You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The god Delusion: Richard Dawkins

niallers

I disagree with so many of you on so many issues now that's it's pointless really. I bring something up, a group replies, I have to be wrong, etc. It's a waste of time. I'm glad I'm about done with it all.

When you bring something up, if various individuals (NOT a group) disagree with you and point out why they disagree with you, don't you think it would be smart to consider what they're saying and reevaluating your own position in the light of new information?  Or is it better to just fling insults around and dismiss anyone who doesn't agree with you?

What's the smart thing to do?  What would Plato do?

When you bring something up, if various individuals (NOT a group) disagree with you and point out why they disagree with you, don't you think it would be smart to consider what they're saying and reevaluating your own position in the light of new information?  Or is it better to just fling insults around and dismiss anyone who doesn't agree with you?

What's the smart thing to do?  What would Plato do?

I have changed my views on things before, but the group never budges, so I'm out. The group isn't always right. I'm not dragging this out either, I'll just stop posting shortly.

Or is it better to just fling insults around and dismiss anyone who doesn't agree with you?

Try dealing with posters like Numero and Cardie for months on end and get back to me. It's just double standards what you're saying there.

I post something that the group doesn't like, I get trolled or ridiculed, and the people that set me off are ignored because they're not challenging the group view. It's just bullshit and you know it.

• Upvote 1

Is it sometimes wise for the group to reevaluate their position if an individual posts enough evidence? Or should they just ridicule and neg.

And Numero, are you fucking 5 years old with those neg runs on my posts or what? They just make me laugh you know. The rep thing is just a number connected to my account. A number. It doesn't actually do anything to harm me. So try calming down with your neg obsession maybe.

• Upvote 1

open-minded maverick that all the squares can't cope with, has it?

That's just a similar type of phrase that some of you are starting to use. I never said none of you could cope with what I'm saying, and I know I'm wrong at times. But I'm not always fucking wrong. It's herd mentality bullshit and I'm done now. No more posts here.

Try dealing with posters like Numero and Cardie for months on end and get back to me. It's just double standards what you're saying there.

I post something that the group doesn't like, I get trolled or ridiculed, and the people that set me off are ignored because they're not challenging the group view. It's just bullshit and you know it.

I honestly haven't taken a great interest in this thread RP, nor do I wish to appear judgemental or to take sides, but I'd like to see you just take a backward step, chill out a touch and be happier.

I don't like to see people being unhappy or isolated or feeling victimised, I hope you're ok mate. I think you're ok.

• Upvote 3

Again.

Everyone else is an unenlightened sheep but you.

Ok I'll post one more time : that's called a strawman load of shit. I really expected better of you, but no big deal as I don't have to respond to you in this thread any longer.

And thanks Carvalho and Jairzinho, I'm fine really. It gets boring getting wound up over the internet at a certain point, and I've definitely hit that point now.

I don't think I'm enlightened, I know we're all equal and I'm no better than anyone else. It does not fucking make you lot always right though, no matter how you twist it. You're too invested in me having to be wrong at this stage, some of you just can't hack that I might be right on anything. Not anything. The group has never always been right, this has been proven throughout history and it'll be repeatedly proven again. And no I don't have to be some maverick, enlightened person, etc, just to prove a few of you wrong. It's no big deal really, and yes it is herd mentality bullshit.

I've said I'll stop posting a lot and yes that's tiresome, it won't be now though because I can simply stop (this is usually where Numero, or Cardie, or someone else, comes in with some smart-arsed comments, have fun with it.)

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'd have pointed out the same discrepancies in the poorly researched, heavily biased, arguments (of which they are varied and many) if you, or anyone else, had posted them.

And I've asked him a question. The real issue isn't me or you, it's the way RP thinks and acts. Had he come on here and said something like: 'I know there is a group of academics on here, what's your opinion on peer-review? After reading something on a blog I'm starting to think it is open to corruption', he would have got a serious response. Instead, he chose to start ranting about pseudoscientific, bought and paid for cunts with their idiotic peer review, and if only we weren't so closed minded, we would accept it. Then chooses to avoid perfectly reasonable questions, choosing insults instead, about the validity of his own statements.

I font really get why Jairz is talking about me as if I'm harming the guy. I think there's more harm just letting him go full on nutjob, than explaining why he gets the reaction he does. If he changes his posting style, he'll be fine.

From what I can tell, he has had similar problems on other forums, even having to leave because of the way he has spoken to people, and admitted that he has a problem with all this stuff. I was glad he was messing with music. Why he had to come back and do all this again makes me think he's a troll. He keeps brining my name up, too. He used to be a daft but harmless guy, but now he's aggressive and ignorant, and has convinced himself he's helping people with his 'research', then flips when questioned. If he wants unquestioning drones to accept his blog posts without thought, he's posting it in the wrong place.

• Upvote 1