You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Charlie Adam

redsoxs

Had a great first half season, watching him over couple of months hes been shit, poor passing, poor positioning...and the amount of times he gave the ball away in dangerous areas is hair pulling, the players we already are far better (Poulsen inc) so why do we need him?

Been found out? i hope Spurs gets him.

Edited by redsoxs

Had a great first half season, watching him over couple of months hes been shit, poor passing, poor positioning...and the amount of times he gave the ball away in dangerous areas is hair pulling, the players we already are far better (Poulsen inc) so why do we need him?

I've never been convinced by him. But I wouldn't be so quick to write him off either. In my opinion hes a decent player, hes not as bad as made out by many and equally so hes not the missing link so many others seem to think he is.

For a reasonable price, yes, he'd be worth having as a potential option. Anything over 8 million, no fucking way.

Edit: Yeah, and drop the "S".

I reckon he's gutted he's still at Blackpool. Must have thought he was off somewhere decent in Jan.

Good for us though if we do go for him, his poor displays over the last couple of months is a good bargaining tool to knock a few quid of the asking price.

But after these poor displays, would we still want him?

We never wanted him when he was in the Championship, or in Rangers' reserve side, so it was his form in the first half of the season that caught the eye; and he hasn't been able to keep it up.

Guest TK-421
Stopped reading after "the players we already are far better (Poulsen inc)".

There's not much left after that bit. Having got that far, I really think you should have read the rest of the post.

But after these poor displays, would we still want him?

We never wanted him when he was in the Championship, or in Rangers' reserve side, so it was his form in the first half of the season that caught the eye; and he hasn't been able to keep it up.

Nobody ever thought any less of Pele despite him having the same problem.

And no, that doesn't imply that Adam is remotely in the same class. Adam at the moment is struggling, and since his team seem to play through him almost exclusively, they are struggling badly too. I said back in January that he's the sort of player than needs the team to be built around him to get the best out of him and cover his shortfalls. Playing week in week out will make his game look that much better than it really is. Put him in a squad system where his appearances will be less frequent and he'll become a very ineffective player.

Adam has had Vaughan doing his dogwork for him all season whilst he takes all the free kicks, penners and takes all the headlines. They've worked together brilliantly at times this season.

Vaughan got injured a couple of weeks back and now both Adam and Blackpool are looking pretty ordinary.

Don't get me wrong I rate Adam, he's got lots of decent attributes but no central midfielder can just run the show alone, there needs to be a decent partnership or framework in place and Blackpool's is now being exposed.

Been found out? In a way yes, Blackpool’s been found out. Stop Adam and you stop Blackpool. That’s how influential he’s been for them.

From what I’ve seen of him, he’s a good solid player, who’s not been on his best form after being denied the move he wanted (surprise surprise). Think he could do a good job for us.