You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst Liverpool kits ever?

straight_red

How anyone can suggest the 1989 - 1991 Candy kits is beyond me. They're some of our most iconic kits.

I've never really liked our recent yellow kits though. That one from 04-05 was awful and I can remember feeling very relieved that Milan wanted to wear white so we didn't have to wear that thing. I've not liked any of our recent black away efforts either, this one in particular is awful - though probably because it reminds me of such an awful season inspired by Heskey, Diouf, Diao etc

reebok-02-03-liverpool-a-l-s-shirt.gif

Just been looking at the "worst" Liverpool kits of all time here. Is it just me or are they not that bad? Certainly better than some of the nightmares donned by a certain club not a million miles away (actually, two clubs thinking about it)

Rather interested in fashion for a "straight" red, aren't ya!

Guest davelfc

Didn't know where to put this, so this seemed a good idea

This is definitely a great shirt and for £12 (£3.95 postage) isn't that bad a price either.

After you've looked at some of the bad ones in this thread, get yourself a classic shirt.

Liverpool FC 1986 Retro Shirt | Woolworths.co.uk

I'm not going to add a picture because people might think I'm saying it's a bad shirt.

Guest ShoePiss

Number 5 in that list is the worst of all time. I don't know how Adidas got away with the material used for it. It was made from lady's nylon tights so when you made contact with anything it would ladder.

I don't know why the cricket jumper isn't in that list either.

This is definitely a great shirt and for £12 (£3.95 postage) isn't that bad a price either.

After you've looked at some of the bad ones in this thread, get yourself a classic shirt.

I'm not going to add a picture because people might think I'm saying it's a bad shirt.

I bought that for £29 about 6 weeks ago!

Don't agree with most of that list, although the 1999 green one is horrific. The 1989/90 'birdshit' kit (no7) was rotten, although it's taken on a certain iconic status for being our last league winning kit. The 1993/4 'ribs' shirt is the worst home kit - no redeeming features, too much green, too much white, just ugly. The 'cricket collar' one is a favourite of mine as it was a return to traditional Adidas and the shade of red was very deep. This year's effort is a bit of a stinker.

Guest ShoePiss
Don't agree with most of that list, although the 1999 green one is horrific. The 1989/90 'birdshit' kit (no7) was rotten, although it's taken on a certain iconic status for being our last league winning kit. The 1993/4 'ribs' shirt is the worst home kit - no redeeming features, too much green, too much white, just ugly. The 'cricket collar' one is a favourite of mine as it was a return to traditional Adidas and the shade of red was very deep. This year's effort is a bit of a stinker.

It wasn't though, they copied the Umbro 83-84 collar and got it horribly wrong. I'll give you the stripes down the arms though.

Thx for the link. They got that in the club shop and was gonna get it and most likely selling for much more.