team Abs posted earlier, I think this match represents our best change of getting an away win at Arsenal for many years. Over the last decade, you look at their team sheet and you saw genuine giants of the game: Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira; backed up by quality players like Pires, Cole, Ljungberg, Campbell. Over their recent history you had to contend with players like Fabregas, Nasri, Gallas, Adebayor. The teams we've had to face down the years have been excellent.

When I look at Abs' line-up, though, I see few players deserving if a place in that category of players. Okay, they've still got Van Persie, who is a tricky layers at the best of times, and the mindless speed of Walcott, but there's no leadership, no sign that they'll come back and fight if they lose an early goal. Players like Gibbs and Frimpong, they don't set your heart racing at the thought of facing them.

They can beat us, that's for sure. They have pace and penetration from the likes of Arshavin, Walcott and Van Persie; we shouldn't be flippant about the qualities they have - Dalglish won't be. However, us going there and trouncing them isn't out of the question either. Despite Abs' inane ramblings, we're getting into a grove of passing and moving, and we've got some very tricky players of our own. Whilst Carroll might not be the fastest player in the team, he's quicker than Abs gives him credit for.

I don't see the point in debating whether or not it should be Kuyt or Carroll; they'll bother player, or rather they should. Kuyt is brilliant in matches against the better sides in the league. He'll give Kelly/Flanno support, but he'll also get up and supply Carroll and Suarez. Our left flank looks solid as arseholes and, for all my bitching about his transfer fee, Downing isn't likely to let us down out there. My side to trump Arsenal:

---------------------------Reina---------------------------

Kelly-----------Carra--------------Agger---------Enrique

----------------Adam--------------Lucas------------------

---Kuyt-----------------Suarez---------------Downing---

-------------------------Carroll----------------------------

The team is capable, and doesn't deserve the ignorant mocking it received from Abs. If we can control the midfield, and I suspect Adam and Lucas can do that. Downing and Kuyt won't be shy of coming in and lending a hand, either. In attack, Suarez, Kuyt and Downing will switch about all game, which I like to see. Then we've got corners and freekicks from the end of Adam's boot. We're not a joke, and as the season progresses, we're going to gain respect, even from trolling popinjays like Abs.