You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

This, 100 times.

Say what you will about Skrtel, I accept all opinions, but you have to be fucking blind to say he's good in the air. He can't head a ball to save his life.

re: Dalglish\Downing - are you serious?

I wish people would stop going back 20-40 years in time to prove a point about a transfer today. It's a completely different world, football is completely different, do you really think a player of Kenny's quality and class would still be at Celtic at the age of 27 today? He'd be snapped up at 18 at the very latest.

You've not heard of Henrik Larsson then? He could've easily scored 20-25 goals a season in the premiership if he had made the move.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I'm just following the conversation, Coro. Sorry if it's a bit basic for you. Maybe there's a highbrow forum somewhere for the real smart folk such as yourself.

Easy Tom, he'll threaten to beat you up in a minute.

You're getting negged for this. I've backed up my assertion that you were wrong, with stats.

How on earth does those stats imply in any way that I`m wrong?

Stats is a good tool, at least if you understand them and what they are telling.

Like I said, the stats will not show the times Skretel was out of position to let the opposition get a free header or all the time in the world insixde our box.

If you look at minutes played and actual challenges he has been involved in you start to get the picture.

Like I said, not very impressive stats from Skretle in any way, but again you have to look at the whoel picture and actually understand what you are looking at.

I think you are smart enough to do that so I think you should give it another try.

Skrtel >>>>>>>> Cahill and Dann

Most of our fans don't watch Bolton or Brum regularly but lap up what sky says and believe that those two are better than Martin. Skrtel improved massively since Kenny and Clarke took over. Remember some cunt saying that Cahill ( 'individually brilliant' ) was far superior even though Bolton were leaking goals like a busted hydrant.

stats are useful but not the end all and be all....otherwise we'd have a killer manager app in the dugout and kenny would be sitting on a beach updating the software!! Skirts has his faults, no matter decent stats and one needs to actually see them first hand to identify them and show the limitations of only studying those given stats! I agree with Code

How on earth does those stats imply in any way that I`m wrong?

Stats is a good tool, at least if you understand them and what they are telling.

Like I said, the stats will not show the times Skretel was out of position to let the opposition get a free header or all the time in the world insixde our box.

If you look at minutes played and actual challenges he has been involved in you start to get the picture.

Like I said, not very impressive stats from Skretle in any way, but again you have to look at the whoel picture and actually understand what you are looking at.

I think you are smart enough to do that so I think you should give it another try.

Look i'm not trying to prove Skrtel is the best defender in the league, according to the stats last season he made 5 defensive errors. That tells me he can't have been out of position that often. (ftr that's the same number of errors as vidic).

Your gripe is that he gives away too much space. I will refer to all the people that say he is too physical in the area (holding the shirt, giving away stupid fouls around the area etc). Both of those statements can't be true can they?

At the end of the day, take it as you will. You've said he's poor in the air, that's clearly a myth. You've then backtracked by saying that his percentage is only high because he's giving away too much space. I'm not expecting you to admit defeat to this but i'd like you to have a little subjectivity, the myth that Skrtel is a bad defender is just that, a myth.

Look i'm not trying to prove Skrtel is the best defender in the league, according to the stats last season he made 5 defensive errors. That tells me he can't have been out of position that often. (ftr that's the same number of errors as vidic).

Your gripe is that he gives away too much space. I will refer to all the people that say he is too physical in the area (holding the shirt, giving away stupid fouls around the area etc). Both of those statements can't be true can they?

At the end of the day, take it as you will. You've said he's poor in the air, that's clearly a myth. You've then backtracked by saying that his percentage is only high because he's giving away too much space. I'm not expecting you to admit defeat to this but i'd like you to have a little subjectivity, the myth that Skrtel is a bad defender is just that, a myth.

1. I said he is terrible at defending his zone in the box as he gives away far to much space.

Your stats does not tell us anything about this obviously, but since Skrtel is involved in less challenges than the other players I would compare him to when you also look at minutes played your stats if anything back up my view and it is a fact.

2. I said that the few times he actually gets involved in a challenge inside the box, especially in the air his headers are more likely to go either straight up or backwards instead of forward.

Again this will not be picked up in your stats, Skrtel gets a won challenge no matter where he heads the ball as long as he gets to it first, so a won challenge does not say anything about his heading ability.

So please explain to me again where I was wrong?

haha.

A self annointed smart fellow who likes to fight? Who does he think he is; Vladmir Klitschko?

Oh, don't listen to that cloud of misinformation and endless tittle tattle.

Hearts and minds, Major. You only wish to follow the conversation where others blaze a trail. What kind of Major are you, huh?

He is terrible defending his zone inside the box, the nomber of times he is giving away free headers or just too much space inside our box is doing my head in.

The few times he actually win a header the ball has more of a chance of going staright up or backwards than forward, for a CB thats not really good enough and this is before we start talking about stupid fouls etc.

His lack of ability to defend his zone especially in the air inside the box is why I want him replaced and why I never have rated him though.

I think Code's about covered it there. Apart from the stupid fouls thing. Though he seems to have improved on that front lately to be fair.

I dont agree with you Code. I think he was unrecognisable from the player of 2009 - 2010 and the Hodgson reign of shit, that almost every player was affected by, once Kenny got the ship on an even keel. If we can get better then we should but I don't think the likes of Cahill or Dann are that player.

What exactly is your beef?

People with differing opinions to your own?

You.

Repeating the same boring, tedious shite constantly as if you know more than Dalglish. Fuck off.

Come on, NWT, they've ever right to question the sanity of this. I don't know what is going on behind the scenes, so I might well be wrong, but everything is indicating that Downing is our number 1 target, and Mata is secondary.

You might want Downing, and that's fine, but some don't see the sense in what is being reported.

Exactly. You don't know anything yet so why bother discussing it again and again. It's boring. You open the thread expecting to see new discussions and links to players but no, it's you, Major Tom, Ben and whoever us telling us for the millionth that Mata is better than Downing. We could end up with both.

There's 54 days of the window left. It's far too early to be discussing the merits of signing Mata over Downing or vice versa when neither or both could be Liverpool players by September.

It's frankly fucking boring.

oh that's who he is! I thought I recognised the cuntishness from somewhere.

Says a man on the internet who's whole existence is wumming?

Right then.

Since when did this place hate people questioning our manager's signings or decisions?

It's a forum fuck sake.

When did this place turn into people calling every player the manager signs shite?

Oh wait.....

Fuck this anyway I can't be arsed.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Exactly. You don't know anything yet so why bother discussing it again and again.

In case you haven't noticed, We've made a bid for the player in the last couple of days and it is being reported that we're upping our bid. It's also being reported that we might be in a battle for Mata's signature. If you think fans are not going to, or shouldn't talk about players we're bidding for, just because you don't like it, then you've gone fucking mental.

It's boring. You open the thread expecting to see new discussions and links to players but no, it's you, Major Tom, Ben and whoever us telling us for the millionth that Mata is better than Downing.

It's frankly fucking boring.

I tell you what is fucking boring: you keeping coming on telling people what they should and shouldn't discuss, and commenting on people's posting practices. At least people are actually talking about players, especially those we've just made a bid for.

If you find it boring, then fine, you're free not to read it. Others want to discuss it. If you don't like it, it's tough.

EDIT:

There's 54 days of the window left. It's far too early to be discussing the merits of signing Mata over Downing or vice versa when neither or both could be Liverpool players by September.

Again, we're being linked with them right now. We're making bids on one or both of them right now. How about you send us each a PM telling us what you'd like us to say and when we should post it. Maybe then we'd be done with your commentary on the commenting habits of this thread.

Edited by Numero Veinticinco

1. I said he is terrible at defending his zone in the box as he gives away far to much space.

Your stats does not tell us anything about this obviously, but since Skrtel is involved in less challenges than the other players I would compare him to when you also look at minutes played your stats if anything back up my view and it is a fact.

2. I said that the few times he actually gets involved in a challenge inside the box, especially in the air his headers are more likely to go either straight up or backwards instead of forward.

Again this will not be picked up in your stats, Skrtel gets a won challenge no matter where he heads the ball as long as he gets to it first, so a won challenge does not say anything about his heading ability.

So please explain to me again where I was wrong?

I have tried so let's just leave it, eh?