You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Espanyol may be Christian Poulsen's prospective employer. Poulsen's advisor, Richard Bonnesen, said he has received a request from the Spanish club.

"I've been approached by an agent representing Espanyol, but there's nothing concrete yet" says Bonnesen to sporten.dk.

He also said there are other suitors for Poulsen, who have no prospect of playing for Liverpool this season.

The lack of playing time has already had repercussions on the national team, where the normal state has been rejected for the squad in the European Championship qualifying match against Norway on 6 September.

Christian Poulsen, who joined Liverpool last summer from Juventus, has previously committed itself in the best Spanish football series with success. From 2006 to 2008 he appeared as the Seville.

Google translation

Espanyol may be Christian Poulsen's prospective employer. Poulsen's advisor, Richard Bonnesen, said he has received a request from the Spanish club.

"I've been approached by an agent representing Espanyol, but there's nothing concrete yet" says Bonnesen to sporten.dk.

He also said there are other suitors for Poulsen, who have no prospect of playing for Liverpool this season.

The lack of playing time has already had repercussions on the national team, where the normal state has been rejected for the squad in the European Championship qualifying match against Norway on 6 September.

Christian Poulsen, who joined Liverpool last summer from Juventus, has previously committed itself in the best Spanish football series with success. From 2006 to 2008 he appeared as the Seville.

Google translation

Happy days!

Since the Bellamy thing appears to be dying on its arse why not go in for this lad before the Arse conclude the deal?

Monaco striker Park Chu-Young - a reported target for Liverpool - is seemingly set to sign for Arsenal.

According to BBC Sport, the South Korea international will fly to London on Saturday in order to undego a medical and complete a move to the Emirates Stadium.

With reports in June claiming Liverpool were considering a bid for the 26-year-old, it was claimed Park had his sights set on a move to Anfield.

It was alleged that Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli was keeping a keen eye on the former FC Seoul forward but it is unknown whether or not a formal offer materialised.

Should Liverpool still retain an interest in Park, then it would now appear they have lost the race to sign him after Arsenal had an undisclosed offer accpeted by Monaco.

Arsene Wenger confirmed on Friday that he had hopes of signing a striker before the transfer window to compensate for the expected loss of Nicklas Bendtner.

The Arsenal boss also reubuffed suggestions that the Gunners made a 'derisory' bid for Bolton defender Gary Cahill, although he did confirm an offer of sorts had been tabled.

Along with Cahill, Arsenal are still thought to be interested in Phil Jagielka as Wenger pursues defensive reinforcements.

Liverpool target Park Chu-Young flies in for Arsenal medical | Give Me Football

Park took the first part of a medical with Lille, went back to his hotel & was due to return for the second part when he suddenly flew to London without a word. Lille officials were left at the hotel scratching their heads & wondering where he'd gone until they saw the press reports. Would be hilarious if we kidnapped him from Arsenal

Lille are apparently so pissed off that there's no chance of Arsenal getting Eden Hazard now

Guest ShoePiss
Park took the first part of a medical with Lille, went back to his hotel & was due to return for the second part when he suddenly flew to London without a word. Lille officials were left at the hotel scratching their heads & wondering where he'd gone until they saw the press reports. Would be hilarious if we kidnapped him from Arsenal

Lille are apparently so pissed off that there's no chance of Arsenal getting Eden Hazard now

Fucking hell, what a twat.

Where did you hear this? Hope the Hazard part is true!

If that rumour is true I don't want that kind of player at Liverpool, period boint blank. Leaves the way clear for us for hazard?

Thought we played really well in large patches yesterday and Lucas had a really good game. I heard Dalglish really praising him for the job he did yesterday. His job is vital and gives us the plaform for the likes of Adam and the others to play.

I think if we get Coates and Bellamy we will have real strength in depth virtually every position. My only concern is that, and I know it may sould petty to some after winning 3-0, but there were times at 1-0 yesterday where we let Bolton have too much of the ball and feel better teams would have made more of that. Furthermore if we lose Lucas for any period of time we do not really have anyone in the squad that can perform that role.

People will probably jump on that comment and say Spearing but in my opinion he does not quite have enough and in the games against United/Chelsea we would be exposed.

I do not think it will happen before the end of the window but if Dalglish was able to bring in somebody with a real physical presence, who offers what Lucas does and provides competition for that position I think we would be well set for getting in the top four at least.

Does anyone think we'll pull a signing out the blue on deadline day?

I reckon Bellamy is our last possible arrival and that we'll shift Poulsen and Cole on loan.

If we don't get Bellamy I could see us hanging onto Ngog until January.

We've done some great business so far.

Thought we played really well in large patches yesterday and Lucas had a really good game. I heard Dalglish really praising him for the job he did yesterday. His job is vital and gives us the plaform for the likes of Adam and the others to play.

I think if we get Coates and Bellamy we will have real strength in depth virtually every position. My only concern is that, and I know it may sould petty to some after winning 3-0, but there were times at 1-0 yesterday where we let Bolton have too much of the ball and feel better teams would have made more of that. Furthermore if we lose Lucas for any period of time we do not really have anyone in the squad that can perform that role.

People will probably jump on that comment and say Spearing but in my opinion he does not quite have enough and in the games against United/Chelsea we would be exposed.

I do not think it will happen before the end of the window but if Dalglish was able to bring in somebody with a real physical presence, who offers what Lucas does and provides competition for that position I think we would be well set for getting in the top four at least.

Someone left early to beat the traffic!

A last minute swoop for Hazard would be nice. Doubt it though. Coates and maybe Bellamy.

Any truth in the Affelay rumours? Heard that DCs spain trip was because of this. Spurs seem willing to offer Bellamy longer contract too. Affelay would be a fantastic siging with amazing pace.

Affelay, like Hazard, would be a great signing. But, like Hazard, it's wishful thinking.

Once Coates is done I'm happy with the summer, I'll sit back with my fingers in my ears and if anything else happens it'll be a pleasant surprise (like when I woke up the other day checked the offal and saw we'd shifted Insua).

Affeley would be an excellent signing. Didn't he say he wants to stay with Barca though.

Ive heard that Affelay was partly regarded as a pure buy and sell for profit as he signed for a ridiculous amount (3-5 mill i think). Besides, he played 16 games last year, and he does not start.

I also heard from the same source that the talks between the clubs indicated both clubs wanted the trade. We will probably know more tomorrow. Maybe dependent on Bellamys decision, and whether we can offload Cole and Poulsen.

I think Bellamy will be our last signing. Don't see any others coming in, unless there is a younth team player we're after or something like that.

I think we done some great business in this transfer window so far (ins and outs), and I don't think anyone can complain, but I'd be more confident with another striker.