You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Why the fucking are they contesting the points deduction.  They should be out celebrating this powderpuff punishment.  Absolutely pathetic from the PL and makes a mockery of any any cheating.  What kind of deterent is a few measley points.  Everton (& other clubs charged) knowingly and deliberately broke the rules.

The intital 10 points was about fair I thought and Forest should have gotten the same.  Evertons latest charge should have been more severe as it is a repeat offence. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 5Rings5Cups said:

Two points is ridiculous. 

The equivalent of being 1-0 up but then conceeding. Can happen in any game.

Pays to cheat.

Jesus, give it a fucking rest!  

The trouble with you is you've got too much to say for yourself.

Screenshot_2024-04-08-21-47-28-54_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 4

You nearly, almost, possibly, maybe fear for them - you really sort of, in a way do.....

This from an article today:

Everton will be at increased risk of administration should they ­suffer ­relegation. The latest set of accounts for the year ending 30 June 2023 revealed a loss of £89.1m and ­contained another warning over the club’s ability to continue as a going concern.

The accounts also disclosed that Everton, subject of a proposed takeover by the controversial US investment firm 777 Partners, have not secured the complete financing needed to finish the construction of their new stadium.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/08/everton-hit-with-two-point-deduction-over-second-breach-of-financial-rules

19 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

They've said this sort of shit in the past; as if they have a choice in whether or not City or Arsenal twat them.

Two years ago they got twatted by Arsenal on the last day of the season and Arsenal weren't even competing for anything.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

Doesn't surprise me from them seeing that, even if it meant relegation some of them would prefer that be the option, it's not like they need to roll over to lose to Arsenal anyway though.

All the Arsenal fans on that post are even more embarrassing though, once again the small time mentality from them showing it's head.

5 minutes ago, Tenfolder said:

Doesn't surprise me from them seeing that, even if it meant relegation some of them would prefer that be the option, it's not like they need to roll over to lose to Arsenal anyway though.

All the Arsenal fans on that post are even more embarrassing though, once again the small time mentality from them showing it's head.

Two years ago when they barely survived and we came within a point of the league, I was on the bus home from the last game of the season.  We'd won our game (and had a European final to look forward to, in the hope of adding to the two trophies we'd already won) and they'd been dry-bummed away at Arsenal.  When our bus was passing the Brick, a bunch of pissed-up gobshites were pointing at us and laughing.  

It's best not to even try to understand what goes on in their weird little heads.

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Two years ago when they barely survived and we came within a point of the league, I was on the bus home from the last game of the season.  We'd won our game (and had a European final to look forward to, in the hope of adding to the two trophies we'd already won) and they'd been dry-bummed away at Arsenal.  When our bus was passing the Brick, a bunch of pissed-up gobshites were pointing at us and laughing.  

It's best not to even try to understand what goes on in their weird little heads.

The equivalent is like you being on the 'Band Bus' with tones of fit,naked young women and them laughing while standing with their obese,teeth missing,face like thunder wife laughing at you balls deep into a fit young lady.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

They've said this sort of shit in the past; as if they have a choice in whether or not City or Arsenal twat them.

Two years ago they got twatted by Arsenal on the last day of the season and Arsenal weren't even competing for anything.

They got twatted 5-0 by Arsenal, and the blues lapped up Richie la for posting a Henry gif mocking us for missing out on the title. 

12 hours ago, George Costanza said:

Why the fucking are they contesting the points deduction.  They should be out celebrating this powderpuff punishment.  Absolutely pathetic from the PL and makes a mockery of any any cheating.  What kind of deterent is a few measley points.  Everton (& other clubs charged) knowingly and deliberately broke the rules.

The intital 10 points was about fair I thought and Forest should have gotten the same.  Evertons latest charge should have been more severe as it is a repeat offence. 

to be honest, i think 10 points was too much and the PL fucked up asking for it. It's meant to be about sustainability, yet going into administration is only a 9 point deduction. 6 points to me feels about right and seems a punishment on a par with what we see in the EFL.

This fucking nonsense yesterday, is what it is, fucking nonsense. They lost their USM money. Boo-hoo. Don't be fucking deceitful about your ownership structure then and need to rely on sponsorship that's outside of what is available on the market. If USM were providing a fair market price for sponsorship, then EFC would have had no issue replacing it, either on finch farm or the new stadium. Then as part of the last punishment, everton's defence was things were moving in the right direction, except these accounts show that was blatantly untrue. They also knew when the season started that the USM sponsorship had gone - Usmanov has been sanctioned since early 2022, so in the absence of that money and other sponsors stepping up, they needed to sell more than they did or not spend as much. They spent 70m in 22/23. They should be hit with the same 6 points, or maybe more for the lack of effort in complying and just continuing their poor behaviour. The PL didn't even ask for this. It's a fucking joke. 

image.png

The PL is begging for outside regulation with this. Zero consistency and zero ability to create a fair playing field for the clubs at the bottom of the heap. Forget about the top clubs - they will always be able to find an advantage/cheat if they are so inclined.

Its clubs in the bottom half that FFP or PSR or whatever it is going to be called should work for. 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

The PL is begging for outside regulation with this. Zero consistency and zero ability to create a fair playing field for the clubs at the bottom of the heap. Forget about the top clubs - they will always be able to find an advantage/cheat if they are so inclined.

Its clubs in the bottom half that FFP or PSR or whatever it is going to be called should work for. 

Wasn't the panel supposedly 'Independent?' What exactly does this constitute?

One blue I know is always bleating on about corruption and said they are being punished for spending on the stadium. I then sent him that paragraph above from the report and he just backtracked "well I don't know the ins and outs of it all but the cynic in me thinks that the PL want an interesting relegation battle this year". 

They never deal in any facts. They just come up with ideas based on what a few of them think then just repeat it until it becomes gospel. Usually have an over inflated opinion without knowing anything about the subject matter.

• Upvote 2