You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

I hope this was an attempt of a joke?

I ask since sometimes its difficult to know in writing.

By 'your' I didn't mean you specifically but no, no joke. I wouldn't agree that stats are an equal to what you see in terms of evaluating a player. If this isn't what you meant then ignore it.

Getting all aeriated on a thread about a transfer window that's still open for the best part of a couple of months seems a little bizarre to me. One thing debating the relative merits, another lobbing all the toys out of the pram this early. Where do you go from here? You've got to keep your tinder dry - always retain some headroom for opprobrium.

Some of you have peaked far too early. You're wiping your cock on the duvet, getting dressed and sloping out the door quietly while this subject has barely got it's knickers off.

When is he ever fucking fit?

Same question to you.

You said he's twice the player Agger will ever be, you didn't say anything about injuries, and ability has nothing to do with injuries.

If I posted something along the lines of "Insua is twice the player Aurelio will ever be" then try to justify it by saying Insua is fit for more games than Aurelio, I'd rightly be laughed at.

In case you haven't noticed, We've made a bid for the player in the last couple of days and it is being reported that we're upping our bid. It's also being reported that we might be in a battle for Mata's signature. If you think fans are not going to, or shouldn't talk about players we're bidding for, just because you don't like it, then you've gone fucking mental.

I tell you what is fucking boring: you keeping coming on telling people what they should and shouldn't discuss, and commenting on people's posting practices. At least people are actually talking about players, especially those we've just made a bid for.

If you find it boring, then fine, you're free not to read it. Others want to discuss it. If you don't like it, it's tough.

EDIT:

Again, we're being linked with them right now. We're making bids on one or both of them right now. How about you send us each a PM telling us what you'd like us to say and when we should post it. Maybe then we'd be done with your commentary on the commenting habits of this thread.

Wor Horse is the most boring, sarcastic, self obsessed prick goin. I don't even think he exists.. hes like a default internet character or some shit

By 'your' I didn't mean you specifically but no, no joke. I wouldn't agree that stats are an equal to what you see in terms of evaluating a player. If this isn't what you meant then ignore it.

Its not what I meant at all, but let me explain a bit further so there are no misunderstandings.

When I say that what you see with your own eyes is only about 50% of it I mean you see the 50% left with your brain.

many think that what they see with their eyes is everything there is to it though and that obviously creates problems from time to time.

Stats had nothing to do with it.

Fuck! If only I was as cool as Alonso's beard..

No one, unfortunately, is actually as cool as Mr Alonso and his beard. We just tell ourselves we are in the vain hope that one day we might be. Having said that, i am sporting some cool miami vice style designer stubble right now. Still not in Xabi's league though.

No one, unfortunately, is actually as cool as Mr Alonso and his beard. We just tell ourselves we are in the vain hope that one day we might be. Having said that, i am sporting some cool miami vice style designer stubble right now. Still not in Xabi's league though.

This calls for a new debate.. Who can grow a cooler beard... Alonso or Mata..?

'I want to help us win trophies'

7th Jul 2011 - Latest News

Charlie Adam completed his move to Liverpool and immediately declared: 'Let's bring the good times back!'

spacer.gif

Click the image below to watch our interview with Adam

play_350_charlie_adam__4e1579072fbdc110497676.jpg

Adam put the finishing touches to his move from Blackpool after successfully passing a medical and putting pen to paper on his new Anfield deal.

With speculation rife for months that the Scottish midfielder would be on his way to Merseyside, Adam is now happy to focus on the future and play his part in the club's quest for honours.

"I am absolutely delighted to be here," he told Liverpoolfc.tv. "It has been a long process but now I can't wait to get started and hopefully this will be a successful period in my career and in the club's history.

"Liverpool is a massive club with terrific players and a terrific manager. You have seen since the new manager came in the forward strides that have been made. Kenny has a terrific respect from players and people in the game. He is a wonderful manager and it's an honour to be able to say I'm going to be able to play for Liverpool.

"I see this as the perfect development for me to come here, play with such wonderful players and hopefully help the team to win trophies, because that's the most important thing.

"I'm delighted to be able to walk out on the same pitch as some of the players here. There are good players at the club, top, top players who I want to learn from. I want to become a better player and hopefully bring something to the team.

"Hopefully we can have a successful period because it's been missing now for a couple of years. At the end of the day you get judged on trophies and as a footballer you want to win as many as you can. This club has had a lot of success over the years, so let's get back to doing that."

adam500.jpg

Adam silenced the Kop last season by netting a penalty at the Kop end during Blackpool's shock 2-1 Anfield victory - but now he's looking forward to instead putting smiles on the faces of Liverpool fans.

"Since I've known about Liverpool's interest I've been looking at the website and obviously playing here last season, the passion of the supporters, they know what it means and they're there to support the team. That's what you want as a player, to know the fans will back you to the hilt through thick and thin.

"I tasted Anfield last year, scoring here was an unbelievable feeling and hopefully I've got many more days like that as a Liverpool player."

One thing Adam could be forgiven for is feeling a sense of relief at no longer having to face a daily bombardment of messages on his Twitter account from fans desperate for a transfer update.

"It's been difficult because everyone has been asking what's happening and I haven't known," he said. "I'm just glad it's done now and I can focus on the football. I'm here to play football and we are looking forward to a successful season and a successful future for Liverpool Football Club."

Wor Horse is actually one of the better posters left on here right now.

It's all a matter of opinion though, and that's healthy. What isn't healthy, is the obsession a number of people have, of continuing to ignore the arguments laid out, and the points made, to instead, spew out bile about other posters, and how much better they are, and how above this they all are.

Well that's fine too, but why bother posting such shit. Take on the arguments, not the person. I happen to agree with NV on this matter, and he's a poster I'll always read. I don't always agree with him, and we've had a couple of disagreements in the past, but he addresses the relevant points, not whether he thinks I'm a cunt (which, I am, by the way).

Forums are supposed to be places where we go to discuss the issues, and we all let our passion carry away with us at times. We're Liverpool fans, for fucks sake. Getting our fans to agree on everything would be like trying to herd cats, but I really don't get the desire by some people to shout people down, as though that wins them the debate and ends discussion. There are some people on here I don't like, and probably a shit load more that feel the same way about me, but I'd feel like a cunt if I ever just shouted them down.

It's all a matter of opinion though, and that's healthy. What isn't healthy, is the obsession a number of people have, of continuing to ignore the arguments laid out, and the points made, to instead, spew out bile about other posters, and how much better they are, and how above this they all are.

Well that's fine too, but why bother posting such shit. Take on the arguments, not the person. I happen to agree with NV on this matter, and he's a poster I'll always read. I don't always agree with him, and we've had a couple of disagreements in the past, but he addresses the relevant points, not whether he thinks I'm a cunt (which, I am, by the way).

Forums are supposed to be places where we go to discuss the issues, and we all let our passion carry away with us at times. We're Liverpool fans, for fucks sake. Getting our fans to agree on everything would be like trying to herd cats, but I really don't get the desire by some people to shout people down, as though that wins them the debate and ends discussion. There are some people on here I don't like, and probably a shit load more that feel the same way about me, but I'd feel like a cunt if I ever just shouted them down.

Excellent post have some rep.

I'm all for getting Adam and Downing. It's all about squad depth when it comes down to it. Don't want us to get fucked because we get injuries. Some people say our budget is around 50-80m£ + sales. Some say we don't have a budget. We'll spend what we need to spend.

If we have players like Adam & Downing on the bench instead of players like Cole and Poulsen it's not gonna do us any harm. Is it? Spice up these signings with the Mata's et all. Sorted.

DEPTH

Agreed.

its why The Scum have won the league so many times in recent years.Strength in numbers.

Nice little interview with Comolli:

Director of Football Damien Comolli speaks about Charlie Adam, set pieces, transfer strategy and how he believes there will be plenty more comings and goings at Liverpool over the coming months.

How pleased are you to have completed this deal for Charlie Adam?

I'm very pleased. It's been a long chase since the end of January but we've always kept our interest because we knew he was a quality player. We knew he was very, very, very keen on coming here, he wanted to wear the Liverpool shirt. For Kenny, he was a priority and we've done everything we could to get him. We are delighted.

You alluded to this but it's been a bit of a saga. There must be an element of relief?

It was a bit of a saga. We're relieved because there were other buyers, other takers. But the fact is the player said to all the clubs that approached him that he wanted to join Liverpool. This made it easier for us to do the deal. It's a relief when you sign a player because it's a long process - and this one was even longer because it went over two transfer windows and six months.

You mention how Charlie has shown a real desire to join this club - how important is that for you?

It's important for two reasons. The first one is that you want players who want to come, you want players who want to play for the club, you want players who are committed. Then, from a more financial and business side, obviously when a player speaks to several clubs, inevitably the deal becomes more difficult. But in the case of Charlie it was very different because he basically said, 'I only want to play for Liverpool.'

When you and Kenny were scouting him - what made you think, 'This is the player for us'?

A little bit of everything. If you look at him physically, he's very impressive. He's got the power, the strength, the stamina, and then technically he's got an absolutely fantastic left foot. We were looking with Kenny at data on how well Blackpool did at set pieces last season. If you look at them, they are at the very top of the Premier League. That's another reason to bring in a player like this - he's going to bring a lot to us in the run of play but also set plays.

Set plays are so important in the Premier League these days, aren't they?

It's around 35 per cent of the goals, so the more we have players who can take set plays, the better. We know Jordan Henderson used to take all the set plays at Sunderland and do it well. Charlie was doing the same for Blackpool. I've just watched some of the highlights of some of the goals he scored from direct free-kicks. He's a complete package of a very modern midfield player who can do several things on the pitch. And he brings this left foot that we didn't have in midfield until now.

He was nominated for Player of the Season in 2010-11 - but have we seen the best of Charlie Adam yet? How much room is there for him to improve?

I think he can improve because with age comes experience. He had the first year in the Premier League, and with more experience he's going to understand the game in the Premier League more. Also, training on a daily basis with the quality of player we have here will stretch him as a player - physically, mentally and tactically. Training with the best helps you to become better - and I think that's what we're going to see.

Liverpool have been heavily linked with a lot of players. This is our second signing. How happy are you with how things are going in this transfer window?

We are very pleased because the two signings we've done were absolute priorities on our list. When you go into a transfer window you always have X number of targets, and it's very rare you get all of them. We're lucky we've got two of our priorities. That's good, and I'm sure there'll still be a lot of movement, especially going out but also, hopefully, a few more coming in.

There is a lot of talk in newspapers about our strategy in the transfer market - is there a strategy and, if so, what is it?

There is always a strategy. It's about players who we've identified through the year. You identify players in positions where you think you're weak or, if not weak, you think you can get better or add an extra body. There is a strategy in terms of profile of players we want to bring in: the mentality, the attitude, the work ethic - and the age is also a factor. People think about the citizenship and passport - but this doesn't really matter as much as what I've just said.

'

It's important for two reasons. The first one is that you want players who want to come, you want players who want to play for the club, you want players who are committed. Then, from a more financial and business side, obviously when a player speaks to several clubs, inevitably the deal becomes more difficult. But in the case of Charlie it was very different because he basically said, 'I only want to play for Liverpool.

This is my favourite paragraph. I think the same applies to Downing too.

Obviously the player needs to be good enough, but to also have that desire to maybe give a little bit extra when other players might not. It's a reason I love players like Kuyt so much.

The desire to play for Liverpool Football Club is paramount. Fuck mercenaries.

'

This is my favourite paragraph. I think the same applies to Downing too.

Obviously the player needs to be good enough, but to also have that desire to maybe give a little bit extra when other players might not. It's a reason I love players like Kuyt so much.

The desire to play for Liverpool Football Club is paramount. Fuck mercenaries.

John Barnes wasn't busting a gut to sign for us. He's one of our best ever.

Some interesting rumours on Friday's gossip column on the BBC Sport website.

Allardyce looking to buy Konchesky & Cole ( mentions £7.5m the pair !!! )

We are getting pissed off with the Downing fee & looking at Michel Bastos for £12m

Arsenal favourites for Mata ( seeing the article quotes £15m I am not worrying unduly )