You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No what's happening/happened Al?

Nothing really mate, just the first time in ages I've listened to 606, and had forgotten how brain dead half the callers are.

Barton agreed to answer some callers' questions whilst being interviewed by Chapman and Savage, and an alleged Liverpool fan of 20 years made an absolute tit of himself.

I think he's a bit Jeckyll and Hyde is Joey. For entertainment value on Twitter he's brilliant granted but then how can you tolerate someone who stubs cigars in peoples faces, beats people senseless in city centre etc and just being an obnoxious twat, even beating one of his own team-mates to a pulp almost in Ousmane Dabo. That is Mr Hyde.

Dr Jeckyll was the Joey who near the anniversary of Hillsborough in 2007 when we played City at Eastlands brought some flowers and laid them behind the goal to which he got generous applause for. A lovely gesture.

Nothing really mate, just the first time in ages I've listened to 606, and had forgotten how brain dead half the callers are.

Barton agreed to answer some callers' questions whilst being interviewed by Chapman and Savage, and an alleged Liverpool fan of 20 years made an absolute tit of himself.

Not the first time that's happened.

I always tend to turn off the radio when they start the phone in's, as you get the sensible callers massively outweighed by the gobshites.

Not the first time that's happened.

I always tend to turn off the radio when they start the phone in's, as you get the sensible callers massively outweighed by the gobshites.

I wouldn't have been listening to it, if I'd not been in work.

He's clearly nuts, but dead funny.

He was watching Sunday Supplement this morning when he was getting some stick, and he tweeted this about Woolnough:

"I'd take u apart in 2 mins. Extra large mandible (woolnough). U are intellectually inferior in many ways. Also emotionally and mentally"

"I'd actually love to debate with the nugget. And show him up for the elitist moron that he is. Very unhappy man Abnormal Cranium"

Tweeted this during MOTD last night too:

"Bad shirt, shoes and views from shearer again. Sort it out slaphead........"

I like the fact footballers have a platform on which to air their views, it's always been one way with the journalists able to slate any player they see fit, now the player can give the journalist some back.

I don't mind Barton, I think it's funny that he gives the journalists a load of shit. And he was 100% correct with his comments about Woolnough and the other 'nuggets' on Sunday supplement.

Edit: Usher knows.

Hahaha. That Shearer tweet was funny.

His exchanges with Holt and Des Kelly the other day were hilarious too. Not to mention his 3mph remarks about David Pleat.

It's great entertainment, but I wouldn't want any of our players tweeting the way he does.

Although how funny would it be to see Lucas getting into with some journo who slagged him off?

His exchanges with Holt and Des Kelly the other day were hilarious too. Not to mention his 3mph remarks about David Pleat.

It's great entertainment, but I wouldn't want any of our players tweeting the way he does.

Although how funny would it be to see Lucas getting into with some journo who slagged him off?

Didn't he ask Holt if he was the journo who wore an alice band like Beckham and then called him a nugget?

'I'm a celebrity' - nailed on.

In fact they should just make a programme full of dangerous and/or loudmouth cunts and let them get on with it; McKenzie, McCrirrick, Barton, Jones, Neville etc etc and make it Battle Royale for gobshites.

PPV, they'd make a fortune on Merseyside alone.

iv often thought this, along with the odd unstable like kevin 'i'll knock you out' webster and pete 'i'll knock you out' price.....with frank skinner an john bishop takin the piss out of them all.

to be fair, i dont particularly like joey..his rep goes before him and thats he's fault...........but a think he got a bit of a raw deal yesterday.

Im listening to Sunday Supplement , for my sins, and the shite they come out with regarding this lad is beyond.

Look, for me anyway, what we see with Barton is what we get, no bullshit, no airs and graces and no hiding behind a mask or persona specifically constructed in a patehtic attempt to pro long his career. We need more of this if you ask me.

You dont like him ? Fair do's, its up to you but he lays it all out on the table and is transparent to the likes of me, you and everyone and for that I think he deserves a bit more credit.

Now I dont give a shit if he ever plays footie again but so many players, a lot of em absolute wankers, hide behind their England caps and Medal collections and some hide behind folklore's but this is just a display of a real person who lays it on the line, whether we like it or not.

I bet he dont give a shit so Im not sure why we should.

He's a mendacious bellend who thinks he's more important than he is.

One minute he's getting drunk and beating the shit out of someone, then he's quit the booze and he's going straight, then he's knocking out a team-mate on a training ground, then he's going to be a role model for kids, then he's threatening to spark out some journo etc. etc...

If he was just a horrible prick or just a chronic attention seeker he'd be more bearable. But it's the combination of those traits with a real sense of self-importance that is galling.

I think he's got some ego problems and maybe he'll chill out in a few years but it must be harder than it is for the average person with him being a famous footballer. If he can cut out the cuntish tackles he sometimes makes and doesn't get into any more fights he'll probably turn out alright because he seems to have a brain on him.

Not bothered what his family is like either if there's a lot of bad ones, doesn't mean he'll turn out the same.

I think he's got some ego problems and maybe he'll chill out in a few years but it must be harder than it is for the average person with him being a famous footballer. If he can cut out the cuntish tackles he sometimes makes and doesn't get into any more fights he'll probably turn out alright because he seems to have a brain on him.

Not bothered what his family is like either if there's a lot of bad ones, doesn't mean he'll turn out the same.

Yeah, just because his family is bad doesn't mean he will turn out to be the type of person who would put a cigar out on someones face or beat someone senseless in town when he's drunk. Oh, wait a minute.

He is a fucking scumbag, the fact he is mildly amusing on twitter doesn't change that.