You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reina continues to ready the fans for summer move.

Horus

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk is because he has had an injury, once fit there wouldn't be much to this story. Szczesny has done well and will be fit soon. Injuries for goal keepers are rare and once he gets over this injury, Arsenal wouldn't have to bother about that position. Their problem areas are central defence and they will probably buy there.

There is no way we should sell Reina to any other English team.

We'll be hoping to finish higher than Arsenal and beat them to trophies so why should we strengthen them at the same time as making us weaker?

Mind you if Arsenal match the clause in his contract and he wants to go we might not have any choice.

Because Reina is better and a leader. They need leaders badly.

Still doesn't justify selling a young keeper who has done really well for them. They did not come back for him in Jan, which means that Arsene thinks that he doesn't need Reina.

Moreover they bought Szczesny because he couldn't get Reina. So he has already bought a player for that position. They already made a decision to buy someone else and that has worked out reasonably well for them.

Guest ShoePiss
Where have I insulted him?

I tell my wife to fuck off all the time, doesn't mean i don't love her!

Anyway, I'm not saying he was being underhand or sneaky in any way. But I speak Spanish and I heard the interview, and he had a chance to put it bed and he didn't.

I hope I'm proved wrong, i really do. I love Pepe as much as the next man. But this is the second or third time he's come out with this sort of thing now, and that's always where it starts.

I called Torres on it, and took some right fucking stick on here for being right about that, and the very same spider senses are tingling right now with Pepe.

Would love to be wrong, but I can smell it.

You weren't right about Torres at all, you said he was acting the prick for over 18 months. That was absolute bollocks then and it still is now.

Fucking hell, your poor wife :D

He was interviewed not long after he joined us.Think it might of been on the lfc channel.

One of the questions he was asked was does he see himself returning to Spain to play at some point.

His answer was oh yes without doubt I will go back to Spain to play.He did say though it would probably be towards the end of his footballing days.

He then went on to say probably when he was 32 or 33.He is 29 this year,so if he still intends ending his days in Spain that gives him 3 to 4 years to get winners medals.

My own feeling is he keeping his options open.If it looks to him that we wont be winning stuff within a couple of years,I think its certain he will leave.

I really don t begrudge him the chance of winning stuff with another club,if he thinks we dont look like doing much for a couple of seasons or longer.

I would hate him to go but also I can see his reasons for leaving.The sad part is all the signs are pointing towards the exit.

Comes to something when we're half hoping Arsenal sign our keeper to prevent him going to the Mancs.

I know it's unrealistic these days to think of players as human beings but have a heart Pepe lad for fucks sake.

I doubt even Torres would have gone there. Surely he couldn't have the brass neck to go to them.

I saw the way Pepe celebrated our first goal against the Mancs last week.

Relax people, he won't be going there.

As for whether he'll still be here next season, I actually think he will now.

We're turning a corner and we're moving up again and that will be enough to keep him.

Guest San Don
Comes to something when we're half hoping Arsenal sign our keeper to prevent him going to the Mancs.

I know it's unrealistic these days to think of players as human beings but have a heart Pepe lad for fucks sake.

I kind of agree but there's no way he should even contemplate joining one of our rivals in the PL.

Still can't see why it seems to have become TLW fact that Pepe is off. I'm convinced he'll be hear next season.

I wouldn't call it fact, just a case of not being naive when he's being punctilious about refusing to rule it out. His comments since Torres left have all been hinting that he'll go if we're not in Europe next season, and doesn't have too much compunction about where. Of course I'd love to be proved wrong, but there's been a distinct change in his mien this season and it would be foolish to ignore that out of hand.

Edited by zigackly

I wouldn't call it fact, just a case of not being naive when he's being punctilious about refusing to rule it out. His comments since Torres left have all been hinting that he'll go and doesn't have too much compunction about where. Of course I'd love to be proved wrong, but there's been a distinct change in his mien this season and it would be foolish to ignore that.

I accept your point mate, but a lot of these quotes originated in the week or so after Torres left and seem to have been drip fed and re-hashed ever since.

I don't deny that he may be a bit disheartened by what's gone on but who isn't? One thing I did agree with that Torres said when he left was that it's a totally different club to what it was a few years ago. The Spanish influence has diminished greatly, we have new owners and whereas a few years ago quarter final stages of the CL was seen as an average season, now we'll be lucky to make the Europa League. His best mates have also left which would have an effect on anyone.

Since January he'll be the first to recognise that things have improved greatly. We've performed better than anyone in the league since Kenny came in, we've signed two top class strikers (Suarez especially has took England by storm), the chief exec position has been filled, and all the noises from the club suggest that we'll be spending big in the summer. There's also the prospect of some news on the stadium front. The club is finally stable and I'm sure that Pepe will recognise that. Despite any misgivings or doubts he may have I still think he will be here next season at least.

Maybe you're right Randy, but it sits ill with me when he refuses to rule out going to rival clubs and I'm shy of giving anyone the benefit of the doubt since Torres defection.

Pepe's been one of my favourite players for a while now and I'll be gutted if he goes, but in all honesty if he's not 100% for us then it's for the best if he does.

Maybe you're right Randy, but it sits ill with me when he refuses to rule out going to rival clubs and I'm shy of giving anyone the benefit of the doubt since Torres defection.

Pepe's been one of my favourite players for a while now and I'll be gutted if he goes, but in all honesty if he's not 100% for us then it's for the best if he does.

I agree zig, the Torres situation has basically made me trust no one and that includes Pepe. I've accepted now that talk is cheap and people will say one thing but do another and I'd be lying if I said I hadn't in some way prepared myself for Pepe following him out. I just don't think it will be this Summer, and I have enough faith in him to see the improvement and want to be a part of it for another year at least.

I don't like the recent quotes from Patches and that Bulgarian keeper we had - Mihailov?

Patches said all the Spainish players are leaving, which is a bit ambiguous, but the keeper specifically said that Reina looks like going back to Spain.

I reckon he's currently odds on to leave and we have till the end of the season and the beginning of the transfer window to prove that we will be top 4 next year.

I don't like the recent quotes from Patches and that Bulgarian keeper we had - Mihailov?

Patches said all the Spainish players are leaving, which is a bit ambiguous, but the keeper specifically said that Reina looks like going back to Spain.

I reckon he's currently odds on to leave and we have till the end of the season and the beginning of the transfer window to prove that we will be top 4 next year.

Fuck him