You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bench vs Sunderland

Wor Horse

Seen a few threads on various forums and people talking about the starting line up against Sunderland on Twitter so here's something different, the bench on the first day of the season.....

I reckon Suarez and Lucas will be on the bench, don't think they'll both start so soon after the Copa America so I'm going with this:

Doni

Skrtel

Kelly

Lucas

Meireles

Cole

Suarez

Very, very strong compared to last year and full of game changers.

Your go!

Guest Jon Snow
Seen a few threads on various forums and people talking about the starting line up against Sunderland on Twitter so here's something different, the bench on the first day of the season.....

I reckon Suarez and Lucas will be on the bench, don't think they'll both start so soon after the Copa America so I'm going with this:

Doni

Skrtel

Kelly

Lucas

Meireles

Cole

Suarez

Very, very strong compared to last year and full of game changers.

Your go!

I agree I like you WoR nice and positive !

I think Gerrard will only be on the bench for the Sunderland game.

with less than 4 weeks to go until the start of the season, He's still not back in full training yet, so I really can't see him starting against Sunderland. I think Lucas should be fine to start, but I'd leave Suarez out all together and save him for the Arsenal game.

I'd go with

Doni

Kelly

Agger

Gerrard

N'gog

J Cole

Meireles

Lucas' copa has finished and Suarez has 2 games max left. I reckon they'll both start. What is it 3 and a half weeks til the Sunderland game? Time for 2 weeks holiday and back in training in plenty of time. Not as if it takes Suarez a long time to integrate into the side anyway.

For us to have the best chance of finishing as high as possible Suarez needs to play every game. (as long as he's fit)

Guest Gucci_Ledge
Lucas' copa has finished and Suarez has 2 games max left. I reckon they'll both start. What is it 3 and a half weeks til the Sunderland game? Time for 2 weeks holiday and back in training in plenty of time. Not as if it takes Suarez a long time to integrate into the side anyway.

For us to have the best chance of finishing as high as possible Suarez needs to play every game. (as long as he's fit)

yeah I'd be amazed if Suarez doesn't get a run out vs Valencia at home. Copa America Final is 20 days before Sunderland so no chance he will get given a month off for no real reason. he isn't injured, he'll himself want to play, and he already had a full 6 weeks off in between the PL ending and the tournament starting. some fans are obsessed with saying that players "need a rest".

Anyone know how Gerrard's rehabilitation is going? Haven't seen any pics of him training with the other players, so I will be very surprised if he's ready for the Sunderland match. Would be fantastic if we could get back the "real" Gerrard this season, it would be like signing a world class player. Fingers crossed.

Anyone know how Gerrard's rehabilitation is going? Haven't seen any pics of him training with the other players, so I will be very surprised if he's ready for the Sunderland match. Would be fantastic if we could get back the "real" Gerrard this season, it would be like signing a world class player. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, I'm really excited and a bit anxious to see him play.

I'd love to see him play under Kenny as the phenomenal player we know.

I've no idea how he's doing, but we need to make sure he's 100% ready when he plays, which I'm sure we will.

Yeah, I'm really excited and a bit anxious to see him play.

I'd love to see him play under Kenny as the phenomenal player we know.

I've no idea how he's doing, but we need to make sure he's 100% ready when he plays, which I'm sure we will.

Yes, the most important thing now is that he's 100% fit. Really hope his groin problems will be gone now after the operation.

If it's true he's had groin problems for years now, it's no wonder why we almost haven't seen him firing his rocket shot lately. Don't know if it is just my imagination, but it's like he has changed his shooting technique, he's shooting more with the inside of the foot rather than shooting with his instep. I miss to see the ball fly into the net after a Gerrard rocket.

This is what I miss, what a fantastic player he is :

yeah I'd be amazed if Suarez doesn't get a run out vs Valencia at home. Copa America Final is 20 days before Sunderland so no chance he will get given a month off for no real reason. he isn't injured, he'll himself want to play, and he already had a full 6 weeks off in between the PL ending and the tournament starting. some fans are obsessed with saying that players "need a rest".

Uruguay’s success in reaching the semi-finals of the Copa América has raised doubts about Luis Suárez’s availability for Liverpool at the start of the Barclays Premier League season.

Having defeated Argentina in the quarter-finals, Uruguay will face Peru in the last four in the early hours of tomorrow morning and qualification for Sunday’s final would further delay Suárez’s return to Merseyside for pre-season training.

Steve Clarke insists that the club are prepared for that eventuality and, although the Liverpool assistant manager did not mention Suárez by name, that the forward is the only Liverpool player still on international duty indicated that he is the subject of their concern, with the season less than a month away.

“Now in football you just have to accept that different countries and different continents have their own tournaments and their own times,” Clarke said. “It’s up to the boys to go there and do their best for their countries.

“When they come back we’ll assess the situation, assess them fitness-wise, physically and mentally, then we’ll decide how we fit them into our training schedule. If they are ready to start the season, fine. But if they need a bit longer to recover, that’s why you have a big squad. It will give other people a chance.”

Although Suárez had a short break from football after the end of last season, he has gone on to play a total of seven games for his national team, a figure that includes three friendly matches and four fixtures in the Copa América. The possibility of fatigue setting in later in the season is one that will concern Kenny Dalglish, the manager, particularly as Suárez made such an impact after joining Liverpool from Ajax in January.

Dalglish has consistently advocated a rationalisation of the international fixture calendar. Should Uruguay’s Copa América run cost him the services of Suárez for Liverpool’s opening fixtures, his stance is likely to harden.

Dont know about the bench bit would love this formation

..............Caroll.........

Downing..Gerrard....Suarez

.........Adam....Henderson.....

Enrique...Agger..Carra..Johnson

..............Reina...................

Yes, that would be my ideal starting XI, assuming we get a LB.

Awesome.

Guest simon

Subs have gone back to five

so

---------------Doni----------------

Johnson---Carra---New SD----New LB

------------Adam----Aqua---------

Downing--------Raul--------Suarez

---------------Carrol--------------

Jones

Skrtel

Flanagan