You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How does Ferguson influence that?

Making wrong decisions will influence that. not Ferguson.

Ferguson influences that by claiming the ref didnt give his team this decison or that decision and the authorities shit themselves and demote the ref and Utd get another favourable referee.

And refs now seem to give every little thing to make sure that they get the majority right.

It seems its better to give decisions where theres an element of doubt to ensure the referee is actually staying in control of the game rather than letting it flow like good refs actually do,or used to at least.

Webb was a decent referee in the lower leagues but as soon as he and a few others like him hit the top level of the game they become unrecognisable from the referee they previously were,Uriah Rennie springs to mind on that score too.

Hes either on the take,which you refute or hes too poor a referee to be at this level.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes either on the take,which you refute or hes too poor a referee to be at this level.

Fair enough.

But people that know a thing or two about refereeing seem to rate him though.

Maybe they're on the take as well.

Maybe everyone's paying everyone just so we lose. Yeah, that's gotta be it.

Fair enough.

But people that know a thing or two about refereeing seem to rate him though.

Maybe they're on the take as well.

Maybe everyone's paying everyone just so we lose. Yeah, that's gotta be it.

Like I said I used to rate him in the lower leagues but he and others seem to change when promoted to the PL list.

The people who know a thing or two about reffing could be the people terrified of Fergie though?;)

Like I said I used to rate him in the lower leagues but he and others seem to change when promoted to the PL list.

The people who know a thing or two about reffing could be the people terrified of Fergie though?;)

Maybe!

Fifa included in that theory as he reffed the WC final. Maybe Ferguson got in their ear and threatened Blatter with a Chinese burn.

Guest San Don

ferguson has had refs in his back pocket for years.

Who can forget his comments in the past about 'not having elleray \ riley \ etc ref any more of our games.'

And his constant rantings about more time for his teams? Was it just co incidence that since he started that particular crusade united always get more 'injury' time than virtually any other PL teams?

What other team would have got away with chasing the ref halfway around the pitch at their own gaff when D'Urso award that pen against them? 6 or 7 players wasn't it?

Are some people blind to the pressure ferguson has applied to refs especially at home?

Pulis summed it up when neville wasnt sent off at Stoke. Everyone knows if that incident was in manchester and an opposition player, he'd have been off just like today if that had of been Torres in the first minute in united's box, we wouldnt have got the shout.

manchester united have been getting the lions share of decisions for nigh on the last 20 years. And those decision do make a difference.

What about the Valencia one? Before that? These are incidents that put doubts into my mind.

Fair enough. But it's not like we don't get the odd decision in our favour at Anfield.

The furthest I'll go in the corruption/ineptitude debate is say that refs are homers in the most part. And Webb was today.

I can understand the argument that theres no proof of corruption. But fucking hell, every year this happens. The mancs basically have 1 Ref assigned to them who gets all there major games and effectively hands them the games on a platter over and over and over again.

Nobody can deny that. So the question is, why is it happening? If the answer is Ginsoak has the Refs scared shitless. Then its still a form of corruption and effectively its cheating.

I can understand the argument that theres no proof of corruption. But fucking hell, every year this happens. The mancs basically have 1 Ref assigned to them who gets all there major games and effectively hands them the games on a platter over and over and over again.

Nobody can deny that. So the question is, why is it happening? If the answer is Ginsoak has the Refs scared shitless. Then its still a form of corruption and effectively its cheating.

Webbs reffed our last 3 games at OT and weve lost all 3 after previously winning the two before,coincidence or something more sinister?

And not a draw among them!

One thing I don't understand is why Howard Webb is always wheeled out for the big games? Surely there's selection criteria for refereeing Premier League games?

To be honest, wouldn't it be simpler if we all got referees on a strictly rotational basis? Every time there's a big match on you pretty much always see Howard Webb refereeing it. Fine, I accept some matches are bigger than others. But the only way for referees to learn to handle the "big match pressure" is to let them ref the big matches.

• 3 weeks later...

well you have just watched peter walton save scum 2 ..0 down and a nailed on pen raefel knocked varney off his feet did not touch ball ,..

compare to aggers all the pundits say he touched him so a pen silly challenge he he ,, which one looks a pen you decide

i sais it before and i say it again our league is corrupt .

The ref in the Blackpool v Man Utd game only came on at half time. They took Gibson off and put him on.

At his age, how he keeps up with play I don't know. But as the commentators like to say, "Ryan Giggs, 38 years young..."

I think in real terms they're on 13 or 14 titles - it is not coincidence that such major decisions constantly go their way. It's a huge money game and they're the biggest money spinner in the country. That's why they've been allowed four or five titles on top of their true tally. The powers that be simply have far too much to lose if their crown slips for long.

I genuinely don't think refs are corrupt. However, they are corrupted. As long as that man stalks the dressing rooms, the corridors of the FA, and the press rooms of the country, there will always be intimidation.

That's just the way it is.

I think in real terms they're on 13 or 14 titles - it is not coincidence that such major decisions constantly go their way. It's a huge money game and they're the biggest money spinner in the country. That's why they've been allowed four or five titles on top of their true tally. The powers that be simply have far too much to lose if their crown slips for long.

This is bang on the money for me, especially the slipping crown.

Martin Atkinson is case in point. Reffed the mancs at OT when they lost to Pompey 1-0 in the FA CUp. Ferguson and Quieroz condemned him even suggesting he was a cheat. Never reffed another game for 1 and a half seasons until the manchester derby were they won 4-3, when he added on extra for Owen to score.

Corrupt? Damn straight.