You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carradona

Just say you were away for the weekend. The've got all the details on file in the usual useless bureaucratic self perpetuating parasitical government deprtments anyway.

BTW - why the fuck is Lockheed Martin administering it?

The Census has been privatised. They probably packaged our censuses up in financial packages and sold as some sort of derivatives on the stock markets cobbled together by some nuclear scientist using obscure mathematic calculations and given AAA ratings by Goldman Sachs.

It's nothing to worry your little head about now pop the return envelope through the post or go to jail and we will fill it in for you as we will know where you will live then.

The Census has been privatised. They probably packaged our censuses up in financial packages and sold as some sort of derivatives on the stock markets cobbled together by some nuclear scientist using obscure mathematic calculations and given AAA ratings by Goldman Sachs.

It's nothing to worry your little head about now pop the return envelope through the post or go to jail and we will fill it in for you as we will know where you will live then.

The're probably planning using some ethnically targeted disease, like SARS. Mind you, if LM's satellite launches were anything to go by the'd probably miss anyway.

• 9 years later...

I nearly spat my Cadbury's drinking chocolate out last night. Watching the Dukes of Hazzard and in the ad break came this bollocks. I thought 2011 was going to be the last one.

OK then, same as last time, shred the front page, recycling with the newspapers for the rest.

13 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

I nearly spat my Cadbury's drinking chocolate out last night. Watching the Dukes of Hazzard and in the ad break came this bollocks. I thought 2011 was going to be the last one.

OK then, same as last time, shred the front page, recycling with the newspapers for the rest.

Why? They do it every 10 years and to be honest, every 5 years would make more sense (if not exactly practical) because demographic changes are a bit more frequent nowadays.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Did you believe the Mayan calendar end date?

https://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

2 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

I'm surprised you didn't bump your own, earlier thread on the subject

14 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Why, do you just make it up as you go along? That would pass the time I suppose.

We did a project on it when I was a kid, why it was needed, how the data shapes policy and stuff like that so when I was old enough to complete it in my own house I was excited.  

16 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

We did a project on it when I was a kid, why it was needed, how the data shapes policy and stuff like that so when I was old enough to complete it in my own house I was excited.  

'How it shapes policy' is exactly why it should be binned. I reckon everybody in an inner city or poorer area should tick the income above 100k a year box and confuse the hell out of the tories when they try and change the boundaries again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

'How it shapes policy' is exactly why it should be binned. I reckon everybody in an inner city or poorer area should tick the income above 100k a year box and confuse the hell out of the tories when they try and change the boundaries again.

That’s because you’re an idiot.