You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A White house official has said that this won't prevent Trump from carrying out his regular Presidential duties. Not quite true. He can't swan off to Mar-a-Lago for a golf weekend, but he CAN watch Fox News and tweet his usual shite while sat on the crapper in the White House residence.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

The cynic in me thinks it is a political decision after the debate. 

I am not sure if that says more about me or that state of political institutions. 

I hadn't thought about the narcissistic angle but is a very good point.

Yeah there's no way IMO. His entire image is based on being strong, macho and with a 'high IQ', if you criticize any aspect of his self image he goes nuts. 

This type of thing may have played well for him a few months back. If he'd been asymptomatic or gotten over it quickly it'd have played well because he could just keep saying 'what's the big deal, I had it, I'm fine'. 

But we're only just over a month from the election, he's gonna be isolating for two weeks, even if he's only mildly impacted it will still place worry in people's minds about whether this will be yet another spanner in the works for an already deeply dysfunctional administration. 

I think anyone who's been wavering won't, in those circumstances, want to take any chances. 

I've got to be honest - I hope he dies. Is that wrong?

He won't though. And he'll credit himself with being a real man for recovering from it - no doubt saying that God wants him to continue as president.

I bet Pence is pissing himself with excitement.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, M_B said:

He won't though. And he'll credit himself with being a real man for recovering from it - no doubt saying that God wants him to continue as president.

I just liked your post but on reflection if he dies they will play it as China killed the president. That will result in all of us dying.

At this point, how could you not want him to die? He's a distillation of just about every horrible aspect of humanity there is.

He directed children be ripped out of their parent's arms and be put in cages as a deterrent to immigrants. That's not to mention the very plausible accusations about his nocturnal activities with Epstein et al. He's deservedly a figure of ridicule but people shouldn't forget he is a complete monster.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, M_B said:

I wouldn't say you were wrong, I just hope that in my life I never become so embittered by someone I've never met, had any dealings with and has no influence over me. And that all I'd ever heard about had been through the lens of a politically twisted media. 

To be fair I'd not seen Trump before he got elected, I don't watch reality Tv, So I knew who he was but not that much about him. I get he's a divisive character and has very few if any redeeming qualities. 

I recently punched the air when I heard of a former Flt Sgt that had expired (old age) that was a wicked old cunt to me and others. However I refuse to give any emotion to people I care nothing about. 

Remember if Trump did die of Covid he will be deified and that is surely worse than him scuttling off after losing an election. 

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I don't want him to die, i want populism to be shown to be a shitshow and for him and lots of his family to go to prison.

Me neither, that might not play out well in the election. I'd settle for quite unwell, visibly so, so that when he returns to campaigning he's clearly been unwell rather like Boris appeared. That would really undermine his position. I can't get away from this being a hoax as we were warned of an October surprise, it would allow him to dismiss it all as a Democratic conspiracy and Covid-19 wasn't anything serious. He'll probably dispute the 200k+ mortalities.

I think this is seriously bad. He's older and in a worse state than Johnson was and look what it did to him. I don't want him to die either in the same way I said with Johnson because I don't wish death on anyone, and the other thing that worries me is the reaction of rednecks up and down the US if this turns out bad and what happens with China at that point.

I was hoping that things would just carry on as they have been doing, and that Biden not looking like he's in that much of a strong position wouldn't matter because when it came to voting his support would get him there like it did against Sanders. But no idea what happens now.

Maybe it's time for all of the right wingers saying it's a hoax to have a wake up call, would've preferred that it wasn't in this way though.