You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Much ado about nothing. Nowadays the game is littered with insiduous snides who routinely seek to gain advantage by provoking anyone with a reputation.

If some of the City players had provoked Souness Case or Smith for instance the same way they'd have ben carried off on a stretcher

I think Barton is self aware mind you and is trying to come across as a bit of character and reacts to provocation with his fists but sunday was nothing in my opinion.

He was right about Alan Elbows Shearer and Gary Slimeker who is toad like and odious.

Hahaha. What a nob:

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton_

thinking about leaving QPR, sick of listening to that grey haired bell end Mark Hughes #twat

He's right, like, but what a nob.

Guest ShoePiss
Hahaha. What a nob:

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton_

thinking about leaving QPR, sick of listening to that grey haired bell end Mark Hughes #twat

He's right, like, but what a nob.

That's not him though, the underscore is a clue.

Whilst I don't necessarily disagree with a lengthy ban for Joey Barton, it's interesting that the FA are happy to deal out punishments like this to a pariah playing for the minnows (one of whose offences is kneeing someone), but when it comes to one of their golden boys playing for the national team (whose offence was kicking someone), they pack up and go to Switzerland with puppy eyes to convince UEFA that that's OK and they should let him off.

Now I'm not saying they're morally bankrupt. But they're morally fucking bankrupt. A plague upon their house.

Whilst I don't necessarily disagree with a lengthy ban for Joey Barton, it's interesting that the FA are happy to deal out punishments like this to a pariah playing for the minnows (one of whose offences is kneeing someone), but when it comes to one of their golden boys playing for the national team (whose offence was kicking someone), they pack up and go to Switzerland with puppy eyes to convince UEFA that that's OK and they should let him off.

Now I'm not saying they're morally bankrupt. But they're morally fucking bankrupt. A plague upon their house.

Think 12 matches is a bit much really.

Didn't Ben Thatcher only get 8 games for nearly maiming someone.

I suspect this is the easy way to get back at him for his twitter adventures.

Why was Tevez never charged, as there is no way the ref can claim to have seen him smacking Barton ?

IMO The Premier League should introduce a rule where by any player that is Sacked by a Club for Gross Misconduct should be treated in the same way as a Club going into Administration and any club in the Prem wanting to sign him on a free should be docked 10 points that will stop a player like Barton getting sacked From QPR and then getting a fat signing on fee and massive wage at another club in the Prem making him pay a fine or mis matches only hurts the team who have to keep paying his wages while he sits on his arse

SkyNews saying he's been hard done by because Suarez only got 8 games.

They just love to stir that up.

Suarez (whichever side of the 'truth' fence you sit on) basically had a bit of a verbal altercation that was between two people - and it got blown out of all proportion. Unfortunately thanks to the nature of the alleged transgression, the FA soiled their pants (and left them 'non white', as 'brown' might offend) and opted to be seen to fine upstanding anti-racists. For the FA is a win-win-win situation!... Be seen to be Anti-Racist, slip Man United a little favour whilst they were still in the planning stages of a 'season end penalty bonus', and to stick one on Liverpool at the same time. They couldn't lose.

Suarez and Barton are leagues apart. yes Suarez can be irritating, but that's part of his game. Barton is just an irritant!

Irritating = a deliberate act to get under the skin of opponents.

Irritant = naturally occurring and unable to control himself!

Sooner or later, someone's going to chin him. It's a constant surprise to me (as it was with Roy Keane) why nobody's done it. Perhaps it only serves to illustrate the professional nature of most players. Admirable I'd say.

Guest davelfc

The elbow (3) and increased to 4 as it's his second offence, knee (3) increased to 4 third offence and Headbutt (3) increased fourth offence.

He then twittered more rubbish about it, saying he wanted to take someone with him. IMO 12 isn't enough.

Fuck sky, they have their own agenda. We all saw with our own eyes the violence from Barton, had that been Suarez or Carrol then some chinless wonder would already be in one of the papers and on TV saying he should be banned forever. Just because he's (Barton) a known thug doesn't mean you have to accept behaviour like that.

Think 12 matches is a bit much really.

Didn't Ben Thatcher only get 8 games for nearly maiming someone.

I suspect this is the easy way to get back at him for his twitter adventures.

Why was Tevez never charged, as there is no way the ref can claim to have seen him smacking Barton ?

That was far worse than all of the Barton incident put together ......... Pedro Mendes was lucky not to be in hospital for weeks on end after that assault.

He's not a red he's a blue isnt he?

Besides him being a proper full on whopper I think 12 games is harsh, the whole thing about it being the pinnacle of the season is a joke

if it was mid season away to sunderland no one give a flying fuck, same with Luis and Evra