You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I remember a load of them steaming into Liverpool fans behind the old main stand in 99 after we beat them 3:2. Fowler sniffing celebration game. It was mainly families and old men as well the shithouses. Lots of them are sound until you mention football but they have a breed of fans who are just vile wankers. The kind who let it be known to any new face right away that they are a blue then try and reel you into an argument. Twisted fucking bell-ends. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Anyone been on GOT today?  How's the mood over there?

It's all Messi's fault.

Walken

Player Valuation: £70m

Genuinely dont think any if this would be happening if messi hadn't flapped it at anfield, thats his legacy to me.

33 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

It's all Messi's fault.

Walken

Genuinely dont think any if this would be happening if messi hadn't flapped it at anfield, thats his legacy to me.

Brilliant. One of the best players ever to play the game and his legacy is getting beat by us. They are so fucking obsessed by us, it's is completely insane. It'd be like saying, Harvey Weinstein might be a rapist, but his legacy will surely be The Gnomes Great Adventure. 

• Upvote 2

Apparently the European cup was/is easy to win. All 6 of ours were easy. All none of theirs were easy too then I suppose.

Thomasc

Formerly known as By God I'm Blue
In fairness, they were fairly clear on their criteria and, based on that criteria, it would be hard to disagree.

Do you think that there is a case for any non Man Utd or Liverpool side being the best English side ever? I don't.

The great City, Chelsea and Arsenal sides never won a European Cup, where as the former two did - it's hard to create a reasonable set of criteria that puts any of those three above the great Utd / Liverpool sides.

Carragher said the Arsenal side was the best English side he played against. Neville said the Chelsea 04/05 side was the best English side he played against. They were certainly great teams and recognised as such, they just failed at key moments in Europe that really mattered.
yes of course there is a case.

man city won a domestic treble last season.

to date, Arsenal are the only side to go a whole season without losing.

It was far easier to win the European cup when Liverpool won it in those days. Go back and look at the teams they played on a two legged basis to get to the final. Teams like the mighty Crusaders, St Etienne and Zurich.

the European cup is exactly what it is, a cup. The best sides in their own leagues don’t even win it most years. Liverpool being an example, they year they won it and finished 5th in the premier league.

I feel sorry for anyone who knows this deluded gobshite in real life

toffeejack

toffeejack

You can buy a lot more RS crap in the charity shops, this is why there are more. A lot of kids get forced to wear cheap knock off RS gear from second hand shops. They have a massive following of people who know nothing about football and nothing about their team. They feel like wearing the tops when they're successful to start a conversation in the pub... Which lasts about 2 minutes. When Klopp leaves and they go back to average you'll see the amount of tops decrease. 

There's probably a lot of blues a bit unarsed about wearing tops atm because of the sheer embarrassment provided by the players in the last couple of years, doesn't mean we'll totally stop caring like their lot do.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

As opposed to 4 points from 6 games in a Europa League group?

Or University College Dublin, Internacinal Bratislava and Fortuna Sittard in their glorious CWC win?

"Yeah but fucking meerrdererssss aaarrrrr frraaaaggghhhhhh" 

Throw a comeback like that at a Blue and its like throwing water on a Gremlin then opening the curtains 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I feel sorry for anyone who knows this deluded gobshite in real life

toffeejack

toffeejack

You can buy a lot more RS crap in the charity shops, this is why there are more. A lot of kids get forced to wear cheap knock off RS gear from second hand shops. They have a massive following of people who know nothing about football and nothing about their team. They feel like wearing the tops when they're successful to start a conversation in the pub... Which lasts about 2 minutes. When Klopp leaves and they go back to average you'll see the amount of tops decrease. 

There's probably a lot of blues a bit unarsed about wearing tops atm because of the sheer embarrassment provided by the players in the last couple of years, doesn't mean we'll totally stop caring like their lot do.

You would seriously have to question the direction your life has taken if you're forced to wear cheap Everton knock-offs. But that isn't the Everton mindset, where every first thought is about what we're doing and how absolutely everything is somehow our fault.

I got stopped in Old Hall Street today by some Eastern European lads who wanted to know where the Liverpool megastore was so they could buy Liverpool shirts and memorabilia (their exact words). 

I started to smirk to myself thinking that if they had asked an Evertonian their heads would have exploded, would have gone off on a foul mouthed rant, been given an in depth lecture about how they were the first club to have goal nets or told them that they had to get a bus to a remote part of the Wirral. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

It's all Messi's fault.

Walken

Genuinely dont think any if this would be happening if messi hadn't flapped it at anfield, thats his legacy to me

Maradona or Ronaldo would have never bottled that game.

Puts his career in perspective now.

Toast

Toast

Messi's legacy is [Poor language removed] because of one performance? You pair of absolute maniacs.

Knocks in hat tricks against ale house teams and too scared to leave Spain.

Messi's legacy is [Poor language removed] because of one performance? You pair of absolute maniacs.

They were 3 - 0 up from the first leg. He thought he could coast and then he couldn't handle the pressure. He looked scared after the second went in.

Ronaldo would have led like a captain.

Walken

Walken

Maradona or Ronaldo would have never bottled that game.

Puts his career in perspective now.

He can score another 600 goals and all I'll remember is him shrugging his shoulders against the rs and allowing evil to prosper

He can score another 600 goals and all I'll remember is him shrugging his shoulders against the rs and allowing evil to prosper

It's all about character.

It's one thing to knock in goals against the little clubs of La Liga every week but you look to your main man at half time and he's about to soak his shorts then that's just not good enough for me.

Might as well throw his medals in the bin.

killenefc

killenefc

Shat himself in front of a noisy crowd, unforgivable. Cristiano Ronaldo would’ve got a grip of that game and done that lot irrespective of the Messi-Ronaldo argument

Shat himself in front of a noisy crowd, unforgivable. Cristiano Ronaldo would’ve got a grip of that game and done that lot irrespective of the Messi-Ronaldo argument

Is right mate.

All very good all the stats fans lapping up percentages but you can't measure will to win.

mikeh72

mikeh72

Genuinely dont think any if this would be happening if messi hadn't flapped it at anfield, thats his legacy to me

That game was an adrenaline shot for them. They now believe they will win any game from any position, they're not even arsed about going behind anymore, as soon as they concede all the mutants just start singing the LIIIIIVERPOOOOOL dirge and the players just crack on as if nothing's happened. A dangerous time for all concerned.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I got stopped in Old Hall Street today by some Eastern European lads who wanted to know where the Liverpool megastore was so they could buy Liverpool shirts and memorabilia (their exact words). 

I started to smirk to myself thinking that if they had asked an Evertonian their heads would have exploded, would have gone off on a foul mouthed rant, been given an in depth lecture about how they were the first club to have goal nets or told them that they had to get a bus to a remote part of the Wirral. 

Nah an Evertonian would have been a snide and either sent them the wrong way or told them he didn't know then spend the next week telling absolutely everyone he possibly can that "some foreign wools didn't know their way to the ground so I sent them to Prenton Park hahaha then I saw them abduct a kid straight from a pram and one of them looked like Michael Gove I laughed at them and booted one up the arse as he walked off then saved the kid then went and shagged Jessica Alba in the bogs in The Park and a load of red shite were pissing on the juventus memorial"  

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Surprised you didn’t send them off on a bus to the Wirral.

35 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

It's got to be said, I wonder how many of the people saying this shit are just reds trying to drag the odd lunatic in. They're fucking mentalists. 

The fact that we can't tell which ones are genuine and which are Kopites on the wind-up tells its own story. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Apparently the European cup was/is easy to win. All 6 of ours were easy. All none of theirs were easy too then I suppose.

Thomasc

Formerly known as By God I'm Blue
In fairness, they were fairly clear on their criteria and, based on that criteria, it would be hard to disagree.

Do you think that there is a case for any non Man Utd or Liverpool side being the best English side ever? I don't.

The great City, Chelsea and Arsenal sides never won a European Cup, where as the former two did - it's hard to create a reasonable set of criteria that puts any of those three above the great Utd / Liverpool sides.

Carragher said the Arsenal side was the best English side he played against. Neville said the Chelsea 04/05 side was the best English side he played against. They were certainly great teams and recognised as such, they just failed at key moments in Europe that really mattered.
yes of course there is a case.

man city won a domestic treble last season.

to date, Arsenal are the only side to go a whole season without losing.

It was far easier to win the European cup when Liverpool won it in those days. Go back and look at the teams they played on a two legged basis to get to the final. Teams like the mighty Crusaders, St Etienne and Zurich.

the European cup is exactly what it is, a cup. The best sides in their own leagues don’t even win it most years. Liverpool being an example, they year they won it and finished 5th in the premier league.

Does the fucking eejit not know that during this piss easy time to win the European Cup, the mighty everton got knocked out in the quarter final by the even mightier Panathinakos? They really dont help themselves, do they?

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Does the fucking eejit not know that during this piss easy time to win the European Cup, the mighty everton got knocked out in the quarter final by the even mightier Panathinakos? They really dont help themselves, do they?

But panathaniakos had a good team that year and had 2 legs and Everton didn't lose one. 

EFCPaul

EFCPaul

Player Valuation: £35m
Thought that list was very fair to be honest, though I disagree with giving 5 points for a European Cup and 4 for a League title. Should be 5 for a League and 4 for the European Cup in it's old format (pre CL). Back then it was only 9 games to win it, and about half the teams who qualified as champions of their respective countries were pony. Winning the league was always considered the most satisfying prize because it meant you'd proved you were top dogs over a pro-longed period, not just got lucky or scraped through some knock-out ties.

Had Heysel not happened Kendall's side would probably be above the likes of Clough's Forest and Nicholson's Spurs. It's highly likely we'd have won the '86 European Cup, also another league title or two and probably more domestic cups along the way. The break up of that side because of an incident that had absolutely nothing to do with the club is one of the biggest travesties in the history of the sport.