You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

10 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Newcastle had better pull their fucking fingers out tomorrow. 

If we'd beat Arsenal I'd be in two minds wanting them to win as we might have had a chance to catch them. 

6 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Top 4? That ship sailed ages ago mate. We're 9 points behind Man U and they've got a game in hand. And I can't see Newcastle dropping many points, they're a good team and we are not, sadly.

Newcastle are averaging 1.9 points per game. This would mean they drop 8 in their final 7 games. It would mean they would finish with 72 points and our maximum of 71 wouldn't be good enough. 

However, the thinking that they wont drop many points is ludicrous. They have been consistent throughout the season but they aren't Manchester City by any stretch.

If they feel the pressure of a resurgent Liverpool over the final few games, their inexperience could hurt them. 

Maybe!!!

• Upvote 1

Newcastle have momentum, which is a good thing to have at this stage of the season, but I agree, they aren’t City.

For us to get 4th, one of Man U or Newcastle have to really fuck up, but also Brighton, who still have games on us, need to fall away.

And we have to win all of our games too.

We’d need Ali to score a couple of hat tricks.

5th is achievable though.

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

I’m starting to believe now. Tomorrow is massive for them. If they lose this and then Leicester they’re at risk of being cut adrift and a gap forming between them and the teams immediately above them. 

Worrying times…

I know, I'll have to find a way to hide this erection when I go to work.

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Funny that they think they own the Liver buildings and its not Moshri company that owns 49% of them and they are not just tennants

Screenshot_20230426_220930_Chrome.jpg

Howe would do well to bring Gordon on. It would be like switching off the power to the containment unit in Ghostbusters; all the frothing loons would work themselves into too much of a frenzy to actually get behind their team.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Howe would do well to bring Gordon on. It would be like switching off the power to the containment unit in Ghostbusters; all the frothing loons would work themselves into too much of a frenzy to actually get behind their team.

88th minute dive to win a penalty in a 1-0 win. You could power Britain for a decade

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Ha ha, and you say they're not relevant? Well read below.

My concern is losing our record of nearly 70 years without relegation. The team who has spent the most seasons in the countries top flight. A premier league ever present.
Records like that actually make us relevant still and relegation takes that away.

From the GOT relegation thread.

I hope behind the scenes they are being tongue lashed every day and left in no doubt that are probably taking one of footballs most historic and decorated clubs out of the top division unless they f’ing wake up and fight for it, instead of working out which low-mid table PL team’s bench they can sit on next season.

What?!

Stats!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64985188

Stats prediction

Club   Points Played Goal difference Points per match (last 10) Gracenote's chance of relegation
Bournemouth 15th 33 32 -32 1.5 6%
Leeds 16th 30 33 -21 1.1 45%
Leicester 17th 29 33 -13 0.5 33%
Everton 18th 28 32 -22 1 51%
Nottingham Forest 19th 27 32 -33 0.3 78%
Southampton 20th 24 32 -29 0.9 89%
  • Upvote 1