You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

to be honest, i think 10 points was too much and the PL fucked up asking for it. It's meant to be about sustainability, yet going into administration is only a 9 point deduction. 6 points to me feels about right and seems a punishment on a par with what we see in the EFL.

The problem is a pathetic 9 points for administration.  That should be 30 points minimum (& really should be an automatic relegation)  These things need properly punishing otherwise why even bother with these regulations in the first place.   

They have gained an unfair advantage over their rivals by breaking the rules. Had they conformed like many other clubs have done they could well have been relegated already. How much of a monetary advantage have they also gained by staying the PL

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, George Costanza said:

The problem is a pathetic 9 points for administration.  That should be 30 points minimum (& really should be an automatic relegation)  These things need properly punishing otherwise why even bother with these regulations in the first place.   

They have gained an unfair advantage over their rivals by breaking the rules. Had they conformed like many other clubs have done they could well have been relegated already. How much of a monetary advantage have they also gained by staying the PL

I don't particularly disagree with that, but the reality is when the PSR rules were voted in, they didn't establish a tarrif on punishment, so clearly it's going to fall back on what's happened before. But this is the mess you get in when the competition organisers are also the competition law enforcers. The big clubs have rightly flagged this as an issue at uefa level, but it's no different here. 

19 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Jesus, give it a fucking rest!  

The trouble with you is you've got too much to say for yourself.

Screenshot_2024-04-08-21-47-28-54_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

It truly illustrates the ridiculous unjust nature of the situation, that it's enough to rouse a man from a seven year vow of silence! This speaks more than mere words could ever do justice to.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

He has covered the situation well there. 

Won't here a word about it widely though, the story has been set that Everton are hard done by and none of it was there fault and its all on the stadium and war in Ukraine

Load that debt on….

Sorry, it i
Got to sign in or register.

What does it say.
Sorry, it is the full 10 min from Mike Gow talking about the situation regarding 777, MSP & Moshiri... really bad situation we are in, the stalemate will lead to administration.

He was saying that 777 are trying to loan the money to buy Everton from Blue Owls or whatever they are called, that will affect the club for the next decade...

My view, I think by them loaning everything to buy the club it puts us at a disadvantage to every other PL club:-

Transfer kitty, if there ever is one again, will be reduced due to these repayments and interest, also the upift in moving to BMD will be negated by this debt repayment.

Every way you look at it 777 is bad bad news... WTF is Moshiri doing! Who advises him?

image.gif

Who would have thought hounding and abusing the board could lead to them pulling out and just selling to the highest bidder no matter whats best for the club

By highest bidder i mean only bidder and the world must know they are in a shit state if nobody is willing to buy them. Funny thing is without the new stadium they would likely have seen investment. They just wont fancy the stadium debt at a club that has no large corperate boxes or can charge London prices

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

777 clearly wanting to see if they’re still a PL club come the end of the season.

Nah, 777 don't have the money to do the deal. And I think the PL knew this when they said they would support the take over should they meet the conditions. 

56 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He has covered the situation well there. 

Won't here a word about it widely though, the story has been set that Everton are hard done by and none of it was there fault and its all on the stadium and war in Ukraine

Interestingly I was listening to the Sports Agents podcast this morning. And Gabby Logan didn't take the Everton line at all, which is all I've heard on the likes of sky and talkshite. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Interestingly I was listening to the Sports Agents podcast this morning. And Gabby Logan didn't take the Everton line at all, which is all I've heard on the likes of sky and talkshite. 

Might be that i don't watch much of the pre/post match stuff but i don't remember seeing much of her lately on TV. Always thought she was decent at the job. Gave up watching all the banter bollocks thats on