You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

A girl in work has just told me she has been invited to a wedding. The couple getting married are both Evertonians.

She just showed me the invitation with the details of the venue etc. Then at the bottom of the invite it says "we respectfully as that no guests wear the colour red".

How sad, bitter and pathetic do you have to be to let that influence your wedding day?. They really are a gang of negative miserable boring obsessed twats.

• Upvote 1

A girl in work has just told me she has been invited to a wedding. The couple getting married are both Evertonians.

She just showed me the invitation with the details of the venue etc. Then at the bottom of the invite it says "we respectfully as that no guests wear the colour red".

How sad, bitter and pathetic do you have to be to let that influence your wedding day?. They really are a gang of negative miserable boring obsessed twats.

That is brilliant.  

I bet they found the perfect house but had a look at the hot tap and said "not for us thanks"

• Upvote 4

Fucking unbelievable can you imagine if a Red couple said no one to wear blue they would go ape
  • Upvote 1

2017 Cruise ships start on 19 March and end on 14th October. 

About a third of those dates involve the weekend, and of course nearly four months of that time is closed season. In all seriousness, who the fuck is going to waste a short visit to Liverpool going on a tour of some team that very few people have heard of? Most will want shopping or Beatle related stuff. It's more deluded shit from the bitters. 

I'm also not quite getting my head around why they would take up valuable space on the seafront with a stadium, I mean surely it's prime real estate that they can build luxury apartments on. I just about understand the Echo Arena as it is in use a lot and brings people in to use the Albert Dock and Liverpool One. 

A Stadium for the bitters would be empty for 13 days out of 14 in the winter and all of the summer. The mad fools are even calling for it to be bigger than they need to allow them to expand. I thought that particular plan was already shown to be a failure at their current home.

This is all about trying their hardest to be better than us at something, anything. it will all end in tears, for them, for us tears of laughter as usual.

Nailed on that the new customs house will be part of this ground, where our new cruise liner arrivals can get the liverbird stamp (blue of course) in their passport and exit thru the Everton 3 souvenir shop.

Just found this and it's tenuous to say the least. Especially the Matt Damon one.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gallery/look-23-celebrities-you-not-8495735

"Matt Damon said he'll 'give Everton a look' after meeting players Leon Osman, Leighton Baines and Kevin Mirallas in LA."

Bourne not manufactured.

• Upvote 9

Just found this and it's tenuous to say the least. Especially the Matt Damon one.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gallery/look-23-celebrities-you-not-8495735

Sir Paul McCartney: "I went occasionally to watch football. My family team was Everton and I went to Goodison Park a couple of times."

Actor Sir John Hurt, of Alien fame, has been revealed as a life-long Blue.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/sir-john-hurt-norwich-city-football-club-3541404.aspx

Club saddened to hear of passing of actor and supporter

EVERYONE at Norwich City Football Club was saddened to hear of the passing of Sir John Hurt at the age of 77. 

Sir John lived in north Norfolk and became strongly affiliated with the Canaries, often cheering on the team at Carrow Road as a fan and as a guest of the Directors. 

The Bafta-winning actor also developed strong links in the local community as chancellor of Norwich University of the Arts and Patron of Cinema City. 

At this afternoon's match, supporters will lead a moment's applause on 77 minutes and the Club would like to encourage fans of both City and Birmingham City to join in as a mark of respect to Sir John and his family.

Norman Wisdom eh. 

Meanwhile, a magazine at the time picked up on the fact that while Wisdom was an Albion director, he also had a soft spot for Manchester United:

Interviewed in his dressing room at the new £100,000 Golden Garter showbar restaurant at Wythenshawe, Manchester, Norman said: “I’ve played three times at the Manchester Palace theatre and once at the Opera House and I’ve got to know the United players over the years. In fact, I saw their opening game this season at Everton and I go to watch them whenever I can.”

So he didn't even like Everton, they just happened to be playing a team he was watching at the time. 

John McEnroe

We read on the official Albion website a month or so ago that tennis greats John McEnroe and Goran Ivanisevic are both Albion fans - having been introduced to the Baggies by Albion fan and Stella Artois media manager David Law. Apparantly Goran is hoping to visit The Hawthorns for a match this coming season.

David promised both John and Goran an Albion shirt each with their names printed on the back if Albion stayed up last season and David duly obliged as both John and Goran proudly displayed their shirtsafter they arrived at the Queen's Club for the Stella Artois Challenge Match on Sunday 12th June 2005. Good to know that two of the most famous names in tennis have now been converted to supporting Albion! According to Paul Gibbons, Everton also claim McEnroe as a supporter, but predictably we say "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!"

13767051.jpg

But seriously, it's pathetic claiming certain stars are fans of football, especially Americans.

will-ferrell-chelsea.jpg

Actor-Will-Ferrell-in-the-stands-before-

Just like Will Ferrall doesn't support us. 

This is truly one of the saddest things I've ever read.

That we could be on their minds while planning their special day and that if someone were to wear red it would ruin your wedding day.

I honestly think that is one of the most pathetic things I've heard.

• Upvote 1

This is truly one of the saddest things I've ever read.

That we could be on their minds while planning their special day and that if someone were to wear red it would ruin your wedding day.

I honestly think that is one of the most pathetic things I've heard.

Tonight on UK Living's "Wedding Nightmares"

The nightmare guest who ruined her special day

"I noticed that when he crossed his legs the hem of his trousers rid up and his black sock had a RED trim.  The groom fainted, the Vicar swore at him and chased him down the aisle and out of the church.  I was in tears and my mother had a heart attack"

• Upvote 3